Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002521 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7680 on: May 11, 2014, 06:52:52 pm »

It worked! Thanks! But now the problem is that it only generates a civ with one creature each, not a mix of every animal. I don't think this can be fixed. But another problem is that every other civ is never generated, which I can fix. Another problem is that even though I replaced CAN_SPEAK with UTTERANCES in the c_variation_default file for animal men, each civ speaks a randomized language, not utterances.

EDIT: Also, upon embarking, the citizens are shown in the pet column. I think I might disable playing as them. And I also might remove water-dwelling creatures, as they suffocate on land and their origin story doesn't make sense for them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:15:04 pm by TheFlame52 »

projectnew

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7681 on: May 11, 2014, 07:13:50 pm »

Alright so messing around in the raws

I've found this [BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
   [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]

I was wondering if it's possible to have your dwarfs be children or start having them work in the fort faster? (I like to think it'd be kinda cool having a group of children running off into the wilderness to start their own fortress)   

Would  [MAXAGE:150:170] help?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: May 11, 2014, 07:26:56 pm »

Alright so messing around in the raws

I've found this [BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000]
   [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000]

I was wondering if it's possible to have your dwarfs be children or start having them work in the fort faster? (I like to think it'd be kinda cool having a group of children running off into the wilderness to start their own fortress)   

Would  [MAXAGE:150:170] help?

Neither of these affect whether a child can work or not. I don't believe that you can make children work by changing the raws, though Dwarf Therapist can allow you to make children and babies work, IIRC. I haven't used it in a long time, so I'm unsure if it still does that.

BODY_SIZE is how large they will be at specific ages. The first argument is their age in years, the second is days, and the third is size. So [BODY_SIZE:0:0:3000] means that they will be size 3000 when they are born, [BODY_SIZE:1:168:15000] means they will be size 15000 at one year and 168 days, and [BODY_SIZE:12:0:60000] means that at age twelve they will be fully grown.

MAXAGE is the youngest and oldest possible ages a dwarf can die of old age at. No dwarf will die of old age before they are 150 and no dwarf will live longer than 170 years old unless affected by something such as vampirism or other syndromes or interactions.

The only other tags that affect children or babies are ones that change their name and ones that set how long they will be an infant/child for. BABY:1 means they are no longer a baby once they are one, and CHILD:12 means that they reach adulthood once they are twelve. By lowering these you can make them mature and work sooner. You can remove the baby token to have them be born as children, just don't remove both tokens, as otherwise children cannot be born.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:29:09 pm by BlackFlyme »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: May 11, 2014, 08:20:31 pm »

It worked! Thanks! But now the problem is that it only generates a civ with one creature each, not a mix of every animal. I don't think this can be fixed. But another problem is that every other civ is never generated, which I can fix. Another problem is that even though I replaced CAN_SPEAK with UTTERANCES in the c_variation_default file for animal men, each civ speaks a randomized language, not utterances.

EDIT: Also, upon embarking, the citizens are shown in the pet column. I think I might disable playing as them. And I also might remove water-dwelling creatures, as they suffocate on land and their origin story doesn't make sense for them.

Yeah, there's no way to make a civ incorporate multiple races. You can make the entity spawn multiple identical civs with different races, or spawn a race which you made have castes that are functionally identical to other species, but you currently can't incorporate populations of other races into a civ unless they got them via warfare/child snatching.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: May 12, 2014, 02:29:37 pm »

Can you get bandits or other things to build towers?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: May 12, 2014, 02:35:35 pm »

How can I make the civ speak utterances? Even though every member has it, only a few civs speak like kobolds. The rest speak random languages.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: May 12, 2014, 02:52:47 pm »

Can you get bandits or other things to build towers?

Do you mean necromancer towers? If so, only necromancers or other secret knowledge users can, if they get enough minions.

How can I make the civ speak utterances? Even though every member has it, only a few civs speak like kobolds. The rest speak random languages.

It should be as simple as giving the creatures utterances and not giving the entity a language. I suppose you could check to make sure there isn't an animal-person out there that can still speak. Not all draw their tags from the creature variation. I know tigermen for sure have their own set of raws instead of pulling from the variation, though there may be a few others.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: May 12, 2014, 03:24:54 pm »

It might be tigermen. I'm going to remove them and see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't work, but all my other fixes did. The only bug left is the language one.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:42:53 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:26 am »

You know what, fuck it. I'm just giving the animal men elven and ITEM_THIEF so that they are hostile to everyone.

EDIT: HOLY DICKBALLS IT ACTUALLY WORKED, ANIMAL MEN SPEAK IN UTTERANCES NOW
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:18:42 am by TheFlame52 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: May 13, 2014, 09:31:40 am »

You know what, fuck it. I'm just giving the animal men elven and ITEM_THIEF so that they are hostile to everyone.

EDIT: HOLY DICKBALLS IT ACTUALLY WORKED, ANIMAL MEN SPEAK IN UTTERANCES NOW
Fsdloew lkidco opii.  Niudswe, hiessf u sslez.  Qryfdsle!
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: May 13, 2014, 10:02:19 am »

Actually, on second though, only one civ speaks utterances. The rest speak elven. They are still hostile to everyone because of ITEM_THIEF, though.

Guvnah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: May 14, 2014, 07:35:35 am »

How would I go about modding driftwood being harvestable for wood ? And/or has anyone already done it ? Seems the kind of thing someone would have done already but searching didn't find me anything.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: May 14, 2014, 10:51:39 am »

How would I go about modding driftwood being harvestable for wood ? And/or has anyone already done it ? Seems the kind of thing someone would have done already but searching didn't find me anything.
You wouldn't, at least not without external utilities. Driftwood is essentially a terrain feature like the ∞ boulders (not the mined boulders). Perhaps some DFHackery can do something, but I wouldn't know.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7693 on: May 14, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »

So, the problem with the animal men currently is that they only sometimes speak gibberish, about 1/5 of the time. The rest of the time they speak elven. I want them to speak gibberish all the time. Any possible solutions are welcome, this is a pretty strange and difficult problem.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: May 14, 2014, 02:06:16 pm »

So, the problem with the animal men currently is that they only sometimes speak gibberish, about 1/5 of the time. The rest of the time they speak elven. I want them to speak gibberish all the time. Any possible solutions are welcome, this is a pretty strange and difficult problem.

The only thing I can think of would be that there are still some that can speak. Did you change both the standard animal-people variations? There's ANIMAL_PERSON and ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS.

Did you make sure to remove all instances of [CAN_SPEAK] from all animal-people? The only ones that have that tag on their own are tiger-men and the subterranean animal-peoples, IIRC.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 544