Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7298 7299 [7300] 7301 7302 ... 10989

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13448810 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109485 on: September 20, 2016, 03:03:11 pm »

Reminds me of this

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #109486 on: September 20, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »

So, you know what they say about Ubisoft-published games having major unfixed bugs on release day?
For context, TM Turbo had a closed beta phase that involved some of the main WR holders from the previous games. They all complained about the kind of speed glitch you can see in this replay:
https://youtu.be/NIYUpFXMdjc
This was the WR from the aforementioned beta phase on this track. They didn't fix the glitch, even though it was the one thing that ruined over half of all Lagoon circuits for WR hunters. And then, a couple days after release, this happened:
https://www.twitch.tv/riolutm/v/63051127
And they still haven't fixed it to this day.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109487 on: September 20, 2016, 03:37:09 pm »

I assumed he was talking about Trotsky.

But ehy, some people aren't as comfortable with androgynous looks as others.
I'm not saying Leon Trotsky looks like Georgio A. Tsoukalos, but he looks like Georgio A. Tsoukalos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #109488 on: September 20, 2016, 03:51:21 pm »

So, you know what they say about Ubisoft-published games having major unfixed bugs on release day?
For context, TM Turbo had a closed beta phase that involved some of the main WR holders from the previous games. They all complained about the kind of speed glitch you can see in this replay:
https://youtu.be/NIYUpFXMdjc
This was the WR from the aforementioned beta phase on this track. They didn't fix the glitch, even though it was the one thing that ruined over half of all Lagoon circuits for WR hunters. And then, a couple days after release, this happened:
https://www.twitch.tv/riolutm/v/63051127
And they still haven't fixed it to this day.
So wait, you fly off the map in a specific way and then you count as finished?

Also yeah, after how they handled the later AC games I don't trust Ubisoft any further than I can kick them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109489 on: September 20, 2016, 04:03:12 pm »

I assumed he was talking about Trotsky.

But ehy, some people aren't as comfortable with androgynous looks as others.
I'm not saying Leon Trotsky looks like Georgio A. Tsoukalos, but he looks like Georgio A. Tsoukalos.

Younger Trotsky would be forced to agree.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109490 on: September 20, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109491 on: September 20, 2016, 05:15:53 pm »

If you look at it, though, that spear is gunning for the snake's hat and not the snake.... methinks Trotsky just wants his fashion accessory back.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109492 on: September 20, 2016, 05:24:03 pm »

Rooting for that glorious hatsnek.

Go, hatsnek, rid us of these dirty rodents.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109493 on: September 20, 2016, 05:26:52 pm »

Back then the top hat was practically the most well-known symbolic shorthand for capitalism.

The beauty of that piece of propaganda, of course, is that it's referencing a religious myth. The Eastern church: so deeply entrenched that even the Soviets couldn't completely roll over it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109494 on: September 21, 2016, 12:01:32 am »

It occurred to me today, why do todays bedroom tier feminists worship Frida Kahlo?

-snip-
Well Feminist =/= strong and independent.

As well any feminist who would decry "submissiveness" as a negative quality would immediately get on my "List of people who don't know what they are talking about" list... In fact erase feminist and make that anyone... It is just this stupid cookie cutter stuff.

-snarp-

I don't know what a Bedroom-Tier Feminist is, but maybe I qualify? I identify as a Feminist, and there -is- a small magnetic Frida Kahlo paper doll in my bedroom (you can dress her up in traditional Mexican outfits, stick a bunch of monkeys on her, or even give her a pope hat. It's awesome). Neonivek's response is a good thing to consider when thinking about Feminism. That aside, I mostly know Frida Kahlo as an artist, but can think of a few reasons other Feminists might appreciate her as an icon.

I don't know how else to respond to the assertion that she's ugly, but No? I get that it's probably a matter of differences in what we personally find pretty... but if you can't get past her Scandalously Unplucked Eyebrows, consider when she tames that fluffy brow and abides by the Feminine Beauty Standards of the day.

Which brings me to a superficial but obvious point. Take a look at how she represents herself, particularly how she exaggerates the whole eyebrow situation in her paintings: The Broken Column (NOTE: This painting is NSFW). Ignoring the rest of the painting for a moment, it's easy to see that as her saying "To all of you who are trying to tell Women like myself what beauty is, or that it's part of our duty to be 'Pretty' according to some completely arbitrary standard: this is who I am, and I like myself this way." The pressure women are put under to artificially feminize themselves and conform to societal standards of beauty- think all the shaving and exfoliating and hair styling and etc. that are still expected of ladies while in public- that's something which, as evidenced by the Human Centipede comment, is still a pressure that society imposes on Women all the time. Even in the modern context, let alone when she lived, her disinterest in changing her appearance can be seen as Feminist.

Consider that she was born at the turn of the 1900's, when Mexico and much of the world was far more deeply Patriarchal than today. Despite being a survivor of Polio which left her leg disfigured, and living in an era and culture which imposed strict rules on what a Woman was supposed to be, she became one of a handful of female students to enroll in a prestigious school in Mexico, and went on to study science and medicine. She planned to become a doctor, had she not been crippled in a car accident, which damaged her spine and limited her mobility. Instead, she took up painting while she recovered and became a famous artist and a cultural icon in her country. She was politically active, openly bisexual as you said, and all around Kind Of A Badass on several levels.

I'll leave with a short tangent. The Broken Column (the NSFW Portrait linked above) is an autobiographical work of sorts, depicting her spinal injuries as a youth, her feelings toward the slings and arrows of misfortune, and the other health-related hardships she was going through toward the end of her life. Despite that, here's a popular quote I dug up from her diaries, relating to this work. "You must laugh at life... Look very very closely at my eyes... the pupils are doves of peace. That is my little joke on pain and suffering."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109495 on: September 21, 2016, 02:47:52 am »

This can only be solved by a practical experiment. We must capture cinder and substitute enough of his bodyweight for pure ethanol.

Then we all drink him, because ehh, it would be a waste not to :v
I just only noticed this conversation via OOCQ.

wat
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #109496 on: September 21, 2016, 02:48:00 am »

Youtube is doing some seriously weird shit with their system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9AwHypS1lg
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109497 on: September 21, 2016, 03:32:31 am »

This can only be solved by a practical experiment. We must capture cinder and substitute enough of his bodyweight for pure ethanol.

Then we all drink him, because ehh, it would be a waste not to :v
I'm down with it. Count the WTF thread as being in.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109498 on: September 21, 2016, 07:13:48 am »

If there is one reason I don't like the statistic "Only 25% of Kickstarted games ever leave early access" other then being one of arbitrary statistics that hints that they might have gotten it through less than honest methods...

Is that it would include games that are nearly finished, in the middle of development, or that just started.

BOY... I sure do love how terrible statistics are... They are a bottle of lies! Got a popular statistic? Chances are its wrong, misleading, or duplicitous.

MAN I am grumpy right now... I really should get some sleep today.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109499 on: September 21, 2016, 07:22:18 am »

Samuel Clemens, is that you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7298 7299 [7300] 7301 7302 ... 10989