Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083373 times)

Voxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.15-r1
« Reply #1395 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:25 am »

It's a known bug in the Windows version (and it's not just manipulator). Find the "<symbol-table name='v0.40.15 SDL' os-type='windows'>" line in <DF>/hack/symbols.xml and add this line under it:
Code: [Select]
<global-address name='keydisplay' value='0x181C170'/>

So, I had this problem and tried this and it worked for the most part, except now I can't see the values in ranges in workflow's GUI, (go to a workshop, open the workflow gui, add a constraint, try to edit the range)

Additionally I'm getting this error spammed into stderr.log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lastly I'm getting crashes frequently, I'm using the starter pack and the version of DFHack packed with it, I can play at most for half an hour before something crashes, each time the action I last took before the crash was different, last time opening the building menu and trying to select building a carpenters workshop crashed the game, is there some way I can figure out what is causing the crashes? Are there any options I should avoid because they could be causing them? I'm not using any utilities but I have Workflow, Autolabor, and Mouse tweaks enabled as well as the bugfixes and performance tweaks options enabled. Graphics are all default options on pure install of the starter pack except I changed the pallet and installed spacefox, so I am using TwbT. The world and map were all generated in this version of DF and I imported no settings. The map is 4x4 and I have the calculation FPS cap at 300, I'm noticing no lag. Let me know if I should provide any other details.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

A small suggestion (or two):
The manipulator plugin only allows you to toggle labors that are enabled in the entity, can this be changed? (I would like to use the alchemy labor without needing to mod the entity)
The manipulator plugin needs a "clear all labors, this dwarf" key. This would allow making custom professions via a macro (just like Therapist's custom professions).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:14 pm »

When I use tiletypes to paint out some floor onto previously solid stone, the surrounding tiles aren't revealed like they would be if a dwarf dug them out.

• How can I reveal those areas?
  • Is there a better way to dig out sections (without using dwarves)?
There is a better way than revflood.

I learned about these recently.

In tiletypes use paint h 1/0 for hidden/visible, l 1/0 for light/dark, st 1/0 for subterranean/above ground, and sv 1/0 for outside/inside.

I mostly use it to clean up ugly bits of revealed stone from where I had to dig an access shaft or something, oh, and when I clear out a mine I like to lock it up and rehide the veins.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 12, 2014, 03:01:44 pm »

It's a known bug in the Windows version (and it's not just manipulator). Find the "<symbol-table name='v0.40.15 SDL' os-type='windows'>" line in <DF>/hack/symbols.xml and add this line under it:
<global-address name='keydisplay' value='0x181C170'/>

So, I had this problem and tried this and it worked for the most part, except now I can't see the values in ranges in workflow's GUI, (go to a workshop, open the workflow gui, add a constraint, try to edit the range)

Additionally I'm getting this error spammed into stderr.log:

Lastly I'm getting crashes frequently, I'm using the starter pack and the version of DFHack packed with it, I can play at most for half an hour before something crashes, each time the action I last took before the crash was different, last time opening the building menu and trying to select building a carpenters workshop crashed the game, is there some way I can figure out what is causing the crashes? Are there any options I should avoid because they could be causing them? I'm not using any utilities but I have Workflow, Autolabor, and Mouse tweaks enabled as well as the bugfixes and performance tweaks options enabled. Graphics are all default options on pure install of the starter pack except I changed the pallet and installed spacefox, so I am using TwbT. The world and map were all generated in this version of DF and I imported no settings. The map is 4x4 and I have the calculation FPS cap at 300, I'm noticing no lag. Let me know if I should provide any other details.
Did the workflow problems occur before you added the line to symbols.xml? I don't think a symbols change would cause those types of errors.
Regarding the random crashes, I'd try disabling TwbT first.

