Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 172

Author Topic: Demongate: Wrapping up the Loose Ends.  (Read 676376 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demongate: Petitioning for Legalisation of Gypsum Continues.
« Reply #1320 on: June 08, 2014, 03:23:53 pm »

Anent our noble's room problem: we have resources. A small amount of adamantine can be sacrificed to improve the quality of Vlad's mood.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: June 08, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »

Eh... when we can afford to spend the cloth, building restraints in rooms is a good generator of happy thoughts?
Morale management is worst management. Which is why nobody's bothered to do anything about it for 7 years.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: June 08, 2014, 05:07:45 pm »

I totally micromanaged morale for my turn. Back in my day, everyone had their own bedrooms, and the graveyard wasn't right next to them either. You could go to sleep without having to tune out the corpserot odours. And there was none of this nobility running around naked malarkey either, I'll tell you that!

In any case, Flame can always justify taking Helgards room as revenge for shutting down the forges for a while, or for the obvious favouritism he showed to the Miner's Guild over all the other guilds that presumably exist. I think that providing the noble is at least tied with everyone, he shouldn't get the bad thought about bedrooms/dining rooms/etc.

As a side note, is it worth asking to get the description in the hall of legends changed for the Steelhold series, since it's not really as relevant as it could be at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 05:11:04 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: June 08, 2014, 05:21:56 pm »

What's wrong with having the coffins right next to the residential area? It just makes it that much easier to pay one's respects.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: June 08, 2014, 06:07:12 pm »

Protip: Our morale is absolutely garbage right now and a tantrum is very, very possible.
Improve rooms, assign rooms, get clothing made, make Vlad's digs fancier than Helgardes (somehow he knows, and it's hurting his feelings pretty severely) and expanding the dining hall should provide you with some safety. Most bad thoughts right now are weather related (we can't do anything about that other than keep dwarves who don't need to go outside outside) Ghost related (slab up) or dining-hall related, but clothing-related thoughts are killer.

The best option is to make some steel traps and put a weapons trap in Vlad’s room. You only need one masterwork steel serrated disc in each room to bump the room beyond royal quality, and if you have anything under masterwork that is a weapons trap you can melt it down without worrying about losing bars. The excuse can be that it is for securing the fortress against threats.

The best way to improve room quality for people is to dig out some more large rooms like in the Miner’s Guild. You can maybe expand the existing rooms to do that.

There is one unoccupied room in the Miner’s Guild that can be used by nobles for one reason or other. It was supposed to be a dining or storage room but it never got finished.

You can also use Helgarde’s old room - there’s a bed in it, it is the place next to the “Sunshine Lab” - I think those were originally intended for Vlad but in the end a corner of one ended up used as a bedroom, and the other officially went to hell with the whole neighbourhood.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 06:12:15 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: June 08, 2014, 06:28:15 pm »

What's wrong with having the coffins right next to the residential area? It just makes it that much easier to pay one's respects.

Well, I'll grant you that that is probably a much valued convenience, but consider how many people have probably already come up the stairs at night completely hammered, taken a wrong turn and woken up next morning in the arms of someone who is considerably more decomposed than they remember their spouse being.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: June 08, 2014, 06:40:17 pm »

Well, I'll grant you that that is probably a much valued convenience, but consider how many people have probably already come up the stairs at night completely hammered, taken a wrong turn and woken up next morning in the arms of someone who is considerably more decomposed than they remember their spouse being.
It's all in that dangerous sunshine stuff. Wise dwarves make better decisions about their health.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: June 08, 2014, 07:14:53 pm »

It's all in that dangerous sunshine stuff. Wise dwarves make better decisions about their health.
Sounds like a sexy night to some. ;D

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: June 09, 2014, 02:23:15 am »

Sounds like a sexy night to some. ;D

You are a strange little man Danmanthedog...

But yes, Vlad going crazy (In a bloodthirsty way... against dwarfs whom aren't Gnoma) would be bad for all concerned. I do admit that I'm curious to find out whom would managed to stop him or if Vlad would still be standing once everyone else in the fortress is dead. 
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: June 09, 2014, 02:51:54 am »

Well, if I could influence the rng enough, I might get him to go berserk and get killed by Thane. It'd fit well into her slowly being driven insane story.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: June 09, 2014, 12:49:12 pm »

Thane never struck me as particularly insane. Paranoid, but not really insane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: June 09, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

She's being spied on by spiders. If she's not insane, people will think she is.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

FallenAngel can help with the spider-spies.
He did declare war on them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: June 09, 2014, 03:45:26 pm »

Can I be dorfed as a religious dwarf, custom name "Matthias", profession "Philosopher"?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: June 09, 2014, 04:01:31 pm »

Brother Cornelius amost lost his interest to everythin that happens outside his cell. There's so much various drinks that should must be tested to be added or rejected from Evening Prayer cellar, so the priest was so much busy that he missed sudden unsusal change of rulership.
- Wat? Flame's 'n ovrseer naw? Holy crap. Those guys can't be left alone evn for a month. Vlad is depressed about Helgarde having quarters better that his one thoug he never seen it. Thane proposes marriage to him but he left no reply proposing another sparring session instead. That paranoid guy who stuffs snails with gems changes his ming to spiders. Cnora - oh Gnora! - still keeps her way with sunshine. Basically I have no idea what goes on around here and I don't say I really care. I just feel pity that Flame won't do trqaining with me... but I lost my spear somwhere. Gotta find it.. or better not. I guess it's still on the stockpile. Let's pretent it's there. I realay don't know what am I talking about, but that's okay. Thtat'a the purpose of Prayer. Dear gods, FUCK YOU! I'm the priest, amnd I'm hell tired of getting your attention. You never listen to me and don't give a fuck to what I ask. And now I ask you to not give a fuck for my prayer - got you, Gods? This time is th only time when you actually CARE about what's happening here! HAHAHAHAHA!
The morning got Brother Cornelius laying under the statue of Vudnis Caveheroes, deity of fame and rumors. Cornelius is hugging the statue.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 172