Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002413 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7275 on: March 02, 2014, 06:28:10 pm »

Hugo, Landholders need to be appointed to not start with them. Your general isn't appointed (could have a director as noble that appoints the general and has no law responsibilities) and the lower landholders Appointed_by tags are missing "[" in front so the tags aren't read.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:29:41 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: March 04, 2014, 03:38:41 pm »

I'm working on a global interaction for my mod, but I want it to only trigger in winter. None of the tags on the wiki seem to enable this so I figured I'd ask if anyone knows a way to make it a once a year event?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: March 04, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »

Nope.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: March 06, 2014, 03:07:01 am »

Is it possible to mod in more crimes?
I want to play a tyrania fortress.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:45 am »

Crimes are quite certainly never ever going to be moddable, because they are so deeply integrated into the game's code, and because different types of crimes are so fundamentally different. Even if they were converted to raws for some reason, they'd likely have a unique token for each crime, which kinda invalidates the point of converting them into raws in the first place.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: March 06, 2014, 01:57:02 pm »

Crimes are quite certainly never ever going to be moddable, because they are so deeply integrated into the game's code, and because different types of crimes are so fundamentally different. Even if they were converted to raws for some reason, they'd likely have a unique token for each crime, which kinda invalidates the point of converting them into raws in the first place.
The best you can do is mess with the entity's ethics and make most things a crime (with PUNISH_SERIOUS, PUNISH_CAPITAL, etc).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:31 pm »

The best you can do is mess with the entity's ethics and make most things a crime (with PUNISH_SERIOUS, PUNISH_CAPITAL, etc).
Hm, I will try that, however I thought that entity's ethics were more about the politics during worldgen, not about the crimes.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: March 06, 2014, 06:38:05 pm »

VANDALISM, ASSAULT, OATH_BREAKING and KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER are all related to justice at this point, I'm pretty sure, the first being chair-throwing and such, the second punching someone, the third not carrying out mandates, the fourth murder.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: March 07, 2014, 12:27:47 am »

Is there a token to set entities as automatically hostile similar to goblins? I know the item_thief and snatcher tokens do it, but I'd prefer other methods if possible. Some of the races I'm working on, like giants for example, wouldn't really fit with the whole "stealthy thief" profession.

[LOCAL_BANDITRY] Lets them send out patrols that can ambush you and makes all of the civ hostile, according to the wiki.
Creating a race without CAN_TALK makes them at war with everyone as well, just slap on "UTTERANCES" so they would have some names.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: March 07, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »

If I set SKILL_LEARN_RATES to 0 and then add SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:100, will this mean that that the creature can only learn mining, or will the former token override the latter?

EDIT: The wiki says that IMMOBILE will stop breeding in fort mode. Does anyone know if this carries over to worldgen as well?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7285 on: March 07, 2014, 12:57:22 pm »

If I set SKILL_LEARN_RATES to 0 and then add SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:100, will this mean that that the creature can only learn mining, or will the former token override the latter?

EDIT: The wiki says that IMMOBILE will stop breeding in fort mode. Does anyone know if this carries over to worldgen as well?

Order of events, if you said
SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MINING:100
SKILL_LEARN_RATES:0

then yeah wouldn't matter, but if you go

Mining will be the only skill they can learn.

Also for IMMOBILE it only prevents breeding in fortress mode (since pathing needs to be possible to breed, and IMMOBILE stops pathing) Worldgen has no cares if it can move or not.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: March 07, 2014, 01:00:50 pm »

Order of events, if you said

then yeah wouldn't matter, but if you go

Mining will be the only skill they can learn.

Also for IMMOBILE it only prevents breeding in fortress mode (since pathing needs to be possible to breed, and IMMOBILE stops pathing) Worldgen has no cares if it can move or not.
Thanks for the quick answers.

The Condor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: March 07, 2014, 07:00:28 pm »

I think the dwarfs take too long to drink and eat too fast.  Is there a way this could be changed?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 07:02:12 pm by The Condor »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: March 07, 2014, 07:08:12 pm »

Jobs (of which those both are) can't be modified.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: March 08, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

An in-game solution is to hand out waterskins. It take a few ticks to refill a waterskin, and the waterskin only needs to be refilled every third drink.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 544