Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651724 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5790 on: December 15, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »

Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19:02 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: December 15, 2016, 08:25:31 pm »

At least these rocks let you perform really corny dance moves super powerful attacks in battle.
Hey, the Fire type one is actually not that corny as you motion the Billow of a flame then cast it forth in a gout of energy to fill Your Pokemon's energy to the maximum so they can unless a Fiery inferno of utter DESTRUCTION AND INCERNATION upon their unfortunate Foe!
The water one, Um Katara and Aang Water bending lessons much?
The grass one is simple but pretty lackluster, however the EXPLODING RADIANT FLOWER OF EPICNESS is well, Epic

the rest...yeah...corny.

Especialy the fighting one.
That Punch-punch-punch pose for Fighting-Z Move isn't actually a "pose" as it is more of an actual Martial Arts technique/Exercise. I've done it before, though nowhere near that fast, and pro tip: the shoulders should not move while doing it and in Pokemon, they don't. Well done Nintendo!
The form was executed well, but the expression, or lack of one, is the corny part.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: December 15, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »

If there is one thing that REALLY frustrates me about the Super Moves it is this...

They aren't even caught up with the Megavolutions... And now they have to do Super Moves ontop of that.
I'm pretty sure they're dropping mega evolutions (or at least putting it low on the priorities list) in favor of Z-moves, which makes a lot of sense. Z-moves are much better mechanic, mainly because any Pokemon can be equipped with a type Z-crystal and use a Z-move, whereas mega evolutions were limited to a small fraction of the massive number of Pokemon available.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: December 15, 2016, 08:53:32 pm »

No, Mega-Evolutions exist alongside Z-Moves. They are mutually exclusive, as both require a held item.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Going back a bit (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: December 15, 2016, 08:58:33 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: December 15, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »

No, Mega-Evolutions exist alongside Z-Moves. They are mutually exclusive, as both require a held item.

I am still waiting for Rayquaza to get his own exclusive Z-Move that he doesn't need a hold item to use.  :P
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: December 15, 2016, 09:54:53 pm »

Sorry, I phrased my last post badly. I realize they're still usable, I just meant they're not likely to make many more of them, if any. I mean, I'm sure everyone noticed they didn't add any mega evolutions at all when Sun and Moon came out.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: December 15, 2016, 10:56:24 pm »

I am still waiting for Rayquaza to get his own exclusive Z-Move that he doesn't need a hold item to use.  :P
I heard that if Rayqaza Megas, it can't use a Z-move. If that intel was correct: then the vice-versa would be true too I'd assume.
THis would fit into hte game lore, given that while you cant do it with one pokemon, you can still use a Mega-evo and use a Z-move

Sorry, I phrased my last post badly. I realize they're still usable, I just meant they're not likely to make many more of them, if any. I mean, I'm sure everyone noticed they didn't add any mega evolutions at all when Sun and Moon came out.
Potential for Gen4 Remake is here...I will put obvious tell-tales into spoiler tags though. However, if ORAS's trend continues, and the potentials from my spoiler tag prove worthwhile, we may just even get a Dialga and Palkia Adamant-Orb & Lustrous-Orb Form change combo similar to Giratina's Kyogre's and Groudon's Orb-held reversions.
All that said, I doubt Gen4 Remakes will occur, but even so it'd be nice to see Sinnoh
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:10:49 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: December 15, 2016, 11:58:53 pm »

At least these rocks let you perform really corny dance moves super powerful attacks in battle.
Hey, the Fire type one is actually not that corny as you motion the Billow of a flame then cast it forth in a gout of energy to fill Your Pokemon's energy to the maximum so they can unless a Fiery inferno of utter DESTRUCTION AND INCERNATION upon their unfortunate Foe!
The grass one is simple but pretty lackluster, however the EXPLODING RADIANT FLOWER OF EPICNESS is well, Epic

the rest...yeah...corny.
Just because you two reminded me that I saw this floating around a little while ago.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: December 16, 2016, 12:17:00 am »

the rest...yeah...corny.
Just because you two reminded me that I saw this floating around a little while ago.
That's the ghost pose though...which yeah is corny but awesome sound effect. (would be more relevant if Decid's Move was Grass-type...lol)
But seriously I love attacks that use Flowers which explode into blasts of immense Radiation thus Bloom Doom is Epic!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: December 16, 2016, 04:22:53 am »

Yay, they aren't supporting their systems anymore! :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: December 16, 2016, 05:01:43 am »

Megas are also being blanket-banned in VGC formats. 

It might just be an MTG-style cycling out the broken mechanic for each new generation.  Power creep is a big deal in games like this and megas threw a ton more pokemon under the bus than they elevated.  Lucario was a top-tier pick in BW but when his mega got banned he couldn't compete with m-gallade and m-lopunny and went straight in the trash can.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: December 16, 2016, 05:09:53 am »

Honestly... Give it time.

I honestly think that the reason they are dropping Megas is less because of power creep (because... Well... when did they ever care about Power Creep?) but rather because of the sheer monumental amount of work that would need to go into actually updating megas in order to be complete.

But even I don't think they are gone for good.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: December 16, 2016, 12:52:47 pm »

Could any of you imagine Infernape getting a Mega-evolution, one that is weaker than his normal form+Life Orb?
That's what gave me my reason as to why Megas aren't the focus here...The Z-move is more manageable on most movesets without being as game-changing...Infernape is a Damage Dealer, and Life-Orbs-non-mega'd pokemon create more DMG output than Mega-Eovling does. Heck even Ash-Greninja is weaker than Protean LO Greninja, but has more BST increase than most Megas get.
Now an Infernape Exlcusive Z-move, oh yeah that is could see!

On that thought, I'd love to see my Torterra gain a mega, or at least gain a unique Z-move.
But this will only come to pass if Gen4 does get remakes...and seeing as Blazikenite is Awol in SuMo, and my aforementioned reasons, We may very well just get said remakes.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 463