Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 20688 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 05:48:12 pm »

"Well, Hiya! You're...a Mau-ecce, right? I'm a Dryad! Friends call me Hikari! Well,they haven't had any chances to yet, so I'm just guessing. Now, how about You? Have a family?

Attempt to befriend the mouse! If it goes well, ask about taking a ride on it. If not, offer to help it look for food if it's hungry or something. Look over to the northeast of the tree, too.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:27:42 pm »

Leaf Vinehead

((Hey, is anyone going to attack the mites near our tree? They don't seem to be friendly...))

Leaf moves northwards, watching the mites carefully. If any of them attempt to harm the tree, he attacks them with his bare hands.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 09:39:39 pm »

Hiver examines the tree that does not appear to be a tree.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 11:58:42 pm »

The signpost?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 11:16:25 am »

The signpost?

((You;ve existed for about 5 minutes, you don't know what a signpost is... but yes.))

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 11:20:54 am »

{The contents of this post have been relocated by the SaltWind Shipping Co.©}
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:06:26 pm by OceanSoul »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 10:16:25 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to carefully shift the earth around himself and the tree into a wall to separate them from the mites. If that doesn't deter the mites, hit them with a Geode Bomb.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:42:14 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 10:17:30 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to carefully dig a tunnel downwards at an angle, away from the tree, to see if he finds anything neat or useful beneath the earth.
You're not going to do anything about the mites? There's a fair chance they'll attack you.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 03:44:27 pm »

Spring 3, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Cor-Mite A (T): 1/2
Cor-Mite B (T): 1/2
Cor-Mite C (T): 2/2

Aster gets offended about the fact that there are other trees, and uses his Life Absoprtion ability on the tree. This seems wrong somehow. The Birch tree does not have any obvious damage on it due to the use of this ability, but Aster can definitely feel life energy going into him. Aster lacks any transmutation abilities that would allow him to use life energy for other things.

Hikari communicates with the mouse. The mouse proves to be easy to befriend, but not much for conversation. All it says are an assortment of squeaking sounds. The mouse begins to follow her around. She then moves to the east; and discovers a line of water. There is also something that appears to be a tree; yet is not a tree levitating above it.

Hiver examines the non-tree object. It appears to be made of wood and has three things that resemble branches. The vegetation at the base of it seems to be a bit longer than the surrounding grass.

Geos uses his shift earth ability to shift the earth around the tree into a wall, though the skill used at half effectiveness does not produce a steep enough obstance to deter the Cor-Mites! Geos then uses a Geode Bomb to attack! However the Geode Bomb that was cased at half effectiveness fails to detonate. It does clonk one of the mites for 1 damage though. With his current level of power, only one ability can be used at optimal strength per turn.

Leaf Vinehead moves back to the three and eyes the Cor-Mites suspiciously... And they do indeed turn hostile! The tree Cor-Mites approach the tree and nibble at it, dealing a total of 3 damage! Not taking kindly to that, Leaf strikes one of them in melee to deal 1 damage! This seems like an inefficient way to fight somehow...

Tutorial - Assets: Through the use of abilities, or random chance you may gain noteworthy allies or constructions that will help you in various ways. The ones that are meaningful enough for the GM to bother keeping track of will go into the Asset spoiler. If your actions do not yield an asset then you may need to invest more effort into it. Things can exist even without being added to the Asset list.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 03:58:06 pm »

"Note to self, and maybe Mr. Mau-ecce, too, lear how to speak mau-ecce. Maybe you could learn Dryad, instead".
Something was nicking at the back of Hikari's mind. It felt like something was nicking at her tree. "Um, Mister Mau-ecce, would you mind coming back to the tree with me? Something's wrong.."

Head south, back toward the tree. If riding Mr. Mau-ecce would be fast enough to get back to the tree this turn, do that. Might not be much of a speed boost, but heading diagnally may work.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 04:15:54 pm »

GM NOTE: This was supposed to be mentioned in the previous update, but it slipped my mind. While Hikari is pretty small, she is not quite small enough to be able to ride on a mouse.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 04:38:03 pm »

Geos launches a Geode Bomb at Cor-mite C, aiming to try to catch more than one mite with the shrapnel if possible.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 05:01:13 pm »

Leaf Vinehead

Leaf uses Draw Blood twice on Cor-mite A and B. He splits the power equally.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 05:03:20 pm »

Hiver
Read the sign.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:50:42 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 11:18:07 am »

Aster Witheredlock

"I do believe the tree has showed me some proper respect now, I guess everyone's can all handy those nasty mites around the tree. I guess more time for exploring!"

Explore Southwards!, to the southwestern area.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23