Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3854533 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15675 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:29 am »

((Speaking of prayer, can I use said radio without a helmet?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15676 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:51 pm »

((Hey, I just had an idea for a fun use/experiment/combo for Simus' phase armor and grenade launcher or other explosives while thinking of ways to defeat that worm/dragon. Simus can try throwing rocks at a thick structure (eg. Wall)  while being phased. Now, one of three things will probably happen (one can't predict the results of space magic with 100% acurracy). Either the rock will immediately unphase, the rock will unphase after a few moments, the rock will unphase when Simus unphases or the rock will never unphase. Except for the last one, all other results mean much fun. First of all, any object becomes a lethal weapon, since you can embed it in the enemy's head. Second,  if that object is a grenade or other explosive...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15677 on: August 16, 2013, 02:45:07 pm »

Computer died

posting difficult

Will update when able.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15678 on: August 16, 2013, 02:47:45 pm »

((No worries, PW.

And Radio, that, if it worked, would be unreliable, at best. It takes a perfect Will roll for everything to go with me instead of dropping through me and ending up on the floor, and we've no guarantee that something breaking contact (as it seems to be contact-based) would remain phased.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15679 on: August 16, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »

Computer died

posting difficult

Will update when able.
((Did you lose any data?))

((I wouldn't think so. You can still use wrist-pad.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: August 16, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

((And send messages to the gods?  Brilliant!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15681 on: August 17, 2013, 09:05:30 am »

((No worries, PW.

And Radio, that, if it worked, would be unreliable, at best. It takes a perfect Will roll for everything to go with me instead of dropping through me and ending up on the floor, and we've no guarantee that something breaking contact (as it seems to be contact-based) would remain phased.))

((Erm, it was Paris saying that, not me. Unless 'Radio' refers to something else of course.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15682 on: August 17, 2013, 09:34:31 am »

Inspect shuttle.
It's damaged, thats for sure, driving it through walls tends to do that. Mostly it looks like the engines were damaged more then the frame; the right one in particular is all half crushed and twitching on it's mount.

You blink. Maybe it's the drugs or the probable head trauma, but you feel a  great sense of dread. You feel like something bad is going to happen.
((I wonder if it's gonna be the underground thing, or whatever is happening to me, or something else entirely.))

"Huh, I suggest we split up and run. Quick objections?" ((I think that's a reasonable behavior.))

Begin running Noth-East, along the Hex border. Slow down if the static stops.
Does it follow me? If I manage to get away from it, how sudden is the transition?

Since my teammates are comatoze, have Zerphyris run too, a couple hundred meters to the side of me.
And I don't think I'm going to be remote-controlling Denzel, since he's actually an active player, and I don't truly know if what I'm doing is the asnwer to this "menace".

You run north-east, trying to get out of the static and find it to be easier then you thought. It's like the white noise layer that surrounded the storm has expanded, the seemingly benign cloud of electronic interference sweeping slowly northward, though the storm itself remains unchanged. Your teammates echo the sentiment.

"So wait, you react to glass but not rock? Eh, whatever. Get in there! Now!"

What's the container made of?
Keep an eye on the blob at all times.
Force it in the container as quickly as possible and start dragging it as far away from the other blobs as possoble, prefferably towards the motion anomalies, monorazor at the ready.

((Let's bet, who's gonna die next turn?))
The container is made of something that seems like glass, though you're positive it's some sort of high tech, semi-metallic glass; silica molecules all bound up in semi-organic polymers or attached to heavy, metal ions.

You force the blob into the container where it continues to blink little symbols and shimmer internally. It's hard to tell if it's reflecting light or producing it's own. However, it doesn't seem to be reacting in any particularly dangerous way. Not transforming into anything, not becoming a giant death crystal bent on destruction, none of those very rude things.

check for vibrations, if gone resume dragging.
If detected, wait for them to dissipate and resume dragging.

You wait until the vibrations have dissipated and start heading back toward base. Unfortunately you catch up with the vibrations quite quickly. This leads to the disturbing implication that whatever it is thats making the vibrations is moving the same way you are, back toward the base.

Flint we're going to Sector 12, as per our orders. Morul Migrurkeshin, Michael Alexander, you two got that?

The screams. Await them.

((Next turn, I go, if you're not here, you're left behind.))
Wait wait wait, wait wait wait, wait on your booty!

By which I mean you sit around and wait to leave.

"No, I'm probably not ready for anything, but I don't think anyone really is."

Regroup with Simus, and follow her to Sector 12. Be on the watch for any anomalies.

((You know, I think the feeling of dread may be similar to Faith's modifications. Left mostly alone with a mad doctor while unconscious sorta modifications.))
You sit with simus and wait for her to leave.

"Right, come on down to the core with a pack. I'll load you up with these modules and we can take a nice hike. Judging from what I can see here, it should be easy enough to fix them."

Load up Miyamoto and myself with the modules and grab some food and water too. Then get a map of all the sensor locations that I have to fix from ALVIN and lead a hike towards the nearest ones.
"To be honest, it's rather difficult for me to give an accurate assessment of your situation going on such limited intell. Hmm. You know what? I'm willing to throw you a bone here: I can add Lukas to your squad so he and Denzel could track it for the time being. Two robots should be able to keep up with it, or at least not tire running after it. It's the best I can do right now. That would mean you and Zephyris would be alone though. If this sounds doable to you, I'll tell Lukas about it."
"Nah, a two man squad is something I would prefer to avoid. Well, we'll just leave it be then. Good luck with everything else that's happening around."

