Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52190 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2009, 10:06:02 pm »

"Did any one else notice how fast four people voted for Cheeetar? I think it was coordinated to some extent. Alexhans, webadict, Pandarsenic, and Solifuge all voted for Cheeetar. webadict had an obvious motive; he was preventing his own lynching. That isn't terribly suspicious. Alexhans, on the other hand, was the one who started the bandwagon. Look at all of the post times; they're very close together. Because he started the bandwagon, I vote for Alexhans. I also FoS Solifuge and Pandarsenic. Mostly Solifuge. I wouldn't suspect Panda if he hadn't been on the bandwagon."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2009, 10:46:36 pm »

This isnt good.
Although, he did get a doppleganger.
That night was good, not bad. Think about it this way: There were 3 dopps starting, and now there are only two. We lose the War Vet and no longer have to worry about hitting him with Town roles. It was actually the best possible outcome (Okay, well, a no kill would've been better).

I think this was a good outcome, and if you're complaining, you're gonna have to explain:

Gloating (any form of "complaining" about how bad the previous night was, how the doctor/cop was killed, etc.) Similar to "congratulating the doctor"

That's a tell for Mafia. Wanna defend yourself?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »

Alexhans similarly said how lucky it was that the vet killed someone evil. Org's is more suspicious, but still.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2009, 11:43:20 pm »

I have been investigated by the Agent. He is requesting that the doctor pm me, so that he can get the doctor to protect him without revealing his identity in the thread.

Now, this looks very suspicious, and I'd probably doubt it too, but I'll explain why I am trustworthy.

1. If the Agent didn't say this, he would say so and I would obviously be lynched, because I would be a liar, and we Lynch All Liars.
2. I was the most likely person to be investigated, though I wish others were.
3. Why would I put myself on the line again for something that is scummy, when I just nearly died yesterday?

If you do not think I'm trustworthy, I implore you to not reveal your identity. However, I think the lack of Agent response to this message will prove my innocence.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:38 am »

Great! Just Great!  What I did... was mainly to save webadict (of whom I had a town read) and offered Cheeetar as an alternative because he was voting without reasons just to get a lynch...  at first I wanted a no lynch but afterwards I thought cheeetar was probably scum... so why not take the shot? I was as surprised as you when he was finally lynched.

Of course... webadict voted for Cheeetar afterwards... It was his way of surviving... then solifuge... wich I also think that is giving us town tells.. withdrew his vote for webadict and voted for Cheeetar.   Finally Pandar did...

So why me? suddenly the culprit of a bandwaggon is the first that votes for it? How's that? And what about the fact that I'd rather lynch a scummy person than a townie one? Is that scummy?

funnyly I got town reads in the 2 people you FoS and in webadict.  So I think that or you're totally wrong or you're scum yourself.

I have a habit of thinking that a night is not good if a PR was killed.  but maybe you're right.  We're better of without the vet and we DID get a dopp.

I have been investigated by the Agent. He is requesting that the doctor pm me, so that he can get the doctor to protect him without revealing his identity in the thread.

Now, this looks very suspicious, and I'd probably doubt it too, but I'll explain why I am trustworthy.

1. If the Agent didn't say this, he would say so and I would obviously be lynched, because I would be a liar, and we Lynch All Liars.
3. Why would I put myself on the line again for something that is scummy, when I just nearly died yesterday?

If you do not think I'm trustworthy, I implore you to not reveal your identity. However, I think the lack of Agent response to this message will prove my innocence.
Woah... I never trust such forward plays... I think the doctor, if he decides to do this, should wait a bit.  Now I'm starting to doubt you web... how do we know you're not this?:
Doppelganger leader - More powerful and adept then the others, the leader is immune to detection short of death
It would be one hell of a play...
1) why would he? It could be a play to make him claim... Although the doc would protect him... but you're pm-ing for the doctor to write you? so you could kill him and then have a free road...
3)because with the lingering suspicion you're willing to sacrifice?

How do you know it IS really the agent who contacted you and not a dopp?  All you rely upon is a claim from the real one?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:51 am »

Regarding posts I hadn't been here for:
Bad night / good night: Dude, this was an amazing night. We traded a townie who might damage our power roles for a Doppelganger. We still have 3, though, not 2, right? 5 pods, -1 start of game, -1 Katsuun the Silent.

inaluct's suspicion: Dude, I posted very extensive reasoning, and I also maintain my belief that webadict is a pro-Town player. Cheeetar, you must admit, acted outrageously suspicious. I was very surprised to see he was an alien - and almost panicked when I saw that part about the government (before realizing we had NOT, in fact, killed an agent).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2009, 02:40:21 am »

Cheeetar, you must admit, acted outrageously suspicious. I was very surprised to see he was an alien - and almost panicked when I saw that part about the government (before realizing we had NOT, in fact, killed an agent).
I voted for Webadict because he pointed fingers at everyone. Why does everyone view it as suspicious?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2009, 02:48:01 am »

