Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404349 times)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r8 (current)
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:58 am »

Right... I know I've probably asked this before, but how do I change modes? :-\
Run 'mode set' in the console when you have either a fortress or an adventurer active. Pick a mode from the list. Note that switching modes can be weird. The game doesn't really expect you to do so. Anyway, a sure way to switch from fortress mode is to pause, switch to arena mode, take control over a creature and then switch to adventure mode.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2012, 03:16:03 pm »

Right... I know I've probably asked this before, but how do I change modes? :-\
Run 'mode set' in the console when you have either a fortress or an adventurer active. Pick a mode from the list. Note that switching modes can be weird. The game doesn't really expect you to do so. Anyway, a sure way to switch from fortress mode is to pause, switch to arena mode, take control over a creature and then switch to adventure mode.
or for an alternative way to switch from Fortress mode use Dfusion first set up the main adventurer(tools menu in dfusion should have something to help on that front), pause in the Esc menu, switch to adventurer mode, save. Coming back to the save you will be in Adventure mode(you may need to walk around to shake off the darkness) with the character you selected.
Though reclaim mode is bugged and you will not be able to switch modes in this for Dfhack think's it is in a menu state and won't grant you access.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zanara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2012, 01:55:02 pm »

So, I just updated to this new version of DF hack, and stupidly deleated the old one without backing it up. I have overpopulated, starving fort right now, but a very well organized one (I blame a wave of 30(?!) migrants) Please, please tell me there is a function similar to DF Lair still included, so I don't have to spend 2 game years re-gathering all the items that will be scattered on abandoning the fort...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

So, I just updated to this new version of DF hack, and stupidly deleated the old one without backing it up. I have overpopulated, starving fort right now, but a very well organized one (I blame a wave of 30(?!) migrants) Please, please tell me there is a function similar to DF Lair still included, so I don't have to spend 2 game years re-gathering all the items that will be scattered on abandoning the fort...
it's in DFusion under the Tools section.
to navigate through Dfusion you need to type the Number of the menu you want to go to.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Zanara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2012, 07:13:16 pm »

Very much appreciated, thank you!

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2012, 10:14:26 am »

Just read on github:
Quote from: angavrilov
Implement pre-embark estimate in prospector.
Would it make it possible to prospect the minerals in an embark area before actually embarking? That would be awesome (I know that this has been in the normal version before the new vein maps)
Can't wait for the next release, will come with new df version?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:05 am »

Just read on github:
Quote from: angavrilov
Implement pre-embark estimate in prospector.
Would it make it possible to prospect the minerals in an embark area before actually embarking? That would be awesome
That's exactly what it does - the game keeps track of what minerals are present in each biome (the material, the inclusion type, and some sort of frequency that isn't fully known), so prospect uses that information to make an educated guess as to how much of each mineral is present (and it's a pretty good guess, too).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2012, 06:35:49 pm »

Just tried the tool - very cool it looks.

But now a question - switching modes - in Adv. mode I may want to temporarily switch to another character - say, a follower. What I do is set mode to "Arena, controlling creature" (3), then ctrl-a to the main screen, "assume control" (k-a) of the follower, then set mode to "adventurer" (1). Then pick up armor, weapons and what not, and return to my main character in the same way.

But after I do, and want to save the game, the menu is messed up - it's that of Arena mode. Which doesn't let me save.
Is that due to a bug, the dreaded "unknown behavior" or just my plain n00bness? Is there a workaround?

I'm using the linux version, by the way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:38:16 pm by squishynoob »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 05, 2012, 02:28:25 am »

But now a question - switching modes - in Adv. mode I may want to temporarily switch to another character - say, a follower. What I do is set mode to "Arena, controlling creature" (3), then ctrl-a to the main screen, "assume control" (k-a) of the follower, then set mode to "adventurer" (1). Then pick up armor, weapons and what not, and return to my main character in the same way.

But after I do, and want to save the game, the menu is messed up - it's that of Arena mode. Which doesn't let me save.
Is that due to a bug, the dreaded "unknown behavior" or just my plain n00bness? Is there a workaround?

or you could just use Dfusion go to the Tools menu.
old(non dfhack) Dfusion has a better risk free adventurer change which only uses the ingame pointer. In fact you should not use arena mode for anything serious(be it for switching to adventure mode or switching bodies or anything else really.) until we get saving fixed and access to arena mode creature spawning.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:33:57 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #414 on: February 05, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

or you could just use Dfusion go to the Tools menu.
old(non dfhack) Dfusion has a better risk free adventurer change which only uses the ingame pointer. In fact you should not use arena mode for anything serious(be it for switching to adventure mode or switching bodies or anything else really.) until we get saving fixed and access to arena mode creature spawning.
Unfortunately, DFusion doesn't work on linux all too well. It's not part of the linux releases either... I'd love to change that, but it's not a trivial task.

Anyway. There's a new release with a LOT of new and awesome stuff. Including automated job management tools, embark screen prospector and plenty others. Seriously, check it out :D

Next release will be probably targetted at the new DF version.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.31.25 r9
« Reply #415 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:23 pm »

Wow. These new tools are amazing.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2012, 09:07:29 pm »

◦keybinding - allows binding any command to any key combo. For example, you can bind 'revtoggle' to a key and not bother with the console for reveal.

Thank you.  I can't recall how many times I've had to kill Dwarf Fortress because I'd forgotten to toggle reveal searching for a new site with specific mineral requirements.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2012, 09:13:56 pm »

Thank you.  I can't recall how many times I've had to kill Dwarf Fortress because I'd forgotten to toggle reveal searching for a new site with specific mineral requirements.
Well, now you can use prospector in the embark screen, so you know what's there even before you embark. No more problems with reveal :)

And really, you should be thanking Quietust and angavrilov, because this release wouldn't be possible without them. The massive internal changes I mentioned? All their work. This time I just fixed bugs and integrated changes. I was too busy with my math courses ;)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 05, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »

Just updated to r9.  Tried to use the dfusion command.
Code: [Select]
Error: Cannot convert non 'number' value to number
stack traceback:
  [C]: in function 'setPermissions'
  dfusion/common.lua:82: in function 'unlockDF'
  dfusion/init.lua:47: in main chunk
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #419 on: February 05, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

Just updated to r9.  Tried to use the dfusion command.
Code: [Select]
Error: Cannot convert non 'number' value to number
stack traceback:

Try this:
https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-0.31.25-r9a-Windows.zip

Nasty errors crept in when I was ripping out some old code... There's still some problem in the offset search dfusion plugin, but it shouldn't affect function of anything else...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 373