Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3755620 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #7815 on: October 21, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »

My mind shrieks in curiosity and terror into thinking what the would the 1.0 version would be like.

This.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: October 21, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »

1.0 will physically absorb you into the world and subject you to all the horrors you put your dwarves (and modded creatures) through in the name of Fun. And it will still be Fun.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: October 21, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »

From yesterdays devlog, sounds like things are going well. Hopefully we will have a release in December.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: October 21, 2013, 07:04:19 pm »

There will be a point where it will become most detailed than real life, and it will be able to divide zero.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: October 21, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

"...and then the trees started cutting elves, too. Then the trees and dwarves made the elves into beer, and the trees combusted."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: October 22, 2013, 10:17:51 am »

"And Armok didst grin.

And the inhabitants of the Mountainhomes feasted upon the lamb, and the sloth, and the orangutan, and the breakfast cereal...."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: October 22, 2013, 12:21:12 pm »

Will stolen/traded artifacts be tracked now there's somewhere to take them too?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: October 22, 2013, 12:40:09 pm »

Given that traded items are supposed to be tracked.... hopefully. I know there is already a general answer, but I don't think we know about artifacts specifically.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: October 22, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »

Given that traded items are supposed to be tracked.... hopefully. I know there is already a general answer, but I don't think we know about artifacts specifically.
I'm pretty sure that, if artifacts aren't tracked properly, that it's a bug. There are some bugs with artifact tracking.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: October 22, 2013, 01:31:25 pm »

While you're working on sites, how have lairs come along?

I am tired of spending fifteen minutes to find a lair. If there's a mod for that I'll take it. Edit:thanks for the help. (Top left gives exact coordinates).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:52:14 am by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: October 22, 2013, 01:32:10 pm »

And where did you see that?
Reading a thinner book

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: October 22, 2013, 02:00:20 pm »

And where did you see that?

It was a while ago when the trade network went in.

Quote from: Devlog 6-7-2011
Instead of being generated from scratch, the items all come from the site's world gen stockpiles now. The information stored there includes the source civilization, so a family could be the proud owners of a dwarven stone cabinet, for example, complete with dwarven artwork with the right materials, and the number of dwarven stone cabinets in the town would be the precise number that were traded in over the years.

I think he might have addressed it in a DF Talk as well (particularly regarding unique/specific items, like artifacts and "that axe the worldgen general used to slay the dragon" and things like that,) but I don't recall which one.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: October 22, 2013, 02:06:32 pm »

While you're working on sites, how have lairs come along? Is finding them either less time-consuming or more deliberately puzzling?

I am tired of spending fifteen minutes to find a lair. If there's a mod for that I'll take it.
What kind of lair do you mean? Lairs for quest targets? They've become harder, since the quest givers no longer can give you their exact locations (and they were never particularly hard to find). Random lairs you've never heard about? They're staying the same difficulty. Critters hiding out nigh-unfindably in the sewers and dungeons? I don't think there's been a change either.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: October 22, 2013, 03:59:18 pm »

While you're working on sites, how have lairs come along? Is finding them either less time-consuming or more deliberately puzzling?

I am tired of spending fifteen minutes to find a lair. If there's a mod for that I'll take it.

The compass in the top-left gives the exact relative location of the nearest lair at all times and you can press "q" then "c" (IIRC) to show the exact point on the world map where the lair is. By exact relative location I mean it'll show you what direction it is until you're literally on top of it, in which case you're probably inside it.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: October 22, 2013, 04:52:04 pm »

Toady, when you release the new version of DF 0.34.11, will it be compatible with OSX from 10.6 to 10.9 inclusive?

Since 10.9 came out today for free, besides time to back up, download, and install, I don't think there's a reason not to have it compatible for all thee systems.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 748