Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: [OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]  (Read 13529 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] The Birth of Equestria (Everything's green)[6/6]
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 12:41:40 am »

Now, now. Don't be silly you two.

I'd call his description a slight overreach, at best. I'm okay with such things as long as they aren't unreasonable. The fact that it was destroyed utterly doesn't really hinder any NPCs nor any other player, so I don't have a problem with it. If, say, he smashed the table over someones head and declared that it knocked them out, or grabbed someones weapon and snapped it in half, that would be God-modding.

The bottom line is that it was clear that this was a demonstration of strength. Since he's a minotaur, I think his description is acceptable.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:04 pm »

I know that Tannhorser envisioned a day when ponies would be able to visit faraway
countries by walking through permanent gates, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon."

Cookie for anyone who gets the joke.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2013, 02:58:35 am »

I know that Tannhorser envisioned a day when ponies would be able to visit faraway
countries by walking through permanent gates, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon."

Hm, is it a Stargate reference? Or am I thinking too hard about this?
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2013, 03:59:37 am »

Seems like it to me as well.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2013, 05:35:18 pm »

OH GAWD

He's guilt-tripping them. Kudos to you, Patrick. :p

Note: Not sarcasm.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2013, 05:47:05 pm »

I'm a hulk level strength minotaur who still thinks he's 12.

Better believe I'm guilt tripping them :D. Plus if they say no I'm pretty sure I really could rip there heads off with my bare hands ;).
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2013, 05:51:08 pm »

Eh...that's debatable. I'm sure you're physically capable of it, but...there's a reason they're the Ring. :p
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2013, 05:52:39 pm »

Yeah I kinda figured.

On the other hand causing a hulk like minotaur to have a temper tantrum is very bad for the health of everybody in the room, so hopefully they'll just agree with him and make him not want to eat them.
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:31 pm »

Well it depends on how they view you and whether they think you would have a temper tantrum. They may just get annoyed that someone tried to guilt trip them and kick you out. They may ignore it and weigh you on other merits. They may go 'Awww the poor thing!' and let you in. They may go 'eheheheh...let's not piss off the thing that would leave these floors needing to get replaced, one way or another, if we said no'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2013, 06:43:56 pm »

I hope for 2, 3 or 4 they're all likely to go my way.
Caine's law.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 06:10:42 am »

Whew I think I'm in.

Of the 2 combat types mine went better then the griffons.
Caine's law.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 07:34:19 am »

Whew I think I'm in.

I'm curious why it's the trade minister who favors you, though. Stalwart Mind seems to suspect an ulterior motive, and I suspect he's right.

is it a Stargate reference?

Blade Runner.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TannhauserGate

Was going to use Starswirl, but teleportation gate...Tannhauser --> Tannhorser...that was just too good to resist.

Speaking of Starswirl, am I the only one who keeps imagining Clover as a janitor?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2013, 08:02:20 am »

So do I, sadly for the minister Sam is not smart enough to take part in any little plots so he's outta luck with me once I get in.
Caine's law.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2013, 12:37:49 pm »

So do I, sadly for the minister Sam is not smart enough to take part in any little plots so he's outta luck with me once I get in.
Actually, he'll probably just use you as a pawn by doing stuff you can understand that influences your behavior. If he has a plot.

Me? I'm just curious to see what the Council chooses to use as their reason for picking Basayen. I'm also somewhat worried and/or musing over how he'll respond...

After all, there really isn't a great deal of reason to send someone from a wildly different nation who may be better kept home to serve as a possible ambassador and source of information on a trip. Besides him wanting to, at least.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

That is possible if he can think of the right things to use to influence him.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12