Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1199059 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 Morality roulette
« Reply #5520 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:06 pm »

((Does it look like the Eternity is in danger of being damaged or destroyed by the explosion? I.E. how close is it to the lake?))
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 12, 2016, 01:50:36 pm »

try to find an empty room for myself.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 12, 2016, 02:44:45 pm »

Form 2 more essences, get to a place where I could toss something over the gate.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 12, 2016, 02:55:44 pm »

((Does it look like the Eternity is in danger of being damaged or destroyed by the explosion? I.E. how close is it to the lake?))

((It is quite close, and while I would roll to see how much it got affected, it would get affected to at least some degree. This is why it is a morality roulette. Save the wizards or save the Eternity. Or, you know, save yourself. Weighting yourself down might slow you enough to be caught by the explosion yourself.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: July 12, 2016, 04:20:30 pm »

Make...Do I have 2 +1s still on the creating essences thing?  If I do, make 4.  If I don't, make 3.

Ponder the possibility of doing the scrying again and think about what went wrong.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: July 12, 2016, 04:55:49 pm »

Chorkinaan, seeing the direness of the situation, enters a flurry of gently commanding everyone around him not to die. For him, it is a force of habit when things get dire; save all he can, wealth and victims alike, and get people to help make that possible.
Everyone! we need to act fast! Those two need an antidote right now, and I can't help them with that! Everyone with a free arm, grab someone and get them out of here! I've got the eternity; I've got a magic trick that'll make it portable! We'll regroup to the west!
Chorkinaan sprints up to the eternity, and sends his magic through it, feeling its density and determining its weight. Then, using the eternity as a power draw, he casts a spell to create a shell of physicality around it, with a handle, which is toughened(enough to hold its load), weighs a bit less than the whole boulder of eternity, and gravitates upwards. If this succeeds, Chorkinaan grabs the handle and runs west to the mountains. If this fails and the eternity is not portable, Chorkinaan cuts his losses and runs. If the weight is miscalculated and the eternity flies upward, Chorkinaan immediately dispels his creation, and runs.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:58:42 pm by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 170 BEHOLD MISTA J.
« Reply #5526 on: July 12, 2016, 05:49:17 pm »

Act Two. Scene Five. In which MISTA J. INTERROGATES AND ATTACKS.

((Note: If I interpreted your PM regarding Mista J.'s silencing correctly, he should be able to speak on turn 171(and cast magic), so...)) "AHA! MY FOE HAST BEEN DISCOVERED! ART!"

Mista J. dashed off, seeking Jace... once(if) he reaches Jace:

"YOU! YOU WHO WOULD DARE TO SILENCE AN ARTIST! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!"

If he doesn't have a good excuse, he gets strangled. And kicked in the groin, for good measure.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 12, 2016, 06:12:04 pm »

((so I just realized that I have portal knives. We can use the explosion to clear a safe zone to the other side of any portal we make.))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: July 12, 2016, 07:26:45 pm »

Attempt to sneak into the tower.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: July 12, 2016, 08:00:05 pm »

*grabs popcorn and submits new character*

Name: Bloodmage Jackson
Affinity: Music
Description(optional): Looks like a stereotypical bard. (Ab)uses the Blood Magic system to get +3/+3 on every magic roll with only a 1/6 chance of backlash effects. If my personal preference weighs in for anything, I'd prefer it if when backlash effects do happen, they would tend to be overshoot-ish things that have to do with the spell/song he is casting/singing, rather than just generic things like "You lose your voice and/or muse.".
STR=0
DEX= 1
SPD= 0
END= 6
POT= 1

First Action: Create three Music essence, using Greater Blood Magic to create each of them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 10:08:10 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 13, 2016, 04:22:00 am »

Welp gg?
Skip turn.

Spoiler: If i do die, this. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 13, 2016, 06:21:55 am »

Shias hungs his head displaying his disappointment as sacrifices before him crumbled into dust. Not enough power. Nowhere enough. Either he has to find another mage to provide assistance and completely restart the ritual, or he has to change his approach completely. Local druids are too busy, they can't help. And he promised to help them later on. Hmm, maybe after their current problem is dealth with they could combine their forces and save this island together? Maybe.

But for now more preparations are needed. Shias makes 4 essences.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

thegamemaster1234

• Bay Watcher
  • [LINUX_USER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 13, 2016, 11:26:02 am »

Close the air vents once more. Attempt to carry Eterna, Nihilum, or both out of the poison cloud before the lake explodes. If trying to take both proves too difficult, drop Eterna. If it looks like I won't be able to carry them to safety before the lake explodes, drop them and run.

The "safe zone" where I'm escaping to is the south-west, again.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 13, 2016, 11:37:49 am »

"No one give up we'll all make it through this!"
Give Nihilum and Eterna pills to keep them alive, then help them away from the lake. Keep my shield up to protect us just in case.

If I have the chance cast a healing spell at whoever needs it most.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:15:56 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 13, 2016, 01:59:15 pm »

Name: Easter Sunday
Affinity: Wasps
Description(optional):
STR= 0
DEX=0
SPD=0