A small suggestion (or two):
The manipulator plugin only allows you to toggle labors that are enabled in the entity, can this be changed? (I would like to use the alchemy labor without needing to mod the entity)
This is intentional - in fact, DF used to disable access to unavailable labors in 40d (bug report).
The manipulator plugin needs a "clear all labors, this dwarf" key. This would allow making custom professions via a macro (just like Therapist's custom professions).
What key would you suggest? (Custom professions should be possible as well, although coming up with a working configuration format could take some work.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 12, 2014, 09:58:43 pm »

My first instinct would be ctrl+alt+l, I can't think of anywhere it is used currently, and there's a ready mnemonic c(lear)trl al(l)t l(abors) too!

Voxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 13, 2014, 02:19:45 am »

Did the workflow problems occur before you added the line to symbols.xml? I don't think a symbols change would cause those types of errors.
Regarding the random crashes, I'd try disabling TwbT first.

The problems do seem to be related to TwbT, they do not occur in TwbT legacy (so far), the text rendering was as such:

Default install of starter pack using TwbT with no fix to symbols.xml: Hotkeys all read as ?, ranges properly display.
Using TwbT with fix to symbols.xml: Hotkeys all read correctly, ranges are invisible in the range changing dialogue (fine in the workflow list, and the text can still be edited, just not seen).
Using TwbT Legacy with fix to symbols.xml: As of yet no noticeable issues, text rendering correctly.

TwbT standard does seem to use a mix of truetype and ascii, so this seems to imply that TwbT has some issues with workflow.

I'll post again after some extended duration of play to update on crashes.

Update: TwbT legacy is confusingly broken for me, every time I specifically change to (q) manage buildings it pretends I am on the level I think I am but shows information for a lower level, then when I try to move the cursor with arrow keys it puts me on a different level, it always returns to the same level, for me this was to my farms at 1 z level below the wagon. As such I'm testing in 2D drawing mode from now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:24:58 am by Voxus »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1401 on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:59 am »

I've never used the workflow plugin, so maybe I'm looking in wrong place, but I can edit ranges without problems:

However your main issue is crashes, right? Here are the instructions how to enable crash dumps that would help me to fix it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg5624349#msg5624349

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 13, 2014, 05:29:16 am »

Is there a script or plugin for exporting and importing stockpile settings?

I've tediously created stockpiles for High, Medium, and Low value gems that I don't want to lose :|

If there is no such plugin or script, does anyone know if the LUA API would allow for such a script? If so, I'll make it myself.

Edit: to clarify, I'm not talking about copystock. Rather I want a tool to migrate stockpile settings between saves.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:43:32 am by rmblr »

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #1403 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:20 am »

Is there a script or plugin for exporting and importing stockpile settings?
There are a Falconne plugin that enables you to copy the settings of a stockpile, no import/export however, and I am not sure if it has been migrated to 40.xx.

Maybe your best option at the moment for exporting and importing your stockpile settings is to define some aliases for quickfort by joelpt in Dwarf Fortress macro format, and then use quickfort query phase to place your stockpiles.

Some examples of defined stockpile aliases taken from my modified aliases.txt file in the config directory of the quickfort utility
##################################
# food stockpile adjustments
##################################
seeds: s{Down}deb{Right}{Down 9}p^
noseeds: s{Down}dea{Right}{Down 9}f^
booze: s{Down}deb{Right}{Down 5}p{Down}p^
food: s{Down}dea{Right}{Down 5}f{Down}f{Down 3}f^
plants: s{Down}deb{Right}{Down 4}p^
PreparedFoods: s{down}debu^
plantsandseeds: s{Down}deb{Right}{Down 4}p{Down 5}p^
cookableSolids: s{Down}debu{Right}p{Down}p{Down 2}p{Down 5}p{Down}p{Down}p{Down}f{Right}&{Down}&{Down 2}&{Down 5}&{left}{Down 4}p{Right}{up}&{left}{Down 2}{Right}sroy&&{Down}&^

Some examples using the defined stockpile aliases in a quickfort designation:

#place Place a food stockpile
` ` ` ` #
` ` ` ` #
` f(2x1)#
` ` ` ` #
# # # # #
This illustration may be a little hard to understand. The f(2x1) is in column 2, row 3. All the other cells are empty. QF considers both ` and ~ characters within cells to be empty cells; this can help with multilayer or fortresswide blueprint layouts as 'chalk lines'.

