Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860303 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5865 on: July 27, 2012, 03:35:50 pm »

"The worm is probably in the apple. Or was that the potato? You never can tell, these days..." Charro trailed off, muttering to himself as he continued waving vigorously to Conrad.

>Wave continuously to Conrad til he is out of sight! Follow others! Babble incomprehensibly to self!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5866 on: July 27, 2012, 04:09:39 pm »

(Really 3 5's in a roll, whos suicidal now!)

Mason will first open the drawers, and will then check the pillowase, and under the matress.
(I just realised, Conrad is going to come in and see me snoopig in his room, and i have no way of knowing that.)
You're actually disconnected from the other people chronologically. In your time the corpse team has just left, so you have hours before anyone comes to see you.

[end:3]
You shiver and cough violently, hacking up bloody phlegm and bile. You feel like your lungs are lined with jelly and your chest burns as you breathe. 

The dresser has 3 rows of drawers. The first two are clothing, the third has several jars and a few notebooks. Inside the jars are small amounts of sand, twigs from the Trees in the Dead Forest

How often does it go by, and is it any sort of thing that would be interested in us?

Wake up and follow the group.

I guess you'll know when we come out, but until then, goodbye, Conrad.
"Oh, It comes by to look every now and again. It's probably still out there, maybe above us. It's never given me trouble, but I'd refrain from sticking your arm out when you hear it around."

You get up, stretch and make ready to follow whoever is going to lead you from this point on.

((Well, you may have some time before he gets back. And that stuff still takes guts. Problem being that your character doesn't have guts. :P))

"Was that underground?", Gorat wonders, "Felt pretty close... Good luck, then, Conrad."

He then checks if the passing of the Wyrm caused any visible damage to the surroundings.
"Not underground, it's probably out just beyond the path. It dips down and scrapes the ground sometimes."

You take a look around. Doesn't look like anything within the path has been damaged, least nothing you can see.

"See you, Conrad. Here's hoping we meet again, eh? I'm sure we'll have some tales to tell."
Charro tipped his hat respectfully towards the guide, then brought up the map, studying it whilst the others screw around.

Milno wakes up and stretches calmly, checking his suit and making sure everything is in order before leaving the building.
"See ya grumpy old man. This can be the last time we see each other, so enjoy the rest of your lonely and sad life."

Take glowsticks, look for signs of the passage of the Wyrm inside the area around the shack.
You crack a glowstick and wander out to the edge of the path, walking along it's circumference and looking for anything out of place. You find a rather massive gouge that's been torn in the ground near the path, a gash in the sand that continues several feet down into solid rock.

Travis equips his backpack and stores his manipulator while putting his crystalline projector in his holster (or wherever we put it). Travis swipes the camera.

"So long Conrad. If I may ask, why are you doing this? Why are you helping us?"

Travis joins the team looking for the wyrm and films whatever may be of interest.
You follow after Milno in his explorations, hobbling around a fair bit slower then him, but manage to catch up and film the gouge he found.

Farewell, Conrad.

Get up and follow the group.
You stand up and get ready to follow whoever decides to lead.
"Ehh... What the hell? Damn it, way too early for this."
Thomas stumbles to his feet and follows the others.
You get up and stand around, ready to follow someone.

((I can't shake off this feeling as if Travis has mugged Mason. :P))
((What, just because he murdered and then looted him?

Not that you're in a position to talk about that. :P

Also piecewise, did I ever loot that section of tree trunk?))

"What is the Wyrm, again? What can you tell us about it? Is it dangerous to go off into the dark here? What about elsewhere?"
(you've got it.)
"No idea what the Wyrm is. Just know it's big and probably roughly tube shaped." Conrad shrugs, " As per danger from going out into the dark, I don't really know. It's not like the animals around here just stand around in one place all day."

Conrad walks off away from you, finally disappearing into the distance. Looks like you're on your own.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: July 27, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »

((Just a quick note, Travis shouldn't be the one hobbling around, but me. That's why he has the cam now, after all.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: July 27, 2012, 04:17:20 pm »

((Am I the only one who thinks Milno is an Ace?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: July 27, 2012, 04:23:59 pm »

((He's the practical, no-nonsense character he made himself to be. Of course he is.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: July 27, 2012, 04:31:37 pm »

((What, just because he murdered and then looted him?))
((No no no, more like about how it happened. Although I have to admit Travis is only getting away with the mugging because Mason wants to die.))

"And that was the Wyrm." Milno said, eyeing the gash in the sand before returning to the rest of his team.

"Hey, we got two options: either we try to get as fast as possible to the Citadel, explore it and then leave, or we could try to explore further from the path and into the area the other animals live in, either before or after we go to the Citadel. We could get more material, but nothing can assure us we won't find these in the Citadel anyway."

"I think we should leave secondary explorations to after we come back from our main objective, although I do know we may lose a few people there."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:34:06 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: July 27, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »

((He's the practical, no-nonsense character he made himself to be. Of course he is.))
((He's really not especially good at anything, though. Except I guess sniping out MC'd teammates.))

Faith called out a goodbye to Conrad as he left, then turned to the rest of the team.

"I hate to say it, but yes, we should explore the Citadel first, then see about deeper exploration.

Speaking of which, let's get going."

Remove some tree branch samples from different trees. Make sure Travis captures the process on film.

Then get moving down the path, bleeding injuries or not.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: July 27, 2012, 04:46:46 pm »

"Next stop, the pitted lands. Mind the gaps." Gorat pauses and shakes his head, then looks at Charro. "Is that guy contagious?" he mutters to himself.
Get going.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: July 27, 2012, 04:47:30 pm »

Follow.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: July 27, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »

Mason grabs the notes and takes them too his bit in the shuttle, he then steals food for a samwich, makes one and eats while he heads back to stasis.

(Conrads gonna be very confused.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: July 27, 2012, 05:04:48 pm »

"Since no one complained nor ran away like a madman into the darkness, it is settled then, let's get going."

Head towards the next area, following the path.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 27, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »

"Off we go, again. Everyone, be careful, and all that."
Charro strides along after Faith & Co, looking alert with his hands by his sides ready to grab his hat in case of danger.
>Follow! Observe what I can see of the landscape carefully.
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 27, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »

Mason grabs the notes and takes them too his bit in the shuttle, he then steals food for a samwich, makes one and eats while he heads back to stasis.

((I'll say. He's going to find a dead man clutching his dairy slumped over the counter next to a half-made sandwich. ???))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 27, 2012, 05:47:14 pm »

Follow along taking soil and air samples once we got to the pitted lands.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 27, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

((I'll say. He's going to find a dead man clutching his dairy slumped over the counter next to a half-made sandwich. ???))

((I didn't even know he had a cow-- that just makes it even more confusing!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1256