Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651690 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2295 on: November 22, 2013, 04:42:17 am »

Quick question, guys.

I want my Eevee (soon Espeon) to learn both Baton Pass (Eevee learns this at level 33) and Morning Sun (Espeon learns this at level 33). Does this mean I have to evolve Eevee to Espeon at level 34 and keep Baton Pass move, and then relearn Morning Sun via Move Relearner?

Pretty sure that will work. IIRC, the Move Relearner can't teach moves from prior evolutions, but he can teach moves that the Pokemon would've learned at an earlier level.

I'm pretty sure that the Move Relearner also 'records' what moves that pokemon knew in the past.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: November 22, 2013, 04:56:37 am »

Yeah it does. So if you got baton pass at any point in your pokemon's history, any future evolutions can relearn it. Just have to actually learn it first.

Egg moves are all automatically gained though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: November 22, 2013, 06:59:57 am »

Thanks guys. What do you think of this Espeon in a team with Mega Charizard Y and Chlorophyll Venusaur:

Espeon/Magic Bounce
Timid
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 6 HP
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam

The idea is to open with Espeon to prevent/reflect entry hazards, use Calm Mind in Turn 1, and stay in if the opponent doesn't resist Psyshock (good vs Special Wall) or Dazzling Gleam (good vs Dark) in Turn 2. If if it's an opponent Espeon can't handle, then he will Baton Pass the Calm Mind (+1 SpA and SpD) to another Pokemon.

I also have a now-Eevee-but-will-be-Jolteon handy that I will teach Volt Switch, which I assume acts similar to Baton Pass with additional Electric damage. Haven't got any walls in the team except for Avalugg. May breed Blissey if necessary.

Disclaimer: Very new to competitive battling, so above strategy could be totally lame, lol.

EDIT: I didn't breed my Eevee with Stored Power, sadly. Is it worth starting over?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:43:08 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: November 22, 2013, 08:09:11 am »

I'm currently running Mandibuzz as my defogger.

It's really, really tanky for a flying type and can run a lot of different moves. I personally use defog, roost, taunt, and knock off. Knock off is always hilarious, especially when you knock off someone's life orb or leftovers. Taunt needs no mentioning and is always amazing. Defog is fantastic, as no one expects it. Everyone is still used to rapid spinners clearing obstacles, so when they don't see one on your team they happily spend 4+ turns putting down entry hazards, only for Mandibuzz to clear it all out.

I tried to put toxic on it before, but my team is more focused around paralysis and burn. You can't stack poison on top of that sadly.

I found Mandibuzz is also an excellent counter to Skarmory, who I've always had trouble with.

All in all I really like it. A lot more useful that the suicide Forretress who couldn't even survive more than 2 turns usually.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: November 22, 2013, 11:19:00 am »

Thanks guys. What do you think of this Espeon in a team with Mega Charizard Y and Chlorophyll Venusaur:

Espeon/Magic Bounce
Timid
252 Spe, 252 SpA, 6 HP
Calm Mind
Baton Pass
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam

The idea is to open with Espeon to prevent/reflect entry hazards, use Calm Mind in Turn 1, and stay in if the opponent doesn't resist Psyshock (good vs Special Wall) or Dazzling Gleam (good vs Dark) in Turn 2. If if it's an opponent Espeon can't handle, then he will Baton Pass the Calm Mind (+1 SpA and SpD) to another Pokemon.

I also have a now-Eevee-but-will-be-Jolteon handy that I will teach Volt Switch, which I assume acts similar to Baton Pass with additional Electric damage. Haven't got any walls in the team except for Avalugg. May breed Blissey if necessary.

Disclaimer: Very new to competitive battling, so above strategy could be totally lame, lol.

EDIT: I didn't breed my Eevee with Stored Power, sadly. Is it worth starting over?

Does Volt switch preserve boosts like baton pass? I though it just was just an attack that enabled you to switch in the same turn.

I really need to get on with breeding my pokemon team again...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: November 22, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

Quick question, guys.

I want my Eevee (soon Espeon) to learn both Baton Pass (Eevee learns this at level 33) and Morning Sun (Espeon learns this at level 33). Does this mean I have to evolve Eevee to Espeon at level 34 and keep Baton Pass move, and then relearn Morning Sun via Move Relearner?
Or you can evolve at Level 33.  Eevee should learn Baton Pass, evolve to Espeon, and promptly try to learn Morning Sun. 

