_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5770821 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18825 on: September 30, 2013, 06:39:34 pm »

((We know one team is going deeeep into the structure to the basement, plus we could always use radio or wristpads to communicate. No, the flare is a signal for hostilities, or just a random flare. We have no idea, but our base is under duress, so we respond with large amounts of potential violence. And some actual violence.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18826 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:59 pm »

((We know one team is going deeeep into the structure to the basement, plus we could always use radio or wristpads to communicate. No, the flare is a signal for hostilities, or just a random flare. We have no idea, but our base is under duress, so we respond with large amounts of potential violence. And some actual violence.))
((Well the potential violence I agree with of course, STEPHEN HAWKING is getting ready for asskicking as well, but the ACTUAL violence is a bit too soon imo because if that WAS random we might just be calling attention to ourselves for no reason.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18827 on: September 30, 2013, 07:00:28 pm »

(("Excuse me! Sir? Dear coloured individual
I require your attention, please, give me a visual.
My warning for your impending doom these words
they constitute,
Because I'm using my firearm on you,
you prostitute."

Seriously though, you can pull off clean rap. Rap is essentially poetry. It can be anything.
What you can't pull off without looking ridiculous is clean gangsta rap.))

((But has there ever been someone successfully using rap to tell a tale of rage and/or despair without using expletives? I have nothing against clean rap, it's just that I think it's incorrect to assume that because something is profanity-laden means it has no sophistication and education value at all. For example:

"Automated voter are the subsequent heavy seller
In the pool of undecided registry
Because they don't give a fuck about the findings on a troop surge
It's a moot point
What have you heard?

Bumbling idiots for news correspondents see the desperate need to form a new foreign policy
Yet they give their credence to the pro-war pandering
As we all squabble over Saturn's rings

Regimented doubletalk undercuts the pertinence
Of our corporate heads trying to run away with tax cuts
In their vestables, the evangelicals are tent-poles
Begging the Head of State,
"Deregulate the gross!"

Happy ever after
Benefactors all settle matters
The senate gathers to celebrate the fat fuck's
Inability to give a single solitary hoot
About the proletariat
Their merriment is gross"

As a bonus, this is all rapped using Mozart's Piano Sonata #11, in A Minor.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18828 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:46 pm »

((I think an AVATAR OF FUCKING WAR crashing through the wall like some giant armor plated cool-aid man, and proceeding to murder the everliving fuck out of some sods may have attracted a little attention. Plus all those civilians had to go somewhere right?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18829 on: September 30, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »

-catwoman transformation-
((Some of those things will need brain alterations. Lets hope the Doctor doesn't take any liberties. Just in case, make sure none of your teammates carry balls of string.
Lyra is leaving herself at the hands of the Doctor. That's strange for a woman who doesn't trust easily. Except if she's accepted her fate and is like "Might as well try."
Looks like one could improve on the feline design a bit. Let's hope the Doctor doesn't decide to test those improvements on you.
You forgot the ability to purr.
I guess that modified MK1 could be called a catsuit. It will probably make you look like an alien.))
((good thoughts. and as for trusting the doc, Lyra's actually never had any trouble from him, and trusts his assistant, Maurice, completely. toss in... other stuff that was discussed earlier. and you get the decision. anyways, edited my list to add the ability to purr, although it's not a big deal to me, especially since Lyra isn't likely to use it much. but it would pique her sense of humor.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18830 on: September 30, 2013, 07:27:14 pm »

Charles remotely operates his turret, firing at any sods that it has an acceptable chance of hitting. He also prepares a speech to confuse the Sods.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18831 on: September 30, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »

Charles remotely operates his turret, firing at any sods that it has an acceptable chance of hitting. He also prepares a speech to confuse the Sods.
((I don't know why, but when I first saw this I thought you were remotely operating your FOOT to fire at sods :P
FOOTCANNONGO!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18832 on: September 30, 2013, 07:34:51 pm »

((Thank you for posting that, if you didn't I wouldn't have noticed that I hit Quote rather than Modify.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18833 on: September 30, 2013, 07:40:12 pm »

Ask AM/Doc (Whoever's least busy) if a red flare is standard practice for UWM forces, and what it signals. Then lower helmet visor, ramp up zoom and look at window.

((Also people, maybe less of you should deal with the flare and more should deal with the window the flare came from? Just keep in mind it might be civilian.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18834 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:43 pm »

If the doc wants to add or change things, I'm fully willing to consider them, but I want the option to say no on a per-item basis.

((Pretty sure the doc doesn't do line-item veto... though I'm also fairly sure no one has custom ordered a body before when paying with tokens.))

Seriously though, you can pull off clean rap. Rap is essentially poetry. It can be anything.

((My uncle called Johnny Cash the original rapper.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18835 on: September 30, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »

I am extremely torn between changing the title of the thread to "Alcohol squared" or "Homeopathic Doses of Violence."
((Even though you already changed the title, I'm going to point out that many homeopathics, especially the earlier ones, prescribed very small doses, sometimes so small that you could count the molecules in a dose, if there were any. So, homeopathic doses of violence would be less like what the HMRC does and more like shooting a pillow out of a cannon in the general direction of someone several hundred thousand away.))
((Just as the dosage determines the poison, so does the nature of the recipient determine the homeopathic dose. A massive, broken governing system is going to take quite a bit of violence to fix.))
((My point was that homeopathic doses are very, very small.))

((Anyways...CatLyra. Have you asked for enhanced hearing, reflexes, and tongue raspiness? That's about all that comes to mind.))

((And I'm game to try a clean rap some time when I have time and a rap prompt.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18836 on: September 30, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »

((Don't forget a poor sense of grammar combined with the ability to be photographed in amusing situations.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18837 on: September 30, 2013, 09:29:32 pm »

((There was a time period where raps were totally clean and you could still be a cool urban dude.

But the 80's are long gone.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18838 on: September 30, 2013, 09:32:04 pm »

The 80's are long gone.

(More's the pity. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1254 1255 [1256] 1257 1258 ... 2101