_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5761420 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Eh, okay  :) Also, could you suggest some way for augmenting dexterity? I mean, apart from replacing your whole body with a Full Body Prosthesis.
Also, yes, neural augments are the cool stuff. Too bad there probably cannot be anything to augment your willpower - merging in more brain matter, perhaps? I mean, the way Steve functions, only, perhaps, scaled down.
Mmmm, do you think Jim would consider donating his brain? Nah, that's probably virus-ridden now.  ;D

Oh, WAIT!
Just understood - how exactly did they acquire that much brain matter to create Steve, if as long as the brain is pretty much intact, they can stuff it into robotic box and call it a day, and chances for damaging the brain too much for it to function properly but still leaving enough of it for other purposes are quite low? What exactly happened to 'the unit before us'?))

((They "Finished their missions" by all screwing up and only a portion of brain matter from each got salvaged.

Also, I doubt that I'd say no to some special cyber-legs: Digitigrade ones, to be exact. That moved (or extra, can't remember) joint might be good for DEX and stealthy movement. Also might make you taller. Though you'd need both legs at once, it'd be very difficult to have one leg in a different configuration. Arms are alright, legs, probably not.

And it really wouldn't be all that strange to manipulate them like they're yours, due to the human brain being capable of maintaining ownership of artificial limbs, even those that don't match human physiology (Here). Which is why Erik was able to use four arms cohesively.))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 03:57:51 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Wow! The last idea seems quite promising. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting an extra limb or three ;)
Also, yes, those legs seem quite useful, possibly even more than the regular synth-flesh ones. But actually I was talking about an exoskeleton-like external augmentation. Maybe actually the exoskeleton can be reprogrammed for this purpose? Something like increasing the negative feedback, perhaps. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Wow! The last idea seems quite promising. I mean, I wouldn't mind getting an extra limb or three ;)
Also, yes, those legs seem quite useful, possibly even more than the regular synth-flesh ones. But actually I was talking about an exoskeleton-like external augmentation. Maybe actually the exoskeleton can be reprogrammed for this purpose? Something like increasing the negative feedback, perhaps. ))

((Tinker ain't just for weapons, you know. Wanna go into a joint session with me?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((If you want to leave the combat test, go for it then. That Metal Sentinel was too much for you, I guess. The next time we are trying weaponized clowns.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((If you want to leave the combat test, go for it then. That Metal Sentinel was too much for you, I guess. The next time we are trying weaponized clowns.))

((No. I will either freeze it or break all of its molecular bonds at once. I am DETERMINED to do so. Piecewise didn't know what he was getting into when he made the heat-related stuff the cheapest. Manipulating temperature is a powerful ability.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((Damn no way I'd go now!  ;D Especially with the Game Master being comrade Milno. How could I even think of showing back to the Honey Badger? ;) ))

((Tinker ain't just for weapons, you know. Wanna go into a joint session with me?))
((Certainly do!  :) Also, it's just that the first planned stage of my research being focused on weapons. The second was planned, for example, to be about augmentations and auxillary devices, such as a shoulder weapon mount, a targeting computer or a dedicated transportation craft. ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 04:50:03 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Damn no way I'd go now!  ;D Especially with the Game Master being comrade Milno. How could I even think of showing back to the Honey Badger? ;) ))

((Certainly do!  :) Also, it's just that the first planned stage of my research being focused on weapons. The second was planned, for example, to be about augmentations and auxillary devices, such as a shoulder weapon mount, a targeting computer or a dedicated transportation craft. ))

((We aren't going to go on missions. We're going to be too busy making equipment and handing out prototypes like candy.

There is no such thing as too big a stick. Case in point: Extra Long-Range Bombardment Firearm system for Localized defensive use "Harkonnen Cannon II". It had a gross weight of 345 kg and sported a pair of 30 mm auto cannons belt-fed from two large ammunition boxes carried on her back. Its maximum range was 4000m, and could snipe fast moving missiles and even shoot down Millennium airships. For additional firepower, the pair of cannons could double as a grenade launcher, launching two of the immense explosive incendiary grenades for wide-area field dominance "Vladimir", one from each barrel.

I intend to best that, while still being man-portable... even if they need to be in a Avatar of War to use it!))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:18:36 pm by PyroDesu »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Faith's eyes remained wide. He was sure, right? Sure sure, and not just...?

"...go ahead," she said meekly. He'd been right about the other thing, right? He was always right, right?!

Agree to procedure.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((We aren't going to go on missions. We're going to be too busy making equipment and handing out prototypes like candy.))
((Entirely possible  :P Still, I'd like to go on at least one mission - to earn membership in the Bastards, learn the Armory Master's name and "regain pre-cryotank hibernation strength".
EDIT: As for the 'big stick', I was considering remaking the exoskeleton to double its strength. Would probably put it somewhere close to the Avatar of War on the price range, but dammit even that one doesn't provide freaking 30 Strength. Also, definetly with you on the 'best that' route, we'll show them the power of humanity  ;)  ))

((@IronyOwl Go go brave Faith! And if it works we would also be able to patch our brains if they needed it.  :) ))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:56:02 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'd like to point out the GM may allow you not to join missions just for the case if the ship itself is invaded/boarded, the weaker characters shall be killed on spot.
So...Going into at least one or two missions may be beneficial for your health.))

