Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083493 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #4905 on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:42 pm »

I was trying to make a artifact mod, with weapons and armor that can only be created with a mood, and that said artifacts are magical, but there were problems
  • it seems to work when the items are picked up, not actually wielded or worn

Picking an item up is wielding it; you want to use \\MODE 1 if you want it to only work on weapons and \\MODE 2 if you want it to only work on armor.

• it seems to stop working when the items are put down, but it doesn't end the syndromes. the speed boots continued to speed up people after they put it down

You're going to have to create a separate -onUnequip for that.

• the weapons that are supposed to put syndromes on hit enemies don't work

Not specific enough for me to actually answer. What are you using to add the syndromes and what do the arguments look like if it's a DFHack script?

• none of the things that would require locations work(the hellhammer can't create a hfs-pit on a hit enemy, or create a summoned demon)

Again, post the arguments for the command that you expect to do this.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: November 11, 2016, 03:36:06 pm »

[CREATURE:ARTIFACT]
           [ARENA_RESTRICTED]
              [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[NAME:::][CASTE_NAME:::]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SPEED_BOOT:STONE_TEMPLATE]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:3:0:1]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:speed boot]
      [MELTING_POINT:5]
      [BOILING_POINT:9509]
         [SYNDROME]      
         [SYN_NAME:speed_boot]
         [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:250:START:0:END:10000]
and I used the following scripts in onLoad.init
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_SPEED -onEquip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -syndrome "speed_boot" -resetPolicy ResetDuration -target \\UNIT_ID ]
modtools/item-trigger -itemType ITEM_SHOES_SPEED -onUnequip -command [ modtools/add-syndrome -erase -syndrome "speed_boot" -resetPolicy ResetDuration -target \\UNIT_ID ]

I don't know how to make hfs-pit work on a strike, I'm asking you how to do it.
You're going to have to create a separate -onUnequip for that.
I did as you can see. But while the syndrome was removed, the creature was still speeded up. then a adventurer who never got anywhere near a speedboot suddenly got very fast, which I used to good to use to retrieve the luckblade

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: November 14, 2016, 12:31:54 am »

Dunno if this is the proper place for it (did a brief search on exportlegends, saw nothing), but

Spoiler: exportlegends segfault (click to show/hide)

With dfhack-0.43.05-alpha1-Linux-64-gcc-4.8.1.tar.bz2

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: November 14, 2016, 01:06:18 am »

I ran it with a random world on my end and didn't get a crash. It could be world-specific - can you provide the save? Any other details?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: November 14, 2016, 01:14:31 am »

Aye, might be world-specific. Very young world, currently in 3rd year limestone as of save:
Download Link.
Vanilla export worked, though.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: November 14, 2016, 02:22:20 am »

Yeah, "Extra legends_plus xml" is a DFHack-specific stage. Will investigate tomorrow (ideally).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: November 14, 2016, 06:23:22 am »

Another interesting bit, possibly related to steel jackal's mentioned v-g segfault: I had that crash twice, after saving from in-game game menu, then restarting that same save AND looking at dwarf with v-g right after.

Spoiler: last few messages (click to show/hide)

The save is successful, and restarting and repeating same actions doesn't cause segfault - I'd guess there's a problem of cleanup (I usually don't use the in-game menu anyway, preferring quicksave, but alpha).

Sometimes attempting to trade through inventory does nothing, and sometimes...It crashes. Demonstration:

Empty minecart in a stockpile

q-i

selecting minecart

Shift-T:
[DFHack]# Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Happens regardless of the minecart being routed or not.
Save if needed.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:33:59 am by Fleeting Frames »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: November 16, 2016, 09:04:01 am »

unit-info-viewer. 

Last searchable mention of this within thread was two years ago, older version/release.  Currently in a community fort w/ 0.43.43-r1 and unit-info-viewer.lua is in the proper hack subdirectory (Masterwork, v. 43.43, Nov 4, 2016) but isn't recognized as a loadable command.  So, how does it work now?  Anybody?   :)     
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: November 16, 2016, 02:37:59 pm »

In the default DFHack installation, it's in:

hack/scripts/gui/unit-info-viewer.lua

This means you need to invoke it as "gui/unit-info-viewer", not "unit-info-viewer".

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: November 16, 2016, 04:57:38 pm »

OK, thanks but I read that back in the thread, is what I've been trying to ... wait, scanned up the file and yeah, I'm one of those that type much better with SpellChecker...  so, Thanks -- 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: November 17, 2016, 10:21:25 am »

I am also getting an error on exporting legends using win 64bit DFHack 0.43.05-alpha1-0-g4d74090. Am a DFhack noob and didn't expect everything to work on 64bit anyway, but figured I'd report.

Save if useful: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12573 (A rather unweildy 100mb 900ish year world)

Invoking: exportlegends info
...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:184: Cannot invoke field (global).TranslateName(): C++ exception: bad allocation.
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'dfhack.TranslateName'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:184: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:765: in global 'export_legends_info'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:822: in local 'f'
   \Desktop\df 43.05\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
   (...tail calls...)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: November 17, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »

I am also getting an error on exporting legends using win 64bit DFHack 0.43.05-alpha1-0-g4d74090. Am a DFhack noob and didn't expect everything to work on 64bit anyway, but figured I'd report.

Save if useful: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12573 (A rather unweildy 100mb 900ish year world)

Invoking: exportlegends info
...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:184: Cannot invoke field (global).TranslateName(): C++ exception: bad allocation.
stack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'dfhack.TranslateName'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:184: in global 'export_more_legends_xml'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:765: in global 'export_legends_info'
   ...\Desktop\df 43.05/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:822: in local 'f'
   \Desktop\df 43.05\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
   (...tail calls...)

Your issue looks a lot like https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1005, which should be fixed in the next release.

Aye, might be world-specific. Very young world, currently in 3rd year limestone as of save:
Download Link.
Vanilla export worked, though.
I've gotten through the stage that was crashing, so it could be the same issue. However, I'm getting crashes in what appear to be the vanilla export stages now (mostly the drainage map, but one hang on the standard biome+site map), which is weird.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: November 17, 2016, 07:16:24 pm »

Your issue looks a lot like https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1005, which should be fixed in the next release.

Ah, I should have figured there is a dedicated bug tracker to check. I always find github confusing though.  :P

That's in all likelihood it, thanks for all the hard work!

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #4918 on: November 17, 2016, 11:27:30 pm »

I've been told to ask about this here.

Here's what I plan to do, but couldn't figure out how.
I want to ressurrect 6 dead goblin invaders and kill them again. I think full-heal would help me do this, but it kept giving me the following error:
Code: [Select]
No unit is selected in the UI.
Error: please select a unit or pass its id as an argument.

I've tried "selecting" the unit by using (k) on its corpse, and even pressing (enter) to view it, but still no luck. Is there another way available to select the unit or to find their ID?

Please note, I'm not exactly savvy with using DFHack and what I'm asking for might be a bit over my league.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:29:17 pm by amade »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: November 18, 2016, 12:48:53 am »

Corpses are basically items, so selecting them won't work for something that expects a unit to be selected.

One thing I think you can do is select them in the dead/missing tab in the (u)nits screen. There could be a way to get their unit IDs from their corpses, but I don't remember if it's trivial or if you have to look up some references somewhere.

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 360