Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651748 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3540 on: August 21, 2014, 12:47:28 am »

The worlds champion Se Jun Park had a Gyrados with the ite on it in his winning team and it was his only mega. You can see his team here

Edit Hmm taking a look at it I do like his move setup somewhat more then mine. Then again I only have bounce over protect to grab a flying stab move which is physical and because Se Jun uses it as a mega the dark type overrides the flying making that meaningless.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:49:58 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: August 21, 2014, 02:45:23 am »

I just remember when the game came out the prevailing opinion was just "hurr its a shrimp".

I sorta had good breeding stock anyway so I made a moxie one and later tried it as a mega.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: August 21, 2014, 02:33:31 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 21, 2014, 02:53:47 pm »

I wonder what those moves are?

That seems like some kind of super stone edge and an idunno beam.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3544 on: August 21, 2014, 07:27:47 pm »

Oh irony, I find a shiny but would trade it (not literally, I am not that crazy) away for a common ditto. Sigh, I have a box with my almost completed set of natured dittos all holding everstones and while trying to catch the last three I can't find a single one but dang it all if a shiny kecleon didn't show up. I would have much preferred a nature of ditto I was missing. Though of course I like the blue stripe and all, but you think the chance of one of 3 remaining dittos would be an easier find then a shiny. It is a bit frustrating.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: August 21, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »

Oh irony, I find a shiny but would trade it (not literally, I am not that crazy) away for a common ditto. Sigh, I have a box with my almost completed set of natured dittos all holding everstones and while trying to catch the last three I can't find a single one but dang it all if a shiny kecleon didn't show up. I would have much preferred a nature of ditto I was missing. Though of course I like the blue stripe and all, but you think the chance of one of 3 remaining dittos would be an easier find then a shiny. It is a bit frustrating.

Are you abusing Synchronize? It's the reason I hunted down/bred up an Adamant Abra - it gives you a 50% chance of wild Pokémon being the same nature as the Synchronize poke when the Synch poke is in the front of the party. And if you've got everstones, a female Abra evo, and a male pokemon compatible with Abra and the nature you want, it should be easy to breed those last three to speed up your hunting.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 21, 2014, 07:54:03 pm »

I wonder what those moves are?

That seems like some kind of super stone edge and an idunno beam.
Could they be Eruption and Water Spout? I haven't seen the gen 6 animations for either.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 21, 2014, 07:55:09 pm »

Might be their new signature moves.
It's FEF, not FEOF

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3548 on: August 21, 2014, 09:17:09 pm »

Are you abusing Synchronize? It's the reason I hunted down/bred up an Adamant Abra - it gives you a 50% chance of wild Pokémon being the same nature as the Synchronize poke when the Synch poke is in the front of the party. And if you've got everstones, a female Abra evo, and a male pokemon compatible with Abra and the nature you want, it should be easy to breed those last three to speed up your hunting.
   I plan to have a full set of synchros as well but I decided to approach it from the ditto side of it first. Mostly because along with catching a lot of dittos of varying nature they also vary in IV. I do have what I am basically certain is a hacked ditto with 6 perfect IVs (I can't say 100% but I assume since it is a Japanese ditto with a OT of Ash and an ID# of 01337 that it is) but I only have one and that isn't very secure. I would like to catch a ditto that is at least close to perfect so as to not depend on just one. Also while perfect is nice I would also like a ditto with a 0IV in speed. Basically I know it will take a while this way (or more to the point, it has taken a while) but I only need 3 more natures to be done.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 21, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

Protip: If you have a 6x31 Ditto, it's been hacked, period. The obvious ID number helps, but seriously - there are 6 stats, and 32 possible values for each. A 6x31 IV Ditto is a 1-in-326 chance, which is a 1-in-1,073,741,824 chance. Yes, that's literally one in a billion. If you assume this Ditto was caught in the Friend Safari (2 guaranteed 31 IVs), then the chance is improved to approximately 1-in-1,048,576, or one in a million (depending slightly on how, exactly, the two fixed IVs are handled).

Assume it takes roughly one minute (60 seconds) to capture one Ditto, including time required to find one (running from unwanted encounters), weaken one (capture rate of 35, so not easy), and capture one. One minute is absolutely an underestimate, but it makes my math easier.

With the 1-in-326 chance, the odds of capturing a Ditto are 50% at (1-(1/326)x = 0.5. Thus, it would take on average x = 7.44261x10^8 attempts. At one minute per capture attempt, it would take just over 1415 years of attempting captures, 24 hours per day, to have even a 50% chance of capturing a single perfect-IV Ditto.

Of course, the odds improve considerably with the Friend Safari. Now, we get x = 726817 attempts, or ~500 days at one minute per attempt to achieve a 50% capture chance. Pokemon X/Y was released on October 12, 2013, so we've had considerably fewer than 500 days elapsed since the game released. If someone got the game, instantly completed it, and then spent 24 hours a day capturing Dittos at a physically-impossible rate, they still would have far less than a 50% chance to capture a perfect Ditto.

Now, to be fair, we're not talking near-zero-percent-before-the-heat-death-of-the-universe probabilities here, so it's possible that someone, somewhere, has actually captured a 6x31 IV Ditto. After all, an awful lot of hours have been pumped into Pokemon by people worldwide, and presumably a decent number of those hours have been dedicated by people farming Dittos. But we're now also assuming that someone caught this Ditto, recognized their one-in-a-billion luck, and proceeded to trade their ridiculous prize on the open market. The far, far more likely outcome is this Ditto was hacked, or it was obtained via RNG manipulation and cloned repeatedly.

TL;DR: Yep, 100% hacked. Above math says it would take years of full-time work to get a perfect Ditto.

Disclaimer: was not expecting to be crunching statistics tonight, may have previously hindered my critical thinking skills with BEvERages. Mistakes may have been made.  :-[

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3550 on: August 21, 2014, 10:27:36 pm »

To be fare while the ditto is obviously hacked in xy a perfect IV breed-able Pokemon is quite easy. Its just that a perfect ditto makes the process oh so much easier.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 21, 2014, 10:32:08 pm »

Might be their new signature moves.
Ohshit.

If that were the case, we should be prepared for the overturning of earthquake or stone edge as well as some new awesome move for water type.

Urist: Hrmm... it might be eruption but I don't think that's water spout. Water spout looks like a spout of water in XY. I *think* eruption is like a volcano thing too.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:47 pm »

It's not Eruption, unless the animations were changed tremendously (even Fire Blast's animation change isn't that large).  I think the most common theory is indeed as Furtuka says, that Primal Kyogre and Groudon both get signature moves.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: August 21, 2014, 11:46:37 pm »

Imagine if you will...

A 100% accuracy, 100 damage rock move. Earthquake in rock form.

Worlds would end.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 21, 2014, 11:56:17 pm »

Where'd you get the hacked Ditto, anyway? I don't really understand why someone with a hacked pokemon would trade for other pokemon, when they could just hack themselves some more?

Also, all the "6 IV" level 30 dittos on the GTS are hilarious.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 463