With f(2x1), we've asked QF to place a Food stockpile 2 units wide by 1 high unit, or f(2x1). QF sends the necessary keys to resize the placement region. This also works properly in all modes, including build mode (floors Cf(10x10), bridges ga(4x4), etc. that are sized with UMKH keys).

Note that the f(2x1) syntax isn't actually necessary here; we could have just used:
#place Place a food stockpile
` ` ` ` #
` ` ` ` #
` f f ` #
` ` ` ` #
# # # # #

QF2 is smart enough to recognize this as a 2x1 food stockpile, and creates it as such rather than as two 1x1 food stockpiles. This applies to most cases where f(WxH) could also be used. The f(WxH) style can still be useful in cases where the layout would be ambiguous; consider an L-shaped food stockpile(s).

Lastly, let's turn the bed into a bedroom, and set the food stockpile to hold only booze.

#query
` ` ` ` #
` r+` ` #
` booze #
` ` ` ` #
# # # # #

In column 2, row 2 we have "r+". This sends r+ keys to DF when the cursor is over the bed, causing us to 'make room' and then increase its size to ensure the 'room' fills the entire area.

In column 2, row 3 we have "booze". booze is an alias keyword defined in the included config/aliases.txt file. This particular alias sets a food stockpile to carry booze only, by sending the commands needed to navigate DF's stockpile settings menu.

The included Blueprints/Examples/bedroom-*.csv files provide a good simple example of a 4-layer QF blueprint. Check out aliases.txt for some helpful starting aliases. Blueprints/TheQuickFortress/ provides a good detailed set of examples covering some more complex designs.

::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Voxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 13, 2014, 08:19:01 am »

I've never used the workflow plugin, so maybe I'm looking in wrong place, but I can edit ranges without problems:

However your main issue is crashes, right? Here are the instructions how to enable crash dumps that would help me to fix it.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.msg5624349#msg5624349

Yea, that's the correct location!
Workflow seems to be on and off for me, sometimes what you showed there is what I get now with TwbT, sometimes arbitrary text in specifically workflow so far stops working.
I've applied the registry files and I'll get back to you on anything I get out of that. I'll also try and get any screenshots I can.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:22:31 am by Voxus »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 13, 2014, 09:54:52 am »

Not too sure if this is the correct place to mention this, but when I use item-trigger in DFHack 0.40.13-r1 like this:
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_PIPBUCK -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "PipBuck" -target \\UNIT_ID ]
DFHack will crash upon unpausing in Fortress Mode. Is this is a known thing? If you want, here is the crash dump
I do stuff, I guess

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 13, 2014, 10:23:16 am »

Not too sure if this is the correct place to mention this, but when I use item-trigger in DFHack 0.40.13-r1 like this:
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_PIPBUCK -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "PipBuck" -target \\UNIT_ID ]
DFHack will crash upon unpausing in Fortress Mode. Is this is a known thing? If you want, here is the crash dump

I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 13, 2014, 11:06:04 am »

Does DFHack work with the newest version of DF or what?
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Rahk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 13, 2014, 11:36:34 am »

It has the version that is supported in the original post.  But right now it supports up to 0.40.15 with DFHack version 0.40.15-r1.  DF 0.40.16 just came out so it is not yet supported by DFHack.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 13, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

I was going to ask that a few minutes after the update posted, just because I like the sound of Quietust saying "No."

But I don't want to distract the memory mapping guys.

It sounds like there were few if any changes to data structures, so I'd imaging this round of mapping would be relatively quick.  The automated detection might already be done with a bunch of testing now to make sure that DFHack 0.40.16-r1 doesn't set your computer on fire.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 360