Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52597 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2009, 05:53:28 pm »

I loved solifuge's post!  That gives us content in an orderly fashion... But beware... Don't take what you read for granted.  Check it for yourselves because there's a lot of opinion there.

Webadicts right he's gonna get lynched if no one else votes.

Vote Cheertar

I really feel he has been the most opportunistic at the time, matching with his other games were he was scum.  If he get's 3 more votes he'll tie with webadict... Shift  your votes people.  And those who havent voted vote him... or either no lynch... thatll take 2 more votes because it has to beat a person lynch by at least 1 vote.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2009, 06:10:31 pm »

Might as well... I might not be able to win though...

Cheeetar.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2009, 06:17:46 pm »

Vote Cheetar (forgot the red...)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2009, 06:21:46 pm »

It's still not red, but I'll count it anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2009, 06:29:11 pm »

You make a compelling argument. Your emotional conviction to your innocence is strong, which does lend some credence to your innocence. And you are one of the most observant ones here, if highly accusatory.

Even if you aren't with us, you do provide everyone with valuable insight and logic. I may have been a bit hasty in convicting you, when there are far more legitimate reasons to suspect another.

I hereby withdraw my vote against Webadict, and agree that Cheetar, whose argumentless convictions seem like those of someone who knows the accused to not be a doppleganger.

--
Also, I do not claim to be unbiased. I tried to be as neutral as possible though.

EDIT: Updated list.
Voters:
Beacon80:        Webadict (for being manipulative and accusatory)
NUKE9.13:        Webadict (for unsupported accusations)
Cheertar:        Webadict (bandwagoning)

Masami Phoenix:  Beacon80 (for quietness and non-confrontationality)

Alexhans:        Cheetar (for being opportunistic, and usual play-style)
Webadict:        Cheetar (for bandwagoning)
Solifuge:        Cheetar (after being swayed by a logical argument)
Pandarsenic:     Cheetar (reasoning forthcoming)

Zaithemaster:    Pandarsenic (for putting words in Webadicts mouth)
Inaluct:         Pandarsenic (bandwagoning / for pointing the FoS at him)

ChaoticJosh:     Abstain
Org:             Abstain

Non-Voters:
Archangel
Karlito
Katsuun
Kashyyk
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:51:16 pm by Solifuge »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2009, 06:35:48 pm »

Wow, even though I'm abstaining, and thus don't endorse the lynching, I must say that was an unexpected turnover.

Let's see what happens.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2009, 06:45:16 pm »

My greatest suspicions are for the OMGUS-voter Cheeetar. Before I go in depth, I'm posting this to ensure my vote is out there.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2009, 07:06:01 pm »

Karlito - No activity.

Hey, I've had activity!  It just hasn't contained any content.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2009, 07:13:59 pm »

Damn it, I just lost my huge writeup on everyone. Part 1 of the rewrite:

webadict: May be a very brave Doppelganger, seeking to deflect suspicion by the very fact of his hyperactivity - possibly a Dopp Leader, since he's asking to be investigated. He may also be a Vet, trying to lure a Doppelganger into attacking him, hoping a doctor doesn't target him. If he's an alien, I doubt he's an Exterminator or a Survivor - he's drawing too much attention to himself for that. Possible Alien roles, then, would be a Doppelganger Catcher, trying to see how people react to him, or the Agent Seeker, trying to get the Agent to contact him. I'm ranking what I suspect he is now:
1) Ordinary Townie
2) Crazy Vet
3) Doppelganger Leader
4) Alien Agentseeker
5) Normal Doppelganger or Alien Doppseeker
NO SUSPICION: Agent, Doctor, Alien Exterminator, Alien Survivor

Cheetar: That's a hugely suspicious OMGUS vote. You earned my vote, and you're either a bad townie or an obvious Dopp. I'm just praying you aren't a Doctor trying to act insane to deflect suspicion.

Beacon80: Wow, what an OMGUS vote and what a clear attempt to deflect suspicion. Also, you were 3rd voter on webadict, which is often when a Doppelganger tries to transform a suspicion into a bandwagon. I'm fairly suspicious of you... if webadict dies, I'll likely vote for you, to be honest.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2009, 07:22:24 pm »

With night falling, you drag the protesting Cheeetar out into the street. The RPG is left inside for being "too likely to hurt the rest of us". Instead, a simple rifle is used.

