Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3854711 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16395 on: October 07, 2013, 12:40:40 pm »

Lars looks about for a control to the door.  "O Great Glorious Steve, is there a way we can bypass this door, or we need to penetrate it mightily?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16396 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:27 pm »

"All right, one second."

Jim gives Mesk a minute or two to override the controls while he looks around with all of his vision moves for hidden traps. If he finds traps, he warns the crew with him and takes no further actions this round. If Mesk fails and Jim doesn't see any traps, then he attempts to open the blast door manually. If that doesn't work, then next he'll try using his Manipulation Amp to force it open. And if THAT doesn't work, he'll try to melt it off with his Microwave Amp.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:18:24 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16397 on: October 07, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »

"You sure you don't want me to just override it?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16398 on: October 07, 2013, 12:45:04 pm »

Lars looks about for a control to the door.  "O Great Glorious Steve, is there a way we can bypass this door, or we need to penetrate it mightily?"
"All right, one second."

Jim attempts to open the blast door manually. If that doesn't work, then next he'll try using his Manipulation Amp to force it open. And if THAT doesn't work, he'll try to melt it off with his Microwave Amp.
"You sure you don't want me to just override it?"
((Coordination is not the HMRC's strong suit...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16399 on: October 07, 2013, 12:46:34 pm »

(You're just now figuring this out? Maybe you should try reading the thread sometime, GWG. Anyway, going to edit my previous post's action.)

"By all means."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16400 on: October 07, 2013, 12:47:43 pm »

((Nah, I've gathered. Just...wow.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16401 on: October 07, 2013, 12:57:56 pm »

"So what you're basically saying is that I'm stuck here while my teammates are left to fend for themselves against elite UWM troops? Fuck!" said Flint in anger, making a motion to hit a wall, but stopping at the last second as he remembered the kinetic amplifiers in the battlesuit's arms. "Thanks a lot Steve! You know you could have said that sooner, right?"
Complain to Steve.
Check the hallway and the stairs leading up for any other cameras or security devices. Destroy any I find.
Try to make sense of the elevator wiring Mesk used in case we need to go up later (dynamic bonus).
Place a camera in the elevator and a small distance up the stairs, in case they decide to send someone down here. Stay near the stairs and elevator and keep watch.

@Jim: "Those UWM bastards seem to place security devices everywhere. Remember to use your cameyes to locate them."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16402 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:56 pm »

"Right, got it."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16403 on: October 07, 2013, 01:17:41 pm »

Try and override the door.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16404 on: October 07, 2013, 01:19:46 pm »

Be generally helpful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16405 on: October 07, 2013, 01:46:05 pm »

((Heh, sorry Pariah, I know Auron must be devastated about losing this chance for unprecedented looting. But hey, at least it also killed that Urban Executor that was messing with his mind. Well, probably, it could've been someone else, but most likely not. Oh well.))

"Is there really nothing that's just going to go smoothly in this mission? Now the frakking elevator is working against us. Urgh, this is all costing us precious time.

Bishop, Auron, try to get that elevator working. If you can't get it down here in a minute or so, then we'll move on to 'the Bishop maneuver', also known as 'blasting our way through the damn floors untill we get where we need to'.

I'll be getting ready for plan B while you guys are working."

Contact Steve, ask him to advise me on where I should aim my Giant Laser to cut a hole that goes up through several levels to where we need to be (or at least as high up as possible), while preferably not slicing up the command room. Once ideal place is located, start preparing for making that shot (aka prepare dynamic bonus for next turn.)

If, however, they are able to get that elevator down, then use previous action (=drop elevator down so that we can climb in the shaft unimpeded, then start climbing).

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:51:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16406 on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:12 pm »

((There's a middle ground between using the elevator and shooting the ceiling. Shoot the elevator.

Then again, lasering the ceiling IS more awesome. And unpredictable.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:02:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16407 on: October 07, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

((There's a middle ground between using the elevator and shooting the ceiling. Shoot the elevator.

Then again, lasering the ceiling IS more awesome.))

((I know, but I didn't put it in my action because then I wouldn't be able to get a possible dynamic bonus. Bishop and Auron can't work on getting that thing down if there's an AoW standing in the way. And we really need to get going, I mean your team has advanced way more than us. I don't know why, it's like we are going really slow despite trying our best to keep moving constantly.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16408 on: October 07, 2013, 02:56:53 pm »

((Well, we don't know how close we are to ARES, since we have no map. Or what we'll find there, since Joker team didn't ask about it. And we cant use our giant robots. So really, you might actually be better off than us.

But you're right, we're racing against the nuke clock here. Speed is good.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16409 on: October 07, 2013, 06:38:14 pm »

Wait... what the fuck was i thinking...

run back and literally loot the urban executor after using my machete to sever the head, as in his head and entire body are going into my pack. Break his spine and fold him in half if necessary.
grab the least melted shield and head back to try to override the elevator.

If we fail to get it moving via overrides, shoot at its brakes instead.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:24:09 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1256