Edit:
EDIT: As for the 'big stick', I was considering remaking the exoskeleton to double its strength. Would probably put it somewhere close to the Avatar of War on the price range, but dammit even that one doesn't provide freaking 30 Strength. Also, definetly with you on the 'best that' route, we'll show them the power of humanity  ;)  ))
((Yes, the Avatar kind of gives you 30 str. Since it gives you +1 to str rolls and +1 to all rolls, it can actually be assumed it grants you 30 str. It would be counter-intuitive for such a giant thing not to grant more strength to the wearer than a MkIII))
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:00:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((We aren't going to go on missions. We're going to be too busy making equipment and handing out prototypes like candy.))
((Entirely possible  :P Still, I'd like to go on at least one mission - to earn membership in the Bastards, learn the Armory Master's name and "regain pre-cryotank hibernation strength".))

((How about next mission? I might be able to tear myself away from Tinker and whatever we're using for weapons testing. Heck, IF you had at least 5 Strength, which you don't, I might've given you my P RGH-KP Rifle to test. Looks like I might have to use someone else, though. Milno, may - crap, nope. Is there anyone on the team with at least 5 strength (Preferably more so you can do an overcharge) and conventional weapons skills?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Since the suit follows the wearer's movements, Milno tries to create a suit's setting able to identify the characteristic motion of his finger moving to pull the trigger.

As soon as the suit's systems identify his movements to shoot, the MkIII will try to lock the arms in the place they are, preventing the user's arms from moving for the small fraction of time needed to fire and releasing right after, but still allowing him to pull the trigger.

Have in mind that this assumes basic firearm safety measures, as in keeping the pointer finger normally away from the trigger.
So you want to modify the suit's program so that it causes the arm exoskeleton to lock when you squeeze your trigger finger down, and then unlock when you release? Modifying the program will require hooking the suit up to a computer.

Release what is left of the weapon and quickly step back.
Good grief, that was a trusty weapon. Still, good to keep my arms intact. Nick, can you evaporate that puddle?
Move away from the puddle to avoid being caught in friendly fire.
Hmmm, Game Master, thank you for all the advice. I'm definetly going to bring a poking stick on the actual mission now. Also, comrades, looks like I'm bound to take the lead now, so that the unfortunate victim wouldn't be someone with a weapon. He chuckled.
[dex:5-1] You leap back in time to avoid most of the razor sharp tendrils but several still impale and slash up your right arm. [End:3] You fall back, screaming in pain as blood and air escape from the torn suit. You're about to yell for a medic when your entire arm freezes solid and then shatters an instant later. You already begin to feel dizzy as blood pours from the stump.

((Yeah, kinda like a porcelain doll.))

"I'm trying to weld this freaking series of pipes together with a welder, and I cut something off. Really annoying."

She picked up the pipe. Try welding it again.
[Handiwork:3-1-1] You attempt to weld several pieces of pipe together to create a nice club with handles. You some how manage to weld a piece of bent pipe around your left wrist and to a large chunk of metal, shackling one hand to a 50 pound weight. Super.

I can try an vaporize it, though I advise that you step very far back before I do so...

Although a better idea that would not involve having that stuff in the air as vapor is freezing it.

Cool the puddle to 0.01 degrees Kelvin, that should render it inert.
[Uncon:1-1] You enter your commands into the field manipulator with your fist and hit execute. The field manipulator buzzes and beeps. Nik, already flailing around in pain, suddenly goes silent as his injured arm freezes solid and shatters an instant later.

((Yeah, kinda like a porcelain doll.))

"I'm trying to weld this freaking series of pipes together with a welder, and I cut something off. Really annoying."

She picked up the pipe. Try welding it again.

See if May can remember anything about welding from her past life.
[int:5] You can't say you remember anything special about welding in your past, at least nothing that would give you any advantage over the average man.

"Right. That's done. Now what to do. *Gurgble*. Food it is. Thanks stomach."

Head to the Mess hall.
You go to the mess hall and look at menu.

Faith's eyes remained wide. He was sure, right? Sure sure, and not just...?

"...go ahead," she said meekly. He'd been right about the other thing, right? He was always right, right?!

Agree to procedure.
The doctor nods briskly at your approval and leaves the room. You sit in the darkness for a few minutes, your heart pounding. Every so often the implant in your arm would beep and you'd suddenly feel more relaxed, not that the feeling lasted long.

And then the door opens and the doctor steps in, nodding.
"Any memory of what happened?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((How about next mission? I might be able to tear myself away from Tinker and whatever we're using for weapons testing. Heck, IF you had at least 5 Strength, which you don't, I might've given you my P RGH-KP Rifle to test. Looks like I might have to use someone else, though. Milno, may - crap, nope. Is there anyone on the team with at least 5 strength (Preferably more so you can do an overcharge) and conventional weapons skills?))
((I think Ivan has 6 strength and he is a mercenary, but can't use overcharge. Empyrean would've been able to use the simple overcharge if her muscles were still there. If she regains all the 7 strength, she is your best shot.))

Milno tries to modify the program of the virtual MkIII first. Virtually.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:05:35 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Um? Sitting here for a few minutes, arm things beep every now and then and I feel more relaxed for a few moments..."

She really hoped that meant everything had gone alright.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Either the dice or the GM hate Nik. I'm betting that it's both.))

FOR THE LOVE OF- Well, at least it only took your arm this time, Nik.

Heat the puddle to 20,000,000°K, which should not only vaporize it but break its molecular bonds.

(If I get a 1 or a 6..... !!FUN!! will be had. !!FUN!! indeed.))

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 2101