"Very well then, continue as you were."

"Right, ok... Listen up! I need one person to come with me in repairing and replacing the outside sensors for ALVIN. Expect plenty of walking, carrying of stuff and maybe some technical stuff. Those who want to come willingly, meet me in the AI core ASAP."

Bishop broadcasted over the radio before packing up and heading towards the AI core.

Head to the AI core and check out the replacement sensors to get an idea on how to replace the fried out ones.

"Sure, I'll come give you a hand."

Go give Bishop a hand.

check ground with thermal radar/vision, the cameras were modified to see through walls, maybe ill get lucky and spot the thingamajig.

Once heat blob/ vibrations are gone recommence dragging, if they return drop the shuttle grab jack and run.

((Remember, Gilgamesh has built-in cameyes. ))

Bishop and Miyamoto fill their bags with as many sensors as they can carry and then head out in search of new and interesting holes to fill. Many jokes are made at Flint's expense. They run into a minor problem with the first sensor slot though: there's a thin layer of rock slag that has melted and then hardened over the hole.

"Well, heh. Whew. Who knew that working on something with only one free leg would be so difficult?"

Get that motor installed, and go help Bishop.

((You know... assuming Anton survives this place and the wheelchair remains intact... how would a certain ex-disabled ex-genius back on the Sword react to him rolling in on it?))
[handi:6+1]
You're not really sure how you do it, but you somehow manage to basically turn your wheelchair into an electric drag racer; more giant modified electric engine on wheels then anything.

((See?  The gods are helping us.))

Lars shuddered as the sense of dread gripped him.  Fortunately, he knew exactly what to do in this situation.  He set his radio to all-coms.

"O gods of the HMRC Pantheon, we come to you in our time of need.  Great Algis, may your shielding hands cover us from whatever danger approaches us!  Wise Emar-i, may your guide the hands of our medics and doctors, keeping the faithful healthy and alive!  Clever Halmon, may you ensure our tools and weapons do not fail us in our time of need!  Ingram and Vo-nos, guide the weapons in our hands to the hearts of our foes!  O Pathmas, may we have your favor on this day!  Glorious Steve, may your light shine on us all!"

Pray a lot.  Get a helmet.

You have no idea where to find a helmet, but you do know where to go to transmit radio!

You head to the CCR and sit down. You figure that if you want to broadcast a message of hope to everyone within 50 light years, this is the place to do it. You wonder if simus would mind you doing that though....Hmm.

Computer died

posting difficult

Will update when able.
((Did you lose any data?))

No, I keep everything on drop box.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: August 17, 2013, 09:53:06 am »

No, I keep everything on drop box.
((Hurray for cloud storage! :) ))

"...huh. Well, a little overbuilt, buuuut... yeah, it'll do. Going to have to reinforce it here and there, probably add a suspension... later. Let's see how this goes."

Get on the modified wheel(ie)chair, plug the red hand in, and try gently accelerating down the nearest stretch of empty floor. Aim away from Bishop's wall and any nearby vehicles. Get a feel for the controls a little.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: August 17, 2013, 10:52:31 am »

You have no idea where to find a helmet, but you do know where to go to transmit radio!

You head to the CCR and sit down. You figure that if you want to broadcast a message of hope to everyone within 50 light years, this is the place to do it. You wonder if simus would mind you doing that though....Hmm.

The will of the gods must be done.

Do it!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15685 on: August 17, 2013, 12:11:53 pm »

((I'm turning into the joke of this mission...  :-[))

"Oooh... Pretty..."

See if I can make a small cup out of rock where I could fit a blob that will hopefully stay inert. If successful, get that second blob and leave it somewhere near the base sector, so that I can pick it up on my way back. Then follow Simus while keeping an eye on my container-blob.

((For some reason I have a feeling that the burst of data Simus sent with her superantenna is what lured that creature to the base. Unfortunately, I can neither prove that OOC or have any reason to suspect that IC...))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 02:21:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:48 pm »

Simus sees Lars walking into the control room, with access to the new antenna, and follows him, muttering.

Not happening on my watch.

Walk in and subtly deactivate, without destroying or disabling (requiring repairs), the transmitter. Subtle as in, don't let Lars see me do it, or make it look like a normal activity. When he's done with his sermon, reactivate it and head out for Sector 12.

((Speaking of the transmitter, I wonder if we could use it as a directional antenna to pierce interference?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »

Stop screwing around and just break the thin layer of rock with a sharp whack with a smaller rock. Then check for damage on the sensor port, and if it all looks good, plug in the new sensor and have ALVIN run a quick test on it for me.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: August 17, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »

close all the shutlle hatches and cut through a survivable but suitably radioactive part of the radiation zone in hopes of losing the thingamajig/beating it back to base.
((Survivable for both of us))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15689 on: August 17, 2013, 05:00:09 pm »

"Um, guys, last time I checked, the thing was going in the general direction of base, right? Can we just move enough food supplies out of the way?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1256