*CRACK*

The shot rings out, with the bullet hitting Cheeetar square in the chest. As he slumps to the ground, he shimmers briefly, and his true form is revealed. He is still more or less humanoid, but his features are much sharper then a humans, and his ears much longer and pointed. His skin is a pale blue, with his underarms and throat almost white. He is dressed in some strange uniform, and a breathing apparatus covers his face. The bullet seems to have gone through some circuitry on the front of his suit, which sparks and smokes.

He speaks, slowly.

"I regret I was so hasty. I...I am on your side.....sent...help...you. Contact...your...government. Tell them..."

He goes into a coughing fit.

"Cannot...breath...this...air."

He coughs some more, before collapsing onto the ground. He is dead a few moments later.

Aaaand, that's why I don't end the day early. Especially this early on. :P

Interesting first round. Let's see how the rest of the game goes.

I'll be locking this thread for the Night phase. You all go home after this, so no more speaking in a public place. You're welcome to PM one another, just keep me copied to them. It'll be unlocked once Day 2 starts.

Night roles, PM me your actions.

Night will last until I have all Night Role actions, or 24 hours have passed. Whichever comes first.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Night 1 - Send in your actions
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2009, 07:38:27 pm »

Posting this for Pandarsenic, since my lock cut off his multi-part post:

Quote from: Pandarsenic's Pre-Night Reasoning, Part Two!

NUKE9.13: Inactive start, active towards the end. Sound logic, but he voted for someone whose Doppelgangerhood I doubt. However, as the first voter for webadict, I can see his point. I'm not sure which I'd say he is.

Masami Phonix:  His logic in voting for Beacon is sound, and he's been fairly inconspicuous. I cant form much of an opinion on him yet - he doesn't seem to have done anything exceptionally suspicious. I'd say he's fairly low on my suspicion list but could be either.

Alexhans: He ragged on us for RPing. This saddened me, but he had a point - in crunch time, we've all abandoned RPing to make focused, concise arguments. He could be either, but I'm leaning against him being a Doppler. Possible Townie power role, but I wouldn't say it's more or less likely than a normal townie at this point. My suspicion mainly arises from him actively calling for us to bandwagon against Cheeetar, but if he had a fair level of conviction in Cheeetar's guilt, I can see why he'd do that.

Solifuge: He doesn't seem suspicious to me, but then again, I'm using his list and some of his activity assessments to compile my arguments. Could be either.

Zaithemaster: Voted for me. This, of course, makes me a tad suspicious of him, but I can see where he was coming from. Could be either.

Inaluct: OMGUS-vote for me? That's no good. D: I'll wait to hear more of him before passing judgment, though.

These people, I have nothing much to go on - Townie Lurkers, Dopps, Power Roles in Hiding, Alien Survivors or Doppseekers? Who knows? I'm suspicious of them largely through their absence or abstentions, which make a lynch likelier without committing themselves to a particular lynch.
ChaoticJosh
Org
Archangel
Karlito
Katsuun
Archangel
Karlito
Katsuun
Kashyyk
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 26, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »

The town awakens the next day. After a sleepless night you reconvene in the town hall. Katsuun and Zaithemaster are missing. Everyone agrees to go search their houses to see what happened. Katsuun's house is empty, with no sign of forced entry or violence. Zai's however, quickly shows what happened. The door is busted down, and there is a large hole in the floor. Blood splatters the area. Of Zai there is no sign other then a rifle on the ground. In the hole, however, is the body of a Doppelganger. Its body is riddled with bulletholes. You surmise that the shot to its head was the final blow. It can only be Katsuun in his true form.

You return to the town hall, emotions mixed. On one hand, Zaithemaster, Veteran, is almost certainly dead at the hands of the doppelgangers. However, he took out one of them, meaning there is one less to hunt the rest of you.

Day two begins!
Come play Mafia with us!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:57 pm »

well... We don't have much... Katsuun said anything worthy of looking at?

Luckyly the war vet killed someone evil and not an agent or a doc.  This may mean there aren't more vets or that they werent targeted...or that they switched off their abilities (but i doubt the last one since everyone here is so reckless.

MOD: Update post 1's title so everyone knows it's day.

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #193 on: March 26, 2009, 08:12:20 pm »

"Katsuun's been quiet of late.  Maybe that shoulda told us something.  Can't say he's given us much leads in who else might be one o' them man-eaters, though."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #194 on: March 26, 2009, 08:13:59 pm »

This isnt good.
Although, he did get a doppleganger.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41