Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561691 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 7037 laghs and counting
« Reply #7290 on: March 26, 2017, 01:55:39 am »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7291 on: March 26, 2017, 08:29:29 am »

I haven't seen that in so long.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7292 on: March 26, 2017, 10:09:53 am »

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today
« Reply #7293 on: March 26, 2017, 12:36:51 pm »

Oh hey. A thread about laughing with 151x50 posts. This should be good. First comment?

Inb4 megathreads aren't build in a day

And I laughed.

And then this work conversation.

My Wife: Is your wife throwing up cuz she's pregnant?
Guy with cheating wife: Don't put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:42:04 pm by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7294 on: March 26, 2017, 12:41:45 pm »

Save society, join the pro-van party today.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7295 on: March 26, 2017, 12:43:53 pm »

Who can save society? The van man can.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7296 on: March 26, 2017, 05:50:26 pm »

Spoiling myself on all the mechanics of old X-Com again, because I don't have time to figure all that shit out on my own again.

In the vanilla game, apparently a bug can cause a thrown proximity mine to transfer its properties to any random object, anywhere on the map. I imagine all kinds of slapstick scenarios where a rookie throws a proximity mine into a UFO, and then himself explodes with no explanation.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7297 on: March 26, 2017, 08:11:46 pm »

Wasn't there also a bug in vanilla that would cause blaster bombs, or something similar, to magically turn everything it exploded into tree stumps?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7298 on: March 26, 2017, 09:02:52 pm »

Had my MPLas Shadowcat out for a Conquest match on Polar Highlands on MWO. We swept the other team pretty hard, down to one left sitting on a cap point at the far side of the map. I got there first and found... a quad UAC/5 King Crab. Some guy decided that the best use of his dakka 100 tonner would be avoiding our team for the entire match. It's had me giggling for five minutes now.

Happens all the time, too. For some strange reason the worst players gravitate towards the biggest, stompiest 'mechs and do absolutely fuck-all with them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7299 on: March 26, 2017, 10:56:47 pm »

Spoiling myself on all the mechanics of old X-Com again, because I don't have time to figure all that shit out on my own again.

In the vanilla game, apparently a bug can cause a thrown proximity mine to transfer its properties to any random object, anywhere on the map. I imagine all kinds of slapstick scenarios where a rookie throws a proximity mine into a UFO, and then himself explodes with no explanation.

To quote from the UFOpaedia:

Proximity mines are strangely implemented in UFO and TFTD. While they behave as you would expect them to half of the time, the mines do not behave like conventional weapons.

First, experience attribution is awarded to the person that sets off the mine.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7300 on: March 26, 2017, 11:23:41 pm »

I suppose, technically, that if the mine didnt kill you, you'd learn to watch where the fuck you step.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: March 26, 2017, 11:28:25 pm »

I suppose, technically, that if the mine didnt kill you, you'd learn to watch where the fuck you step.
if the mine didnt kill you
if
This is XCOM.

If "if" involves a good thing, you may as well cross off that possibilty entirely, and if "if" involves a bad thing, you'll encounter it just often enough to mess up your mission outcomes, but just rarely enough to trick you into thinking "Maybe things won't go badly this time".

This rule can be applied to the XCOM reboot, Fire Emblem, Darkest Dungeon - just about any game that involves a percent chance to hit.

Also, experience levels (probably) don't determine a unit's ability to detect or avoid landmines.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: March 26, 2017, 11:31:30 pm »

You might gain hitpoints to tank the next mine, though.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: March 26, 2017, 11:53:07 pm »

Haha, yeah!
I have a weakness for buglists - maybe a lingering side effect of being a programmer.  The original XCOM buglist is a wonderful thing.  It's long, but also rich in bizarre issues.
http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Known_Bugs
Very rarely when you end your first turn and all your units are inside the Skyranger in the next turn they all only have 4 time units remaining.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: March 27, 2017, 12:32:36 am »

The difficulty bug is kinda sad to me.  I bet a lot of kids tried to use the difficulty option to make the game more replayable, but outside the first mission it didn't do anything.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 879