Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1561670 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 8076 guffaws and counting
« Reply #8220 on: December 14, 2017, 10:10:32 am »

The whole affair is just awful. One more franchise turned into a soulless profit-pumping machine.

I'm having serious trouble parsing this remark because I feel like you probably don't mean Star Wars, as that'd imply you'd somehow completely missed the past 30 years or so of Star Wars media.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas was a moneygrubbing asshole with marginal creative talent, but he didn't have shit on the capacity of Disney for cynically extracting every possible cent from every sucker willing to pay for mold-stamped nostalgia bait.

Like god damn, Mel Brooks' MOICHANDISING scene in Spaceballs was supposed to be a piss-take about the commercialization of Star Wars, not a how-to guide.
"guys, disney has star wars, they can do no wrong with this"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
can do no wrong
THEY CAN DO NO WRONG
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: December 14, 2017, 01:46:12 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0uLbqEbEd0

Nothing better then a thanksgiving special written mostly by predictive keyboards.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: December 14, 2017, 07:46:34 pm »

Since when did this become a Star Wars discussion thread?

*accidentially perpetuates the Star Wars discussion*

What's funny is this newspaper cover (first one) of a German newspaper comparing Trump and Moore to Lord Palpatine and Darth Vader respectively.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: December 14, 2017, 09:03:44 pm »

The whole affair is just awful. One more franchise turned into a soulless profit-pumping machine.

I'm having serious trouble parsing this remark because I feel like you probably don't mean Star Wars, as that'd imply you'd somehow completely missed the past 30 years or so of Star Wars media.

Don't get me wrong, Lucas was a moneygrubbing asshole with marginal creative talent, but he didn't have shit on the capacity of Disney for cynically extracting every possible cent from every sucker willing to pay for mold-stamped nostalgia bait.

Like god damn, Mel Brooks' MOICHANDISING scene in Spaceballs was supposed to be a piss-take about the commercialization of Star Wars, not a how-to guide.
"guys, disney has star wars, they can do no wrong with this"
can do no wrong
THEY CAN DO NO WRONG

The CGI of Peter Cushing was actually pretty damn good, and there's not really a lot of good options for dealing with an iconic actor-character pairing when the actor has died but the character is central to the plot of a film.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: December 14, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »

Yeah, I don't get that image.  Are his eyes too big?  Looked fine in the movie.

Heh I was hoping someone would bring Star Wars back up, this has always been my reaction to "balance to the force" http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0146.html
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: December 14, 2017, 10:01:27 pm »

Yeah, I don't get that image.  Are his eyes too big?  Looked fine in the movie.

Heh I was hoping someone would bring Star Wars back up, this has always been my reaction to "balance to the force" http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0146.html
The CGI of Peter Cushing was actually pretty damn good, and there's not really a lot of good options for dealing with an iconic actor-character pairing when the actor has died but the character is central to the plot of a film.
here is more pictures
honestly the cgi was the best way to go, but it's so jarring to see him with real actors. it's like super man's lip in the justice league, it doesn't look good and is very distracting.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: December 14, 2017, 10:06:20 pm »

He does look just about right, but slightly exaggerated. He actually looks more off to me by himself than with the comparison.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: December 14, 2017, 10:12:50 pm »

Yeah, thanks for the reference images, but I guess I'm lucky (:
I have a very strong suspension of disbelief, from what I can tell.  It is, heh, a less-vindictive monkey's paw.
"Oh monkey's paw, I wish to appreciate fiction with extreme verisimilitude!"
"Granted.  But, people will assume you're high at all times!"
"But I don't even-"
"Exactly!"
And it turned out pretty great.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: December 14, 2017, 10:24:31 pm »

I think that the 3D effects might have contributed to people's dissatisfaction with the CGI. I don't remember it looking quite as good when I saw the movie and since I saw it in 3D that's my guess as to why. He definitely stood out more to me, and not in a good way either, but it wasn't jarring or terrible. Just off slightly, and that varied from scene to scene.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: December 15, 2017, 06:22:05 am »

Mistake with Tarkin was that they showed him for longer periods of time. Leia is also present at the end of RO and it's also CGI but way less noticeable since you get only a couple of seconds of her, don't have the time to figure out something is wrong.

Same can't be said of Tarkin tho who just screams at you for extended periods of time "I AM FAKE"
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: December 15, 2017, 09:48:24 am »

He wasn't really central though. Could've had a minion do that for him, and have a CG of him toward the end or something.

It was good CG though. I had to really look before concluding that it wasn't a real person.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: December 15, 2017, 09:52:07 am »

He wasn't really central though. Could've had a minion do that for him, and have a CG of him toward the end or something.

It was good CG though. I had to really look before concluding that it wasn't a real person.
a little bit, but once you see it it's incredibly distracting. like superman's upper lip in justice league

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: December 15, 2017, 11:07:37 am »

So in a followup to the where a Russian man speared a drone, they're not only planning on bringing drones next year to be 'dragons' but someone also made a runestone to commemorate the event.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 11:09:20 am by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 879