Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 17071 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 3: No Turn Name
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2017, 07:51:05 pm »

Investigate the computer terminal. Check my pockets for anything of value.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2017, 08:17:48 pm »

Ok, 4/5 players have turned -
ZOMBIE! BURN THE DEAD! BURNT THE DEA-

Oh a turn? You are forgiven for being a mindless abomination of unholy magic.
- uh, have posted their turn. Hail Derm, commander of giant amphibious scorpion rats!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 08:34:23 pm by Eschar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:20 pm »

PRAISE Dermonster, master of summoning magic!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2017, 08:44:24 pm »

Melt people inside their armor, sink a ship, nearly throw the next into a whirlpool, and fuse two people and a swordfish together in a horrific mutilation of the lawys of physics, nature, and science.

OUR HERO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
Don't forget ordering a horde of rats to rip out a man's throat and drowning a whole ship full of sailors AND one of your former companions.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2017, 09:02:50 pm »

Roll to Roll to Dodge was one of those RTDs where it was worth it to read through all the logs.
It was over by the time I found it, mind you, but it's a great read.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 01:13:39 am »

Head to the stairwell, try to smell the air for anything...off.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 4: Decay
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 08:28:24 pm »

Turn 4: Decay
I will start using character sheets this turn.
Investigate the crates, and collect scraps.
(2) You fail to open any of the crates - they are sealed - and also fail to find scraps.
Juni investigates the destroyed segments of the wall for larger shards of metal that may be re-purposed as weapons.
(5) You select a nice shard of metal, about a foot long and tapering at one end. It is deadly sharp, except for the thicker end where the sides of the shard have curled slightly. That end functions as a nice handle.
>Check Pockets
>Head for the Stairs
(Free) You find bits of electronic scrap. Erin examines them with interest.
(2) You head for the stairs, and trip over Juni's foot. She looks annoyed.
Investigate the computer terminal. Check my pockets for anything of value.
(5) The terminal's display is covered in small white text. It appears to be already logged in on a privileged account.
(Free) In your pocket is the thermal pocketknife, undamaged. A grimy label on the case notes that it can reach temperatures of 3000 degrees Fahrenheit without melting itself.
Head to the stairwell, try to smell the air for anything...off.
(3) You head to the stairwell, avoiding Bob, who is on the ground.
(1) You try to smell, but sense nothing.

The lights glare excruciatingly bright, then dim for three seconds. All five of you are flung up into the air, feeling drained of energy. Erin nearly slams into the ceiling, but his NCE coin creates a high-pressure barrier around him, and he drifts away unharmed. The light dims further, but the room does not seem darker; instead it seems simply to have acquired a yellowish haze. Then the world becomes silent, and you all seem to be moving in several times at once. A wealth of contradictory masses of qualia mix around you as all their millions of messages happen in the same space. You remain that way, paralyzed, for ten minutes, listening to the images drift around you. Then the air turns freezing and your minds violently clear themselves.
Nix is released first and instantly regains his presence of mind. He attempts to halt his fall using telekinesis but (6) propels himself sideways instead, landing by the collapsed corner.
Juni falls directly downwards, tries to brace her fall, and (4) succeeds without injury, retaining her grip on the metal scrap.
Erin falls, nearly cracking his head on a crate, but his coin narrowly forces him away.
Bob (4) plummets and catches himself on the door's handle. Hey, he's standing now.
Dustan falls next to Bob, attempts to catch himself, and (1) sprains his left wrist.

The first thing you all notice is a feeling that, as Nix searched for earlier, something is...off. It is as if you have different memories hovering into your minds. Then you see that the walls are spotted with rust, and the lights are flickering.
An alarm - a hateful sound to you now - goes off in the silence. But it comes from Juni's diagnostic device, and the device projects a screen of information onto her eye. Heavy genetic damage. Regenerating from stored genome sample. The device pricks her, and injects something into her bloodstream.
The five of you try to glean information from these new hidden memories, but they elude you.
A scrap of cloth lies on the floor. It bears the insignia of what you recognize - how? - as a high-level researcher of the facility. A researcher who likely has high security clearance.
The rust spreads further, then all is still.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:35:07 am by Eschar »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »

Juni snatches up the insignia and investigates it closely.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »

"...Don't let the rust touch you.", Nix says to everybody.

Cautiously proceed down stairs ( it is downwards right? )
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2017, 09:01:14 pm »

Yes, it is downwards. The stairwell does not leads upwards. Ah, I had almost gotten someone to the terminal...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:09:34 pm by Eschar »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2017, 09:17:24 pm »

Also go downstairs, gathering any useful-looking scrap along the way.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2017, 09:36:14 pm »

"agh, my hand!"
try to get my hand set right again, and examine my surroundings. If the terminal is still there, go and see what I can do on it. Avoid the rust spots as nix ordered, assuming he somehow knows what causes them.
(Oddity: bob has the electronic scrap I pulled out of my pocket, and according to the turn he also has a knife like the one I got on turn 3. What's all this nonsense?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 04:02:33 am »

My mistake; I got the two of you mixed up. I'll rectify the character sheets now.
Do any of you know a better name I could call that knife than "scaldknife?" Also, your health, inventory, and levels of skill are inside the character sheet spoiler.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:10:40 am by Eschar »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2017, 04:25:06 am »

Do any of you know a better name I could call that knife than "scaldknife?"
How about "thermoblade"?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2017, 04:31:39 am »

I'll add that name to the character sheet entry for Dustan's inventory.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:47:30 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12