Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50001 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 51 IS UP*
« Reply #585 on: January 15, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »

Draw both my swords then follow the blood trail towards the fire, attempt to remain unseen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 15, 2013, 06:47:51 pm »

Shrug, return to camp. Decapitate bandit leader's corpse, then grab head and tower shield (I can probably sell it) before searching the camp for loot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 15, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

"Well, thats done. Now for the fun stuff."

Amass just like... a fucking gigantic pile of scrap. Start building a fantasy clockwork exosuit slash ironman suit slash giant mecha. Use knowledge of magic runes and mechanics to supplement the building.

Question, can I spend multiple turns on one thing to make sure I get a good end result without the random chance affecting it? Liek taking a twenty in DnD?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »

Eh........... sure... if you are going to, let me know how many times you plan to try it so I can think of a reasonable amount of turns to have it take.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 15, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »

I plan to try until I succeed in a fashon beyond mortal understanding.

So with the +2 bonus I'm aiming for... six turns.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 15, 2013, 07:40:34 pm »

Alright.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:14 pm »

"That went well. We only had to kill four guards. That's about half of everyone on the morning shift; better than my usual record with impromptu jail-breaks. So, do you want to enjoy your new freedom and go our separate ways now, or continue to be my faithful equal partner in brutal combat, complicated acts of black magic, and perhaps even apprenticeship in those very same black arts? You've done amazingly well thus far, saved me twice in those encounters back there, and not tried to sell me out or stab me in the back even once.I can admire such loyalty. So, what do you say?"

'I can probably fix the lack of evil in him later, having a slightly demonic spirit take up residence in your soul can really fix your goodie two shoes perspective.'

Pet/scratch my familiar while talking to the guard without breaking eye contact. Attempt to recruit the guard, whether or not he comes along, find my way to a sheltered and secluded hamlet, far from the city or any nearby castles. As distant from organized society as possible, while still having a population of around ten to thirty. What type of people populate it is completely unimportant, so long as they aren't directly hostile.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 15, 2013, 09:40:34 pm »

((Wait, what exactly was our mission here, GM? I've kinda forgotten.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 15, 2013, 09:42:59 pm »

((He has a plot, we've just been completely oblivious to plot hooks apparently. I think we weren't actually supposed to split up eight different ways.))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 15, 2013, 09:45:14 pm »

((You Groz are currently in a smugglers hideout, presumably to kill their leader.))

((Splitting up was okay because if absolutely necessary I can drive you all together again. Also, do you guys want main plot hooks that are a little more obvious? Or is this fine?))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 15, 2013, 09:46:29 pm »

((I'd like for us to be on one big main quest together. I'm fine with being the fantasy man's tony stark for now though.

It is hard to keep track of what exactly I know, though. I've forgotten what town I'm in and what the name of that shadow magic group was. or where to find them.))

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 15, 2013, 09:47:50 pm »

*Nods quietly*

Go over to the door and wait.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 15, 2013, 09:50:49 pm »

((If anyone ever needs a reminder on something like that, feel free to PM me. As for your two things Derm, you are currently in the Desert Town Harraspor, the last you heard of "The Bronze Edict" (the shadow magic group) was that going to the tavern might be a good idea.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 15, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »

((Thank you. You might want to PM me that anyway so I have a quick referance guide. Six turns is a long time.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 15, 2013, 10:28:36 pm »

Out of curiosity, how long has passed for the others while I was killing bandits?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 43