Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 777184 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1920 on: May 22, 2014, 04:31:43 pm »

AKA "Fangorn"

XD

I'm so totally making a fort there after my turn.

It's gonna be on a river, at the edge of the forest, and I'm gonna cut all trees I see. There'll be a tower there, too.

NOONE STEAL MY IDEA! :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 22, 2014, 06:12:23 pm »

I forgot to mention: The Confederacy of Inking is STILL at war with The Woods of Counselling and The Rough Tornado at present, so any adventurers from the Confederacy may be attacked in elven lands, and any elves of those two nations will be attacked on-sight in Confederacy villages.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 22, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »

The main problem with defeating Dishmab (apart from him being a sadistic killing machine in masterwork adamantine and legendary artifact sword) is actually finding him. I may have to make a new adventurer on my turn as I have no idea where Dishmab is.

Can anyone find him?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 22, 2014, 06:30:05 pm »

The main problem with defeating Dishmab (apart from him being a sadistic killing machine in masterwork adamantine and legendary artifact sword) is actually finding him. I may have to make a new adventurer on my turn as I have no idea where Dishmab is.

Can anyone find him?

Since the world is so freaking old I'm doubting that he can be found there are so many lairs. Especially near dinnerwandered.

I suppose I can count making Dishmab disappear forever without a trace as a victory.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »

I remain confident that he will reappear at the least opportune moment and reduce some poor bastard to a scattering of bloody chunks of gore.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: May 22, 2014, 08:22:46 pm »

I remain confident that he will reappear at the least opportune moment and reduce some poor bastard to a scattering of bloody chunks of gore.
Same.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: May 23, 2014, 01:52:30 am »

Dishmab returns!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: May 23, 2014, 06:21:38 am »

You know, it's actually pretty easy to make any clothing/armour fit you by using gmeditor. All you need to do is to change the item's creator race id to that of your own race, and its size will change accordingly.

Well if bralbaard allows it then I would of edited armor to fit aco because if she had adamantine she might have been able to kill Dishmab

The differences in armor size are one of DF's features, and I think we shouldn't allow dfhack use to alter game balance or boost stats. Dfhack use is fine for writing slabs, avoiding bugs etc.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: May 23, 2014, 06:55:11 am »

Previous entry.

Throughout the rest of the week, Thone satisfied the requests of several more villagers, annihilating many beasts and adversaries from the lands and collecting their respective bounties. Having earned amongst them an impressive reputation, the villagers, who had since began calling him “The Clean Continent of Covens” in recognition of his actions, advised Thone to visit their leader, who lived in a fortress about a day’s travel away. The elf did as they told him, travelling from town to town until he reached the lawgiver’s keep.

No one knows precisely what happened that day, but Glenlarks himself claimed to have discovered the law-giver dead, likely having succumbed to old age. Some do not believe this to be entirely true, but no evidence has ever been brought forward to show that the law-giver's death was not a natural one.   

What is certain, however, is that Glenlarks later travelled to another fortress, where he recruited a number of mercenaries and prisoners to help him raid a bandit camp that had been ambushing trade caravans on their way to the capital. The cost for recruiting so many men had not been small, but the bounty promised was a large one.

The band crept towards the camp at dawn, careful not to draw attention to themselves. However, the bandits had been prepared. A sudden flurry of arrows and bolts flew towards Glenlark’s men, and armed men charged from their hiding places. Caught in the ambush, the mercenaries began to fall like flies. Recognizing the hopelessness of the situation, Thone fled with a speed no man could match, fuming over his loss of revenue.

The time had come for Thone to leave this civilisation. His list of targets was beginning to diminish, and soon it would become too small for sustainable profit to be made through assassination. He would move north, beyond the landbridge, and seek new tasks there.

But first, there was one last target that Thone wished to cut off his list. Nelare Warmthtax, the villagers had named it, a fire-breathing reptile which had enjoyed terrorizing villages ever since it had settled in a nearby cave several centuries ago. The cave’s co-ordinates were well-known, but none had ever dared face the beast and lived to tell the tale. Today, Glenlarks would dare, and he would live.

Creeping past scarred rocks and charred boulders, Thone entered the dragon’s lair. A deep rumbling sound echoed around the cave walls as he moved noiselessly forward. The beast was asleep! Excellent! Moving past the scale-covered boulders that were presumably eggs, Thone reached the sleeping creature. A huge and fearsome beast, this dragon had probably lived through most of the past millennium. Nevertheless, it had its weaknesses. Sneaking along the reptile, Thone reached its neck. Here Glenlarks stabbed, rapidly.

The dragon was dead before it could open its mouth.

Next Entry
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:41:34 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:25 am »

Lucky. I kept looking for a Dragon after I encoutnered that one in the cave but could never find one again

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: May 23, 2014, 10:33:52 am »

There is a zombie dragon scale (it's reanimated skin) in Sunkengem along with a zombie reptile man, a zombie donkey and 769 ant and reptile men...

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: May 23, 2014, 11:35:35 am »

There is a zombie dragon scale (it's reanimated skin) in Sunkengem along with a zombie reptile man, a zombie donkey and 769 ant and reptile men...

I grabbed a zombie dragon at sunkengem... Or was that in my own playings of teh game before?  I recall finding a zombie dragon at sunkengem near the lava pit killing it and taking it to Dinnerwandered

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: May 23, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »

Reclaimed Sunkengem in a parallel version of the game in my continuing quest to find Dishmab.

1079 animal men in the caverns and a human necromancer chilling with a few zombies. No Dishmab.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:40 pm »

Reclaimed Sunkengem in a parallel version of the game in my continuing quest to find Dishmab.

1079 animal men in the caverns and a human necromancer chilling with a few zombies. No Dishmab.

Well... yeah he wouldn't BE in Sunkengem. I had to take him to the zone south of sunkengem so I could fight him lag free.

Edit: Just checked made a fortress in the area... There is nothing there he must be wandering the world or going to a lair nearby or somethign

Edit 2: The... The adamantine axe... ITS MISSING! It just disappeared! Mergedspies the Saffron of Diamond has disappeared after the death of Aco... by Dishmab Norhtmanor the Mute Saffron Soot.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:02:46 pm by Kromgar »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: May 24, 2014, 09:08:25 am »

Can we unretire Dishmab to see where he is, or does the unretiring bug affect him, too?
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 162