Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083557 times)

Kha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: "Spawn" insect colony
« Reply #3675 on: January 28, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »

There's a plugin for that!  (It would be great if we could also spawn colonies, but nobody knows how)
I had a look at the script from the command before I posted, but all it does is scan for existing colonies and change the race value to HONEY_BEE. Thatīs not really helpful if you embark in a warm temperate forest with river (no colonies there), but want to set up a mead production.
To spawn colonies as far as I know you would have to write a script similar to create-unit.lua from the modtools and even there they are using the "arena_spawn" function if I got that right, so not sure if that would work for vermin.
Thats why I came up with this dirty way of "creating" a vermin colony from a random temporary vermin.

I might know... I had a script for that i think...

Would be great!

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3676 on: January 28, 2016, 04:42:44 pm »

So could we in theory make fish farms with hives?

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: January 28, 2016, 09:04:59 pm »

It was figments build from page 125 of the twbt thread.
His Link
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2979w71ddp6gbns/dfhack-0.42.05-alpha0-Windows-figment-twbt.zip

it crashed during saving, I know it takes a while and windows will fade it and say it crashed even when its fine, but I waited a while and no dice.

Could have been a fluke, I expected it to crash, maybe I willed it. I didn't build it so maybe he got a branch or something. I know I wont be quicksaving till a stable release lol, but as you see, others report it as fine.

I wouldn't even keep mentioning it and elaborating, but I am in case the information is useful to you guys. Not that there is really any, but you did ask what version...

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: January 29, 2016, 03:26:51 am »

Wow it's working. Revtoggle and autodump at least. Thank you ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3679 on: January 29, 2016, 05:34:31 am »

So could we in theory make fish farms with hives?
This would be specially useful, if the creatures of the new modded colonies were given the TAGs [UBIQUITOUS],  [AMPHIBIOUS], [VERMIN_SOIL_COLONY], [VERMIN_FISH], [FISHITEM], [COOKABLE_LIVE],  [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:min:max], [COLONY_EXTERNAL:], [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE], [HIVE_PRODUCT::::::] and then, the hives placed near a well or another source of water.

Then we could have, all biomes around underground colonies of fishable creatures, some examples with industry involved:

1) Apple snails: produces meat, shell and purple dye.
2) Naked mole-rat: produces meat, tooth and leather and is a vermin eater. Those also predates over your other colonies not only natural vermin.
3) Angora rabbit: a wooly high value pet, for your thread industry, there are some evidence that romans had developed cuniculture before S. I a.C. How could our dorfs do worse than romans? :P
4) Deep Termite: Big amounts of slurry for the paper industry and some tasty dried termite flour.
5) Leafcutter Silkant: recollection of the hive produces a stack of brewable fungus and some silk.
6) Cavern Jellyfish: they are brewable and their sting is mildly toxic. ;D Those can train a little your hospital roles without being a real danger, no FUN here. Bonus points if the toxine is milkable (HARD to do) and then distillated into a stronger toxine via reaction.
7) Dairy colonies: if the milking thing of the [COLONY_EXTERNAL] creatures were at all possible we could have some nice dairy farms (FPS aware) placing the hives next to the farmers workshop.
8) Silkmoth: more silk than cheese.
9) Carmine Cochineal: An insect that produces a delicious and valuable DyeFlour that you can use either as an edible flour colorant in food preparations or as a natural dye in your thread industry.
10) Black soldier fly:  They will devour all your remains and other refuse rotting in your stockpiles, producing meat and compost (potash) in the process. (so better FPS -> less items in your refuse stockpiles -> connect or adapt to the decay mod)
It could also be a good idea to convert to this system some of the already [UBIQUITOUS] creatures, reusing some of the permanents slots into each biome, grasshoppers farms for a creative kitchen (OMS), anyone?
Best of all that is that maybe some FPS could be saved with this system (less pathfinding required then quick and more abstract simulation), some SCIENCE!!! required.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:14:05 pm by Abadrausar »
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: January 30, 2016, 03:25:12 pm »

There's a plugin for that!  (It would be great if we could also spawn colonies, but nobody knows how)
I had a look at the script from the command before I posted, but all it does is scan for existing colonies and change the race value to HONEY_BEE. Thatīs not really helpful if you embark in a warm temperate forest with river (no colonies there), but want to set up a mead production.
To spawn colonies as far as I know you would have to write a script similar to create-unit.lua from the modtools and even there they are using the "arena_spawn" function if I got that right, so not sure if that would work for vermin.
Thats why I came up with this dirty way of "creating" a vermin colony from a random temporary vermin.

I might know... I had a script for that i think...

Would be great!
Finally got around to it!
Code: [Select]
-- creates a honey_bee (or other vermin) colony at pointer
local args={...}
local vermin_name=args[1] or "HONEY_BEE"
local vermin_id
function findVermin(name)
    for k,v in pairs(df.global.world.raws.creatures.all) do
        if v.creature_id==name then
            return k
        end
    end
    qerror("No vermin found with name:"..name)
end
vermin_id=findVermin(vermin_name)
local pos=copyall(df.global.cursor)
if pos.x==-30000 then
    qerror("Cursor must be pointing somewhere")
end
local verm=df.vermin:new()
verm.race=vermin_id
verm.flags.is_colony=true
verm.caste=-1 -- check for queen bee?
verm.amount=18826
verm.visible=true
verm.pos:assign(pos)
df.global.world.vermin.colonies:insert("#",verm)
df.global.world.vermin.all:insert("#",verm)
Should create colony at cursor.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3681 on: January 31, 2016, 03:10:55 am »

It seems really nice warmist!

If you add a colonies list option, could your script substitute the colonies pluging in DFHACK?
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: January 31, 2016, 03:34:44 am »

Can dfhack be used to make trees grow somewhat normally on top of constructions?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: January 31, 2016, 07:45:38 am »

It seems really nice warmist!

If you add a colonies list option, could your script substitute the colonies pluging in DFHACK?

Almost, and there's an issue open for this and a few other conversions. I've got a port I just need to test, and then just merge this in.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: January 31, 2016, 11:07:48 am »

Its been a bit since 40.05 came out. Is there a problem with it?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: January 31, 2016, 11:28:33 am »

I think .06 is expected soon.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: January 31, 2016, 11:51:01 am »

It hadn't been tested much, although there don't seem to be many issues.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: January 31, 2016, 02:51:27 pm »

It hadn't been tested much, although there don't seem to be many issues.
Are you confident in it enough to release an alpha? Or is it already there and I'm just not looking in the right place?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: January 31, 2016, 03:16:26 pm »

I haven't run into any problems with basic day-to-day functions, like workflow, etc, but I haven't done any extensive testing.

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: January 31, 2016, 05:05:54 pm »

I'm a bit curious, it feels like this release has taken longer for DFHack than the .40 versions, and I've been wondering why. Is it because of the additions of visitors and non-dwarf immigrants, or something else? I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just interested as a non-coder looking in on the creation process.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 360