Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651744 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: HOENN CONFIRMED!!! FOR REAL THIS TIME!!!
« Reply #3240 on: June 11, 2014, 04:14:41 pm »

Now that we have footage of the overworld, including clear landmarks like Fortree and the hoenn cycling road, plus a confirmed and well detailed Map, I can finally agree that this is a Hoenn based game, though an idea occurred to me and has got me wondering whether this new world mumbo jumbo is fans of pokemon or fans of Hoenn-gen games.

Ie roughly the line said by them was "ORAS promises to take fans of the series through a fascinating new world."
But within Pokemon as a franchise, there are several "series" of games, to which we tend to call "generations", for exapmle: RSE/FRLG is a series within the Pokemon franchise such as XY/ORAS is another "series" of games.
In this case the new world is simply a 3d-hoenn versus the limited 2D it used to have. and fits my description of remake

Or are they referring to a possible "distortion-world" like realm that Kyorge and Groudon once lived in that is visitable. Which in this case deviates from true remake status as far I am concerned.

Either way I'm now officially happy these games are coming out, but this new world part is what I gotta know about before i determine whether or not I'll call them Remakes.
But yeah, I'm glad(and have been) for Hoenn revisits.

As for the Kyogre/Ground changes, I'm a little sad they didnt give Kyorge a weakspot Groudon can exploit, but then again, I prefer Rayquaza outta that bunch...so it's nothing that'll effect me one bit.
Though I'm interested to see how my Kyorge, Reign, handles in their primal design, but not narly as much as I'm looking forward to my Mega Mudzy
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »

I want Bay12 to name my Mudkip this time.

Because of reasons.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: June 11, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »

Oxuder
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: June 11, 2014, 05:29:44 pm »

Doublepost for Mega Sableye.

How is the most annoying pokemon in the game going to get more annoying? I don't even want to know.

Of course, Sableye is one of those pokemon that like having actual items. It really loves leftovers and IIRC, it is a famous trick user and needs choice scarf for that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: June 11, 2014, 05:32:20 pm »

Mega Sableye Trailer link

The description of it implies defensive buffs

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 05:35:48 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: June 11, 2014, 05:56:34 pm »

I can finally agree that this is a Hoenn based game
Not to be ofensive, but what the crap else would it be? Set in atlantis disguised as a pokemon region? If it was going to not be hoenn, they would've pointed out their new region already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: June 11, 2014, 06:09:11 pm »

Mega Sableye Trailer link

The description of it implies defensive buffs

It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!
I wonder if this means they'll take away prankster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: June 11, 2014, 07:41:20 pm »

Not to be ofensive, but what the crap else would it be? Set in atlantis disguised as a pokemon region? If it was going to not be hoenn, they would've pointed out their new region already.
It's clearly Nneoh, the mirror universe counterpart where the heroic teams must wage a desperate war to awaken the legendary guardians of land and sea and liberate the land from the evil self-styled Champion Wallace.  The player must defeat his eight chosen administrators in each city and deal with the consequences of the desperation of vitriolic best buds/rivals Maxie and Archie as they unleash a power they cannot contain, but even if they succeed, they must first face Wallace's elite guard consisting of the highest-ranked trainers in the region: the treacherous and underhanded Sydney, the fallen shrinekeeper of Mt. Pyre Phoebe, the cold and calculating Glacia, and the brutal and direct Drake, before they can finally overthrow him and succeed in their goal.  However, there are rumours that even Wallace himself was advised by another.  Though the Devon Corp seems outwardly friendly and willing to help the player, rumours have arisen about their rise to wealth under Wallace's reign of terror and the mysterious absence of the president's son, a rockhound and scientist who has pursued the mysterious Kalosian arts of empowering Pokemon in unnatural ways, the man who was once Wallace's friend.  And just how did Maxie and Archie come by the knowledge of the Primal transformation that promised them the power to defeat Wallace, but instead drove their plans to ruin as Primal Kyogre and Groudon rampaged through the region?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:44:07 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: June 11, 2014, 07:47:42 pm »

Mega Sableye I am mixed about...I like Sableye but dunno on MegaSableye just yet...
EDIT: Screw what i just said about being mixed on Mega-sableye - thing's holding a giant RED RUPEE, TLOZ REF! gotsta Habz

Not to be offensive but are you incapable of reading? Nintendo themselves stated ORAS:"will take players through a spectacular new world" BEFORE they said anything about it being situated in Hoenn of which the only hints it was were the titles Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Version mascots being augmented Groudon and Kyorge.
Also I stated multiple times that considering how many mold-breakings they've done in BW/B2W2 & XY I was being cautious with my excitement as I live by the advice "expect the worst and hope for the best."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 08:54:21 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:38 pm »

It's clearly Nneoh, the mirror universe counterpart where the heroic teams must wage a desperate war to awaken the legendary guardians of land and sea and liberate the land from the evil self-styled Champion Wallace.  The player must defeat his eight chosen administrators in each city and deal with the consequences of the desperation of vitriolic best buds/rivals Maxie and Archie as they unleash a power they cannot contain, but even if they succeed, they must first face Wallace's elite guard consisting of the highest-ranked trainers in the region: the treacherous and underhanded Sydney, the fallen shrinekeeper of Mt. Pyre Phoebe, the cold and calculating Glacia, and the brutal and direct Drake, before they can finally overthrow him and succeed in their goal.  However, there are rumours that even Wallace himself was advised by another.  Though the Devon Corp seems outwardly friendly and willing to help the player, rumours have arisen about their rise to wealth under Wallace's reign of terror and the mysterious absence of the president's son, a rockhound and scientist who has pursued the mysterious Kalosian arts of empowering Pokemon in unnatural ways, the man who was once Wallace's friend.  And just how did Maxie and Archie come by the knowledge of the Primal transformation that promised them the power to defeat Wallace, but instead drove their plans to ruin as Primal Kyogre and Groudon rampaged through the region?

SOMEBODY MAKE THIS IMMEDIATELY
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: June 12, 2014, 07:37:54 am »

I had a thing about them having history of sticking to the same region if the title is directly related to a previous one and not ignoring that in your worst predictions, but Culise's post is far better, so lets go with that. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: June 12, 2014, 08:46:38 am »

-- The most beautiful thing I have ever read --
Honnis confirmed!

But anyway, I'm really looking forward for ORAS, Ruby was the first Pokemon game I ever played (followed by Blue and Gold when my friend gave me his old GBC games).  I kind of wish Emerald were being remade too, but we can't have everything :p

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: June 12, 2014, 11:01:20 am »

I'm guessing that this will include the Battle Frontier, Trainer Hill, the Sootopolis Tag Battle, and other such aspects of Emerald.

I mean, in Emerald, there were a few aesthetic differences, an extra fight or something, and a different Champion, as well as a few extra minutes of story. Most of those could be incorporated into ORAS.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 463