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:35 am »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: November 22, 2013, 05:14:51 pm »

Does Volt switch preserve boosts like baton pass? I though it just was just an attack that enabled you to switch in the same turn.

Volt Switch allows the user to deal Electric damage and then switch. It does not pass on any stat-boosts, the same as U-Turn (Bug-type equivalent).

I just found out the only way to breed Eevee with Stored Power is using a male Munna, only obtainable in Friend Safari, and I don't have one. Boo.

Not sure what I just watched.

I can watch that all day long.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:17:33 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: November 22, 2013, 05:48:04 pm »

And so I begin massive Zubat breeding program.  Like actually doing it this time, I got a female with adament and inflitrator and now need to Iv up it and a duckett to make the final form.  Annoyingly this means breeding duckets.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: November 22, 2013, 11:51:32 pm »

Speaking of
Like actually doing it this time, I got a female with adament and inflitrator and now need to Iv up it and a duckett to make the final form.  Annoyingly this means breeding duckets.

What do you need the Duckett for? Egg moves?

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: November 23, 2013, 08:07:33 am »

Sooo... I'm late to the FC party, but I want to get into this Safari Zone thing and random Passersby are somewhat hesitant to become more than acquaintances. :P

My code is 3668-8305-2950, and I have no idea what my own zone contains.

Also, I managed to catch the Pokerus like 2 days into the game. I of course backed that stuff up on some permaboxed Pokes for further spread. But I guess Pokerus is obsolete now, what with Super Training and all?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: November 23, 2013, 08:31:49 am »

Sooo... I'm late to the FC party, but I want to get into this Safari Zone thing and random Passersby are somewhat hesitant to become more than acquaintances. :P

My code is 3668-8305-2950, and I have no idea what my own zone contains.

Also, I managed to catch the Pokerus like 2 days into the game. I of course backed that stuff up on some permaboxed Pokes for further spread. But I guess Pokerus is obsolete now, what with Super Training and all?

Pokerus is hardly obsolete; it takes about an hour - hour and a half to EV train a level 1 pokemon with Super Training (having done it three or four times now), whilst using appropriate Power Items, Pokerus, and hordes, you can fully train a party of 5 pokemon (assuming they're level 1s being carried by a high-level lead) in about 10-11 battles, as long as you aren't going for an unusual spread of EVs (if you are, it should only take marginally longer). Since a battle against a horde that you can one-shot all of takes... a minute tops? You can fully EV train 5 pokemon in about 15-20 minutes or so that way, and as a bonus they will pick up some experience too. (This is of course slightly offset by having to obtain the BP for five copies of the relevant Power Items :P)

Source link on Smogon with reference for all the relevant hordes by EV gain.

Pokerus is therefore still highly valued - Super Training is a nice diversion, and is still handy for piling up Evolution Stones (from the Secret Super Training), but ultimately it's an inefficient way to train.

--

(edit) Finally got a 6IV Scraggy. It's male, which is what I was hoping, but picked up the wrong ability (and since I was aiming for the Hidden Ability I can't even fix it with the Ability Capsule). Gah. Well, he'll just have to enjoy his retirement being used as breeding stock, whilst I use a 5IV version with the right ability for battle.

On the plus side this means I can get on with the other breeding projects I had planned.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:46:44 am by Calech »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: November 23, 2013, 09:54:49 am »

I guess this is kind of related to this thread?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 02:41:03 pm by Ultimuh »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: November 23, 2013, 02:12:30 pm »

Speaking of
Like actually doing it this time, I got a female with adament and inflitrator and now need to Iv up it and a duckett to make the final form.  Annoyingly this means breeding duckets.

What do you need the Duckett for? Egg moves?

With duckett I can combo Brave Bird and Defog.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: November 23, 2013, 04:08:38 pm »

With duckett I can combo Brave Bird and Defog.

Oh gotcha. It's a good alternative to Rapid Spinner. I played Pokemon Showdown for the first time yesterday and on top of being addictive, I also learned that:

Rapid Spinner can be countered by Gengar (or any ghost-type) since it is a physical Normal attack that needs to hit before the secondary effect of removing entry hazards is triggered. Mega Gengar can even trap the Rapid Spinner with its ability.

Probably old news, but new to me. :p

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 463