Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2221889 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now testing mods.
« Reply #11745 on: January 07, 2016, 12:05:46 am »

Oh, you are right. The true old ones are small-sized ! I checked the current old ones, which Mr Frog seems to have strengthened.

To shed some light, the "updated old megaspawns" are currently really strong. A good (=nasty) kind of strong, according to my FUN criteria :D

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: January 07, 2016, 12:28:44 am »

Old megaspawn: Giant-sized warriors.
New megaspawn: Necromorph-esque horror from beyond all realms of reason, a place dwarf was not meant to tread.

So you're saying the old megaspawn got buffed? Or were you talking about those conjoined abominations?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: January 07, 2016, 12:49:11 am »

I approve of the Spawn having a troll-equivalent Megaspawn, then making the current necromantic abomination of flesh a semimegabeast Uberspawn, this seems like a good way of solving the problem.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: January 07, 2016, 01:10:12 am »

Old megaspawn: Giant-sized warriors.
New megaspawn: Necromorph-esque horror from beyond all realms of reason, a place dwarf was not meant to tread.

So you're saying the old megaspawn got buffed? Or were you talking about those conjoined abominations?

Spoiler: New Old Megaspawns (click to show/hide)

Current "variant" Megaspawns are as big as an adult horse and can reanimate their lost limbs.

Oh I'm so stupid ! Mr Frog already created a semi-megabeast Spawn Variant, it's the Spawnfalloon ! I forgot them, because I didn't encounter them yet.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:16:45 am by Nakéen »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: January 07, 2016, 01:15:50 am »

The hell is a spawnfalloon?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11750 on: January 07, 2016, 01:18:47 am »

The hell is a spawnfalloon?

You should find it in the same file as the spawn variants. It's basically a mega-megaspawn reading its description.
They were mentioned several times during the thinking phase, but it never seemed to garner a lot of attention. It may be why everyone forgot about them.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: January 07, 2016, 01:19:00 am »

Unless my memory is severely faulty, I can confidently say that I had never so much as touched a megaspawn until I made the big amalgamated thingy I submitted earlier, and Nakeen is probably looking at the greater spawn, which are clowns, and are indeed only vulnerable to adamantine (since the ones in Clobbermountains were... somewhat less than impressive).

Also, thank you for mentioning the Spawnfalloon. Yeah, if Splint really doesn't like my megaspawn y'all can feel free to get rid of them and keep the 'falloons, since I think the whole reason I put them in was because I wasn't sure whether I wanted the megaspawn as a random nasty encounter that would constantly be a threat or an extremely-sporadic, limited "OH SHIT" event.

@Splint: they're literally just gigantic versions of the megaspawn I made. I believe I already mentioned them a few times.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: January 07, 2016, 01:22:30 am »

Yup, I was speaking of the Greater Spawn. I thought this were the closer to "old megaspawns".

By the way, where does the name "Spawnfalloon" come from ? I'm still wondering what does the -falloon mean.

Oh, and I think Splint got a bit traumatized by the early Megaspawns, haha  :P  I can comprehend the shock though x)

EDIT: Forgot to say I can stop laughing everytime I see a Mugbot-named creature. They seem to be fond of naming Megabeasts, which lead to some like Bloopy Beep Tweepdoop-something "The Infernal Death of Bridges" xD
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:25:01 am by Nakéen »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: January 07, 2016, 01:24:22 am »

By the way, where does the name "Spawnfalloon" come from ? I'm still wondering what does the -falloon mean.

I'm wondering the same.

And frankly I did forget about them. Must've been the name or something, but they certainly seem like they'd fit the bill for a mid-/late-game fort scare.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: January 07, 2016, 01:28:29 am »

Totally unrelated from Spawn variants and all.

I'm having an incomprehensible problem with Ballpoint. They seem to utterly refuse to wear battle-equipment @_@
I was sure I copied the raws from Parasol... Will have to look if it's because of some value or something.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: January 07, 2016, 01:28:54 am »

Yup, I was speaking of the Greater Spawn. I thought this were the closer to "old megaspawns".

Oh, and I think Splint got a bit traumatized by the early Megaspawns, haha  :P  I can comprehend the shock though x)

EDIT: Forgot to say I can stop laughing everytime I see a Mugbot-named creature. They seem to be fond of naming Megabeasts, which lead to some like Bloopy Beep Tweepdoop-something "The Infernal Death of Bridges" xD

You should just make them speak in binary.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: January 07, 2016, 01:29:09 am »

Their name is a play on "Granfalloon", a Castlevania enemy which is also a giant amalgam of bodies, which itself is named after a term from a Kurt Vonnegut novel which I've never actually read, but I'm sure I look smart by alluding to.

A granfalloon, in the fictional religion of Bokononism (created by Kurt Vonnegut in his 1963 novel Cat's Cradle), is defined as a "false karass". That is, it is a group of people who affect a shared identity or purpose, but whose mutual association is actually meaningless.

It seemed an appropriately-nihilistic name for what amounts to a barely-functioning biological accident that knows only pointless, wanton destruction.

E: I can't grammar tonight.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:30:54 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: January 07, 2016, 01:35:13 am »

/snip

Ooooh, I feel less stupid tonight. And also it reminds me that I never played the classic that is Castlevania. Sigh.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: January 07, 2016, 01:36:38 am »

Maybe those particular spawn variants are what happens when a bunch of warriors jump a trash golem. At any rate, bedtime.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11759 on: January 07, 2016, 01:41:24 am »

Maybe those particular spawn variants are what happens when a bunch of warriors jump a trash golem. At any rate, bedtime.

I personally imagined them as basically a result of the Spawn growing unstable and mutating wildly due to being separated from Holistic for so long. Ballpoint's experimentation (??? is that still canon?) on them probably didn't help matters much.

Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 815