Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1403424 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.10 r1
« Reply #1920 on: June 20, 2012, 12:27:34 am »

And that still doesn't describe what is in the "kitchen sink" build that is not in the "all" build. Not that it really matters.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 20, 2012, 12:30:20 am »

OMG I hate those a-holes!  Is there a way to mod them so they don't do that?

Possibly making all the cavern layer 1 creatures that have [MOUNT] also have whatever tag makes the ones like cave crocodiles aggressive should work.   I'm thinking it's something like [LARGE_PREDATOR], but I haven't preformed science to test it.  I generally like keeping the vanilla creatures vanilla, and adding such a tag to all the 1st cavern layer mountable creatures is more drastic than I'd like. 

That and it would be a pain to search all the raws for creatures that spawn in the first cavern layer (goblins and similar civilizations that use cave critters only ever take from cavern 1), that also have [MOUNT] that aren't already aggressive...and I'm lazy.

No, goblins use [MOUNT_EXOTIC] I think...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:32 am »

And that still doesn't describe what is in the "kitchen sink" build that is not in the "all" build. Not that it really matters.

Possibly some extra dev stuff that doesn't go into release. I'd have to double check to be sure.

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 20, 2012, 02:00:56 am »

Actually I havent really checked, is there already a kill function?  I'm not at my home computer.
Not sure, but if there isn't, I've found that setting current blood of a unit to 0 works for any creature that requires blood. It will kill any of those creatures in 1-2 frames. Outside of that (stuff like bronze colossus), I'm sure that there is a way you can flag all body parts as removed though, and that would definitely take care of any creature.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:03:49 am by Brandon816 »

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 20, 2012, 02:28:08 am »

EDIT: @Hamek it should be a matter of extracting DFHack onto the DF directory(the one with Dwarf Fortress.exe) and then replacing the symbols.xml file with the one on the git.  I have never used the lazy newb pack though.  I imagine it leaves the directory structure as it normally is so it should work, but I'm not 100%.   Hopefully somebody more familiar with the LNP can give more detailed information.
Hello :)
For a non-lazy newb pack version, (DF34.11 vanilla, windows): does the compilation from thistleknot include a valid symbols.xml?

Quote from: thistleknot on June 19, 2012, 09:31:04 am
I compiled DFhack (34.11) with the kitchen sync options for Windows

Yay!

http://www.mediafire.com/?aapoqg33p3fabqx
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

orfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 20, 2012, 03:03:16 am »

I compiled DFhack (34.11) with the kitchen sink options for Windows

Yay!

Thank you for doing this. It works for me on Windows 7 64bit. The previous symbols.xml fiddling did not work for me.

With this I was able to remove some forgotton beast extract that was killing a few dwarves a year through syndrome bleeding. Now I can get legendary dwarves again! :)

orfax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:01 am »

The symbols.xml file from that thistleknot compile can be found here: http://pastebin.com/44vKthe7

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 20, 2012, 03:16:27 am »

Okki, I'll stick to the thistleknot compile's symbols.xml :)

Another (out of pure curiosity) question:
Stonesense seems different (improved?) in the compilation (compared to the version packed with df hack 34.10). I try to get track of the version history, so, is this still stonesense version 33 or a newest, not yet posted in the stonesense thread?
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 20, 2012, 03:34:07 am »

New versions don't really get posted to the thread anymore, there's just a link to here, and no, the one in the compilation is not the same as the one packed with the 34.10 version of DFhack.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 20, 2012, 03:42:16 am »

How do i change XXhelmXX to helm? With changeitem i can chabge quality but can't change it's wear level.

Also is there a way to change quality of all items in a container under cursor? This would really save a lot of times for me:)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:46:31 am by Tierre »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 20, 2012, 04:04:13 am »

rejuvenate.lua
Interesting.  I wonder if that can be modified to act as a kill function.   Wouldn't work on goblins and elves naturally but usually the only time I've ever wanted to outright kill something with a hack tool, was when it was goblin mounts that were too scared to attack the fortress.

OMG I hate those a-holes!  Is there a way to mod them so they don't do that?
uhh you could mod it so that they join the fortress. though I don't play enough fort mode to feel the need to use a hack tool to kill folks. I just simply jump into adventure mode and  run up to them with a pickaxe if I that crazy. ususally a kill on command tool will bug you into an infinite siege that you can't escape.*

*lies you just need to switch between adventure mode and fort mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 20, 2012, 05:50:01 am »

I compiled DFhack (34.11) with the kitchen sink options for Windows

Yay!

Thank you for doing this. It works for me on Windows 7 64bit. The previous symbols.xml fiddling did not work for me.

With this I was able to remove some forgotton beast extract that was killing a few dwarves a year through syndrome bleeding. Now I can get legendary dwarves again! :)
How do you actually run it? I couldn't work it out :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:59 am »

Copy into DF folder, run DF?

San-A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 20, 2012, 06:14:29 am »

Copy into DF folder, run DF?
Thanks  :D I thought it was reading the memory, I didn't know it had to be copied in the main DF directory

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 20, 2012, 06:17:07 am »

Nope, the reading memory thing is the old way of doing things that didn't work well.

Nowadays people read the readme file that tells you what, exactly, you are supposed to do with the files you just downloaded.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 373