Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082895 times)

argo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #4020 on: March 29, 2016, 06:32:57 am »

Could some kind soul perhaps add a feature to prioritize the designations made from digv and friends (digvx, digl etc)? Currently, when I designate some digging with priority 1 and have a designation made from digv (which doesn't seem to have a priority), the miners randomly change between them (which is kinda annoying).

Also, thanks a lot for the work you guys put into it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: March 29, 2016, 07:03:05 am »

Could some kind soul perhaps add a feature to prioritize the designations made from digv and friends (digvx, digl etc)? Currently, when I designate some digging with priority 1 and have a designation made from digv (which doesn't seem to have a priority), the miners randomly change between them (which is kinda annoying).

Known issue, which certainly deserves some attention:  https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/481

(maybe feature requests should move off the issue tracker?  they tend to hang around forever and hide the actual bugs)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

argo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: March 29, 2016, 09:36:56 am »

Known issue, which certainly deserves some attention:  https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/481

(maybe feature requests should move off the issue tracker?  they tend to hang around forever and hide the actual bugs)
I looked at the github issue tracker, but decided it was better to post it here instead. Last update was november 2015 which is a while ago...

I'm no expert on stuff like this, but... Wouldn't it be relatively straightforward to implement the feature so one could do digv 2 to dig with a priority of 2.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:40:07 am by argo »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: March 29, 2016, 11:08:05 am »

I looked at the github issue tracker, but decided it was better to post it here instead. Last update was november 2015 which is a while ago...

I'm no expert on stuff like this, but... Wouldn't it be relatively straightforward to implement the feature so one could do digv 2 to dig with a priority of 2.
It's not as straightforward as it might seem. Digging priority is saved differently from the rest of data. You would need to manage that. It's not very hard but a bit annoying.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 29, 2016, 12:04:00 pm »

November was the last stable release. The last code update (on the develop branch) was about 12 hours ago.

Regarding the issue tracker, searching for the "bug" label is straightforward enough.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: March 29, 2016, 03:20:38 pm »

Just decided to try the newest version of DF (I last played 40.24), and I installed DF Hack, extracted into my df 42.06 folder, and now when I run DF, it says it's not a known release, then DF crashes (which it does not do without DF Hack).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 29, 2016, 04:02:05 pm »

"tweak advmode-contained" seems to be causing crashes (e.g. this) due to a structure problem. It's possible that other things could crash too because of that, but I recommend running "tweak advmode-contained disable" or commenting out any "tweak advmode-contained" lines in dfhack.init for now.

Just decided to try the newest version of DF (I last played 40.24), and I installed DF Hack, extracted into my df 42.06 folder, and now when I run DF, it says it's not a known release, then DF crashes (which it does not do without DF Hack).
What DFHack version are you using? (Regardless of that, DF shouldn't crash if DFHack disables itself, although that seems to happen on Windows for some reason.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 29, 2016, 04:17:47 pm »

What DFHack version are you using? (Regardless of that, DF shouldn't crash if DFHack disables itself, although that seems to happen on Windows for some reason.)

40.24-r5, which is what the download link sent me to

EDIT: dug around in the github page and found 42.06 alpha2, which does indeed work
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:20:49 pm by nimbus25 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 29, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »

I was going to bump the isoworld thread but it's pretty out of date, does anybody have an unofficial linux build or maybe even an arch build that works? I've compiled it with all the instructions listed in the thread there and it winds up doing everything up until it starts spitting out errors regarding... crap I can't even find the error logs from all the crap I tried to fix it.

There were several errors about the icon and other resources which were in the folders but for some reason it didn't show up in the cmake build.

I'll try the build again tomorrow when the AC kicks back on, it'll get hot right now if I try, and that'll let me post the errors. I was doing the full build with dfhack (which is a functioning dfhack version btw: DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.42.06-alpha2 (development build 0.42.06-alpha2-48-g85cfaa6)
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.) as well as trying to build it by itself and such.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:54:16 pm by Max™ »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 30, 2016, 12:07:53 am »

Isoworld is pretty broken at the moment, but some of the errors are probably relating to allegro.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: March 30, 2016, 06:31:27 am »

Rats, I cleared the allegro errors incidentally by way of ccmake helping me figure out what was going on better.

YES I AM NOOB AND USED CCMAKE INSTEAD OF PURE CLI, APOLOGY!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 30, 2016, 07:44:07 am »

What are the other compiler errors?

Also if you want it to work properly after compiling, you need to get the latest updates from my branch.

I just recently got it to recognize the new naming scheme in DF.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 30, 2016, 08:18:43 am »

Yeah, I was pulling them from your branch with git, plus the agui stuff, but it's at that weird temperature right now where it gets hot as shit upstairs but the ac won't kick on til it hits 15 or 16 outside so I can't see what the errors are yet. I'll try it later and see if that fixes it but I remember it was doing something about not being able to find the icons or something?

Ok, ac is on, everythings chilly, let it build, went through these steps:

removed my dfhack folder
git clone dfhackblah
git checkout develop
git update blah
cd plugins
rm -r isoworld
git clone japaisoworldblah
cd isoworld
rm -r agui
git clone jmasterxaguiblah
cd agui
mkdir lib
cd lib
etc
etc
etc
Did the make for agui, that worked, did the whole thing and wound up back at dfhack/build, did the whole make there, it runs, gets to 95% and then:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Splut.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:54:16 am by Max™ »

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:11 pm »

I get a message saying that DFhack cannot recognize my version of DF. DF then promptly crashes. What's up? I'm using the latest release.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 30, 2016, 05:44:50 pm »

I get a message saying that DFhack cannot recognize my version of DF. DF then promptly crashes. What's up? I'm using the latest release.
Please specify exactly which DFHack release you're using. If it's 0.40.24-r5, that's not the latest release. There are alpha releases for 0.42.06 on Github: https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/

(Someone else experienced this problem less than 10 posts before yours, by the way.)

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 360