All in all, things are going rather well.  The alien we killed was likely to do us more harm than good.  As for the vet dying, that's the best use of him.  Much better to lose a townie and a dopp than just a townie.  And, as mentioned, the doctor and the agent are less likely to accidentally get shot now (If I understand the rules, there's a chance there might be more than one vet).
Speaking of the agent and the doc, I urge the doc to remain silent.  There's currently four possibilities:
1) Everything is legit.  Webaddict is a townie and he was contacted by the agent.
2) Webaddict is legit, but the "agent" is actually a doppleganger trying to find the doctor.
3) The agent is legit, but Webaddict is actually the doppleganger leader.
4) Webaddict is a doppleganger, and was never contacted, or even investigated by the agent.
In 3 out of 4 of these, the doctor would reveal himself to the dopplegangers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2009, 03:10:35 am »

Cheeetar, you must admit, acted outrageously suspicious. I was very surprised to see he was an alien - and almost panicked when I saw that part about the government (before realizing we had NOT, in fact, killed an agent).
I voted for Webadict because he pointed fingers at everyone. Why does everyone view it as suspicious?
Blatant OMGUS vote?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2009, 04:44:17 am »

[spoiler:][sarcasm]"Hey! Lets kill everybody! Then we'll know that the dopps are dead!"[/sarcasm][/spoiler]
"I have nothing serious to contribute. Sorry."
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2009, 04:48:56 am »

Blatant OMGUS vote?
You'll note I only voted for him, not when he said I was suspicious. Rather, I voted for him when he started accusing everyone who moved of being a doppelganger.
Edit: He never voted for me. Infact, I don't think he's even mentioned me. How is that an OMGUS? He mentioned me once, when he disagreed on me saying that Doppelgangers start bandwagons.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:53:07 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2009, 07:22:09 am »

Cheeetar: Dead people don't talk. Save it for the after-game discussion.

Now, as it stands, we have made excellent progress. We have killed two 'bad guys' and one '75% good guy': One dopp (always nice), one alien who goes around killing people till he finds the cop, who he also 'kills', and the vet is a danger to the town.

Information we've gained:
Er, ok, not so good. Why zai? He was relatively inactive last round... he voted for panda, I think. Or was it a FoS? Could just be a random target.
Seeing as no third death happened, we can guess there is no other aggressive alien. There may be a dopp-searcher or survivor, but they are not much of a problem- yet.
We may have a confirmed town base going on- or a fake confirmed town base. The dopp leaders special ability makes things harder indeed.
Beacon- Add to that list the possibility that both are dopps- but consider, the real cop has not complained yet. If there is one. If there isn't, we're screwed anyway. Personally I thought webadict was suspicious last round, and I would repeat my vote this round, but this claimed cop contact throws things. I don't know. I think beacon is right though, the doctor probably shouldn't contact webadict.

[spoiler:][sarcasm]"Hey! Lets kill everybody! Then we'll know that the dopps are dead!"[/sarcasm][/spoiler]
"I have nothing serious to contribute. Sorry."
Actually, if we can get one townie protected by the doctor, just killing the rest at random works... kindof. As a last resort. Actually, scrap that. It'll never work.

Continue discussion.
Long Live United Forenia!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2009, 08:54:00 am »

Great! Just Great!  What I did... was mainly to save webadict (of whom I had a town read) and offered Cheeetar as an alternative because he was voting without reasons just to get a lynch...  at first I wanted a no lynch but afterwards I thought cheeetar was probably scum... so why not take the shot? I was as surprised as you when he was finally lynched.

Of course... webadict voted for Cheeetar afterwards... It was his way of surviving... then solifuge... wich I also think that is giving us town tells.. withdrew his vote for webadict and voted for Cheeetar.   Finally Pandar did...

So why me? suddenly the culprit of a bandwaggon is the first that votes for it? How's that? And what about the fact that I'd rather lynch a scummy person than a townie one? Is that scummy?

funnyly I got town reads in the 2 people you FoS and in webadict.  So I think that or you're totally wrong or you're scum yourself.

I have a habit of thinking that a night is not good if a PR was killed.  but maybe you're right.  We're better of without the vet and we DID get a dopp.
It was one of the better trade offs. Otherwise, we might've lost the Doctor or the Agent. (Also, considering last game where I was a Dopp, we never had to worry about the war vet, and it made the game that much easier.)

Woah... I never trust such forward plays... I think the doctor, if he decides to do this, should wait a bit.  Now I'm starting to doubt you web... how do we know you're not this?:
Doppelganger leader - More powerful and adept then the others, the leader is immune to detection short of death
It would be one hell of a play...
Whoops, I forgot that part. Hmm... now I do seem suspicious. I suppose it's best if the doctor does not pm me.

1) why would he? It could be a play to make him claim... Although the doc would protect him... but you're pm-ing for the doctor to write you? so you could kill him and then have a free road...
True, but if that happened, That would've been a terrible play for me if I were a Dopp.

3)because with the lingering suspicion you're willing to sacrifice?
NEVER!

How do you know it IS really the agent who contacted you and not a dopp?  All you rely upon is a claim from the real one?
Actually, you're kinda right... Something is odd about him... I'm gonna need to find something out first.

Also, if he were the Agent, I dunno why he doesn't post that he is... Wouldn't it be easier for the doc? But, then again, the Dopps wouldn't go for the Agent then...

Stupid WIFOM, especially if Dopps pose as Agents.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2009, 09:34:27 am »

Woah, I just woke up, did everything just get ten times as confusing?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2009, 10:09:10 am »

Woah, I just woke up, did everything just get ten times as confusing?
It always does.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41