Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404585 times)

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1515 on: May 21, 2012, 12:36:48 pm »

you have to pull autolabor from the git repo of the guy who writes the plugin.

and where would i find that?

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1516 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:50 pm »

Autolabor has been part of the standard distribution for some time now.  If it's not working for you, it's because you're using an incomplete symbols.xml that doesn't expose one of the symbols that autolabor needs.  That, or you're using a defective or incomplete build of DFhack, or you installed it incorrectly.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:04 pm »

Or she could have pulled DFhack from the git before your updates were merged, if they have been yet.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:25 pm »

Autolabor has been part of the standard distribution for some time now.  If it's not working for you, it's because you're using an incomplete symbols.xml that doesn't expose one of the symbols that autolabor needs.  That, or you're using a defective or incomplete build of DFhack, or you installed it incorrectly.

All i did was take the version from this https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2hg23s5yV1aUVE3TTNCbl9uS0U/edit# so im not sure if any were correctly installed or not (I just copy pasted over DF folder)  It's my first time using this, but all the other options seem to work fine including stonesense.

Captain Goatse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 21, 2012, 02:00:30 pm »

Just a note, that Quietust's DFHack for Windows 34.09 works fine for Windows 34.10 if you change the Windows 34.09 SDL checksum in symbols.xml to the one in the Dwarf Therapist thread.

May I have a translation from geekspeak to english, please?

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #1520 on: May 21, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

Or she could have pulled DFhack from the git before your updates were merged, if they have been yet.
Let's be clear on this: I am not the author of autolabor.  I just tweak it from time to time.  I think RossM was the original author, although the original commit for autolabor on github is attributed to "unknown", which is often the case for someone's first git commit as fairly few people get git completely configured correctly until after their first push.  Ross hasn't pushed anything in about two months, though, and most of the recent work has been me and peterix.

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 21, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

anyone know how & care to write an xml parser for dfhack's dwarfexport .xml file?

I'm looking for the attribute values, trait values, skill exp, dorf name values exportable to a csv file, or importable into scalc.

It's for a project for DT research.  See this post

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3303414#msg3303414

Look up the source code for 'Dwarven Guidance Counsellor'. It's mostly there, but a bit out of date... could do with some restructuring, possibly...

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »

Can I make a suggestion for how dwarfexport exports to xml?

current export

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

importing such a file into excel creates a bunch of duplicates because of the way the traits are coded to export to html, it would work flawlessly into excel if it was exported like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2012, 04:12:24 pm »

The current export format won't be changed, because it's what the 'dwarf guidance counselor' tool expects. Also, it's not HTML. I have no idea if people still use it for dgc, but if you want to add your own export format, DO IT ;)

Also, new release is here. Check the first post and then report any bugs you may find. I've listed some things that are known to be buggy (missing track graphics in stonesense, etc.), so don't report those ;)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 21, 2012, 04:40:54 pm »

The current export format won't be changed, because it's what the 'dwarf guidance counselor' tool expects. Also, it's not HTML. I have no idea if people still use it for dgc, but if you want to add your own export format, DO IT ;)

Also, new release is here. Check the first post and then report any bugs you may find. I've listed some things that are known to be buggy (missing track graphics in stonesense, etc.), so don't report those ;)

ok... if dgc uses it, can't someone make another option?  DGC is outdated btw (Splinterz DT does what DGC did and a lot more), but I don't want to step on another developer's toes, especially if they gave us an awesome tool, but the format of the dwarfexport's traits is all messed up, and I never said html, I said xml.  I'll try to take another look at the code and see if I can't figure it out, make it look like the attributes export, maybe submit it myself, but I had to point it out.  As is, it does not CLEANLY import into excel, and that one change would make the world of difference for excel imports.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1525 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:05 pm »

DGC is outdated btw (Splinterz DT does what DGC did and a lot more)
OK. Feel free to rip the export thing out and replace it with something better then :) More compatible formatting of the same can't hurt.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1526 on: May 21, 2012, 05:23:53 pm »

Well found something new. If you become a ghost and ride a minecart into a wall. you die. More so that you lose all your limbs from head to toe and be a ghost stump.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TerryDactyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:18 pm »

No, it doesn't. DGC is still a useful tool because it can read information about dwarves during embark, which splinterz' DT can not do; However, it's a pain in the ass. The XML format must-have changed somewhere along the line, because DGC is buggy as hell without manual reformatting to remove extraneous data. I was playing around with it last week and modded the source to make colour-code stats above and below average... a few days before I discovered splinterz' DT.  ::)

While DGC's parser is functional, it relies on hard-coded variables - which would make maintenance a chore. It would ultimately be much simpler to iterate through fields than to assign variables by name. It was pretty cheap of me to bring it up, when I'm not quite prepared to rework the codebase. But I'm glad that you're working on/thinking about this, because it puts us on the same page.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 21, 2012, 06:19:35 pm »

No, it doesn't. DGC is still a useful tool because it can read information about dwarves during embark, which splinterz' DT can not do;

Yes, it can read  the dwarves during embark. I use the roles tab to figure out who should do what when I'm peparing carefully.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1529 on: May 21, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »

It would be interesting to implement DGC as a plug-in, either to assist with embark planning, or to augment autolabor.  Have to think about that.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 373