Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561792 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #7110 on: January 26, 2017, 07:09:23 pm »

Yeah, fair bit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: January 26, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »

Good, just wanted to get a second opinion.

e: To clarify, not trolling randomly, but targeted retribution in the form of pointing out exactly how they're being idiots when I notice them shitting on someone else.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:25:53 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:16 pm »

The meanest I get is mocking somebody's username, if it's something like 5M0K3W33D4LYPH3. I once caused a guy to delete an entire Facebook comment thread by asking why he looked like Vladimir Putin in his profile picture.

The problem is that most people on the Internet don't especially care if they're wrong, they have their sources and will trust them till death do they part. Doubly if they're an asshole and triply if they're on a website larger than, say, Bay12.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:35:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: January 26, 2017, 08:28:58 pm »

Good, just wanted to get a second opinion.

e: To clarify, not trolling randomly, but targeted retribution in the form of pointing out exactly how they're being idiots when I notice them shitting on someone else.
Eh, if you're deriving pleasure from shitting on someone yourself, kinda' regardless of the reason, that's still a tick or two toward a downwards alignment shift, so to speak. It's definitely not being a good person, heh. Other stuff possibly involved in that would be much less of a thing vis a vis that sort of junk, but what it comes down to is you're enjoying causing someone else what you perceive as harm (/agitation/whatever), without their consent and whatnot. Ain't good juju, regardless of how much knock-on utility it may potentially have. Lots (and lots) of worse things out there, of course, but still. Bit on the bad person side of the metaphorical* tally board.

... really, outside of games and whatnot, if you're finding yourself using the words "retribution" and "pleasure" together without any sort of negation clause involved somewhere in there, it's probably something you can take as a titch of a warning sign, ehehe.

anyway, time to stop letting this developing headache convince me to type things, awaaay

*Note: If it's not metaphorical, and you actually have a physical tally board that you're using to track your incidences of good person and bad person acts, please consider seeking professional help >_>

... also, now I'm wondering if someone's tried marketing behavioral tally boards at some point. You could probably get that to sell, to some degree. on the other hand, the thought of that sort of prop being given to certain sorts of, say, parents, kinda' makes me shudder a little, somewhere inside my soul. And it's not the entrepreneurial shiver of incipient profit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: January 26, 2017, 08:51:11 pm »

Haha, no, just a bad habit. I honest should have stopped going on reddit a long time ago, the sheer density of assholes makes it easy to slide from shitposting to malignant behavior. Something about the site-specific sort of jerks on a lot of subs cheeses me off way more than normal internet stupidity.

The meanest I get is mocking somebody's username, if it's something like 5M0K3W33D4LYPH3. I once caused a guy to delete an entire Facebook comment thread by asking why he looked like Vladimir Putin in his profile picture.

The problem is that most people on the Internet don't especially care if they're wrong, they have their sources and will trust them till death do they part. Doubly if they're an asshole and triply if they're on a website larger than, say, Bay12.
That's just poor life habits though, IDGAF there. It's when they're trying to brigade people for daring to have opinions and doing it with shitty, fallacious, self-aggrandizing reasoning that gets to me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:53:08 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: January 26, 2017, 09:41:16 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: January 26, 2017, 10:14:26 pm »

Spoiler: also an image (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: January 26, 2017, 11:04:03 pm »

Damn misposts
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:10:51 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:14 pm »

The trick with Reddit is to not use it for anything serious. I love the site, but 90% of my subscriptions are relatively small gaming and comedy subs. Stay away from politics subs and circlejerky and self-referential humor and the site's quality increases by about 80%.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:10 pm »

The trick with Reddit is to not use it for anything serious. I love the site, but 90% of my subscriptions are relatively small gaming and comedy subs. Stay away from politics subs and circlejerky and self-referential humor and the site's quality increases by about 80%.
I'm on smallish gaming subs, mostly. I typically get banned from the political ones for shitposting against whatever the local grain is. The frequency of running into that particular reddit-y sort of asshole hasn't really diminished at all, relative to the population size. Only difference is that it's just garden-variety stupid instead of ideological stupid. :V

3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: January 26, 2017, 11:47:29 pm »

I like r/RoastMe. There's a surprising amount of people there that don't seem to understand what they're getting into when they ask to be roasted. There's only ever a few popular posts that get all the attention while the rest are 100% ignored, but that seems to be the MO for Reddit anyway.

I had a lot of fun reading archived gross-out stories that my friend showed me, but that has less to do with Reddit and more with my own messed-up fascinations.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: January 27, 2017, 01:07:27 am »

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 07:25:01 am by George_Chickens »
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: January 27, 2017, 02:05:51 am »

Reddit is probably the only social network I can bear.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: January 27, 2017, 01:20:17 pm »

Facebook, but then again I've only added people I know. I've ignored one person 'cause they're a libertarian and post often about how libertarianism is the only political ideology with any sense, should probably do it to someone else who is quite the racist, but I guess I'm using it as confirmation bias for having distaste for one side of my family.

It's also the easiest way to keep in touch with the other side of my family.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: January 27, 2017, 02:59:46 pm »

I like Facebook's fairly comprehensive features for blocking my family. So I technically have them on my friends list but to them it looks like I never post anything.

Speaking of Facebook, my classmate who's never even left the country has decided they want to live in Mexico permanently, based on four months of Spanish class. His posts are now half in English, half in awkward misspelled Spanish.

EDIT: That was my laugh for this post, I realized it's probably only funny to me because I know him personally. He's the kind of naive person that would want to move somewhere permanently based on two pages of cultural facts in a textbook.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:05:27 pm by itisnotlogical »
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 879