Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002397 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7695 on: May 14, 2014, 02:16:30 pm »

I didn't change legless, I didn't know it existed. Let me try that and see if it works.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7696 on: May 14, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »

Are FILTH_B, FILTH_Y, or UNKNOWN_SUBSTANCE used ingame at all? The only thing I could find on the wiki was that a release from 2008 had a different (non-randomly-generated) ending and some of the floors were covered in filth.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: May 14, 2014, 10:04:32 pm »

I have a couple questions about dfhack stuff.  I am interested in interrupting worldgen and mucking aroudn with some memory in the middle of it.

1) How can I get my script to actually run stuff in the middle of worldgen at a predictable point in time? I would like it to interrupt it before the first time that the game natively makes available pausing as an option with the enter key. So it would just have to externally force DF to pause in action. Can that be done? For instance, just putting the main thread to sleep or something from a script based on, say, system clock, without also stopping the script? I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what relationship these scripts / dfhack has to DF itself.

edit: or is it perhaps my lucky day and Toady is actually conscientious enough to have DF throw events for these things? Such as, for example, ANY time stuff is printed to screen?

2) Do people know more about memory entries than is written in the notes in globals.csv? Cause that's... pretty sparse. If not, then okay. I can just start painstakingly probing the various worldgen variables to try and figure stuff out. But if people already know the answers and I'm just not looking in the right place, I would prefer not to waste that time.

For example, even as simple as:
world   2   0x186dd70   0x2   int16_t   world.worldgen_status.state
It's not a boolean, so I assume it's not just "paused or active." Probably refers to stages completed or something. Is that just all we know? I can make scripts to sit there and wait for different stages to complete and read it off repeatedly to test hypotheses, but do we already know what the possible values are? If so, where is that sort of knowledge stored? Perhaps only in people's brains, or am I missing important actual documents, or is it nowhere?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:08:48 pm by GavJ »
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: May 15, 2014, 12:15:46 pm »

So, the problem with the animal men currently is that they only sometimes speak gibberish, about 1/5 of the time. The rest of the time they speak elven. I want them to speak gibberish all the time. Any possible solutions are welcome, this is a pretty strange and difficult problem.
Have you removed CAN_SPEAK from every creature that might come up in the entity?  I'm guessing one species is sufficient to give the civ a language.  If it's happening 1/5 of the time, then I guess 1/5 of the time of the troublesome species is included.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:56 pm »

I just made so much d'oh, you could make bread out of it. Apparently I changed animal person legless, but not animal person. The civ that had utterances was python men. I'm actually glad I didn't include that information earlier, as it would have kept me from receiving the solution I needed. Thanks!

EDIT: IT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORKS!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:14:23 pm by TheFlame52 »

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: May 17, 2014, 04:18:47 pm »

I modded a very little bit a while ago and sadly I have forgotten most of what I learned...

My question is this... can one make a reaction for the bowyer that can re-stack like arrows? Or change 5 stacks of 5 bone arrows into a single stack of 25 bone arrows. I know it is easier (and better) to just melt down the metal ones for a gain on the metal... But I would rather not use certain exploits if I can help it.

As a side question does anyone know if Toady is going to make the melting yields more realistic? Is there a mod that does that?

Thanks in advance.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: May 17, 2014, 04:32:06 pm »

As a side question does anyone know if Toady is going to make the melting yields more realistic? Is there a mod that does that?
Dunno about a mod, but using this wiki page and 20 minutes, you could probably fix it all yourself for your raws:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Melt_item
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: May 17, 2014, 05:01:43 pm »

I modded a very little bit a while ago and sadly I have forgotten most of what I learned...

My question is this... can one make a reaction for the bowyer that can re-stack like arrows? Or change 5 stacks of 5 bone arrows into a single stack of 25 bone arrows. I know it is easier (and better) to just melt down the metal ones for a gain on the metal... But I would rather not use certain exploits if I can help it.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot re-stack arrows, or make reactions for the bowyer workshop, but you can make a reaction that accepts X amount of arrows, and puts out the same amount in a stack. Though there is a chance that stacks will be used in the reaction, and that several arrows of various materials will go in, but only one type of arrow will come out.

As for melting, you can adjust weapons, armour, trap components, and tools, but not furniture, crafts, or mechanisms. It depends on the material size of the item. To create, items require one bar for every three sizes. So a size of 1-5 will require one bar, while a size of 6 will require two bars. But for melting, the bar return is the material size multiplied by 0.3.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: May 17, 2014, 05:21:17 pm »

Awesome! Thank you BlackFlyme! That was extremely helpful!

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »

Sorry for asking so many questions... I feel like I might have reached my limit for today. I have another one if it is not too much trouble.

Is it possible to add the announcement "The merchants from [civ] will be leaving soon." to the data/init/announcement.txt so I can pause and center on the merchants before they leave?

Thanks in advance!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: May 18, 2014, 02:36:22 pm »

Does anyone have one of those reactions that can turn anything into a weapon? Anything.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: May 18, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »

Does anyone have one of those reactions that can turn anything into a weapon? Anything.

"Urist, what did ye do with me lunch!?"

"Why Onil, I made an axe!" :P

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ANY_WEAPON]
[NAME:make a weapon from anything]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:SMELT]

This will take any item and output a random weapon.

You can control it somewhat by using stockpile links or by making sure that the items you want to put in are very close to the workshop.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: May 18, 2014, 06:58:46 pm »

I actually wanted one for adventure mode, but this will do. I'll fiddle around with it.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: May 18, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »

So is it possible to make it so there is a civilization of necromancers and they lead over the undead? So you could go into a town and all the soldiers and workers will be zombies and skeletons while the king would be a necromancer. I assume it'd work with modification of castes, but I have no idea.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: May 18, 2014, 07:48:32 pm »

+giant brown recluse spider gut pick+

I love you guys :P
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 544