Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 256949 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:06 am »

I think what we really need to see is a picture of Vanod shaking Bilbo around by the throat.

Poor elephant monster! We hardly knew ye. Bet he tasted good though. And JUST as he was settling down for a nice dinner of +toad paste+ on toast.

Hey, Vanod maybe naked guy with spear and knife, but hes not an elf  :P*referring to the fact that you can't butcher sapient beings*

He doesn't have the knife anymore. Vanod traded it for a *MEAT FIST!!!*.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »

This is full of win. I dub thee Vanod the Barbarian.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2012, 02:23:44 pm »

This is full of win. I dub thee Vanod the Barbarian.

Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Bluesproto

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anti Hero
    • View Profile
    • My game, a Medieval RPG. Sort of.
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2012, 03:30:45 pm »

I think i've fallen in love with this story. It simply looks... Great.

PS: When i read the name of the lumbering monster, "Anaya", I really laughed, as here in Spain, it is the name of a well known publishing house that makes the text books for students. F*** you Maths XD
Dear Urist: I, the overseer, appreciate your point of view about the danger that an unarmed goblin can represent at the other side of a fortification when you try to kill it with a ballista, but, as you know, you're not paid to think. And a mindless worker is a happy worker, so shut up and do your job.

You are a Hero, an fantasy adventure with dragons, mages, ninjas and Norse mythology

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2012, 04:41:18 pm »

PS: When i read the name of the lumbering monster, "Anaya", I really laughed, as here in Spain, it is the name of a well known publishing house that makes the text books for students. F*** you Maths XD

And you can thank Vanod for putting an end to their reign of terror, as their leader is now a naked man with a spear's tent.

So when you stabbed off Bilbo's trunk, you turned him into a noseless cyclops, eh? I find that imagery amusing.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2012, 04:46:13 pm »

Does perfectworld work with the new version?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2012, 06:44:13 pm »

Indeed it does.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »

Indeed it does.

Now I just need to figure out how the hell to work it.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »

The most awesome thing is that he managed to survive what I think would be too much for a regular adventurer and did that naked. I imagine that either he will finally succumb to some giant beastie or, more probably, he will exterminate every single living (and undead) being on the island :). That would be an epic achievement!

Somehow I think even Vanod wouldn't do so well against one bandit armed with a bow in this version. And he wouldn't get to eat him even if he did win, which is the real tragedy.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2012, 07:45:49 pm »

The most awesome thing is that he managed to survive what I think would be too much for a regular adventurer and did that naked. I imagine that either he will finally succumb to some giant beastie or, more probably, he will exterminate every single living (and undead) being on the island :). That would be an epic achievement!

Somehow I think even Vanod wouldn't do so well against one bandit armed with a bow in this version. And he wouldn't get to eat him even if he did win, which is the real tragedy.
Indeed it would.  Luckily, everything is DEAD.  No bandits for Vanod.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »

watch him run into some kobold archers/crossbow kobolds, tho they would have to be zombie kobolds they would still be able to use the crossbows and bows.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rosomack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2012, 05:36:26 am »

watch him run into some kobold archers/crossbow kobolds, tho they would have to be zombie kobolds they would still be able to use the crossbows and bows.

I think some throwing practice would help with that. He _is_ fast, so he could just hide behind a tree and pop out throwing something at them, then hide again. I read in the other thread that blood is ridiculously efficient as ammo  :D. Since Vanod has every inch of his body covered with it he might as well use it  ;). Imagine the outcome.

Steb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:10 pm »

Much like its hero, this thread is far too awesome to die.
More adventures!

Arthandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2012, 01:26:11 pm »

The story is really great and entertaining. The only thing that ruins it a little for me is the fact you apparently started as a Demigod and now you own everything that moves...

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »

The story is really great and entertaining. The only thing that ruins it a little for me is the fact you apparently started as a Demigod and now you own everything that moves...

your allowed to get the map and start as non demigod if you want :P
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39