_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5783061 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18795 on: September 30, 2013, 01:28:40 am »

((And with good reason. You'd scare people))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18796 on: September 30, 2013, 06:36:32 am »

((And with good reason. You'd scare people))

((You'll never comprehend the struggle.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18797 on: September 30, 2013, 06:40:26 am »

((...I think I'm loving your reference skills Radio.
Yeah.))

((I can make a lot of references too! But Toady said I'm not allowed to make those references anymore. :<))
((Technically you're only not allowed to reference minorities and such with offensive terms. It'd make rapping really hard to do it nonslurringly, but it could be done.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18798 on: September 30, 2013, 07:20:16 am »

((Technically you're only not allowed to reference minorities and such with offensive terms. It'd make rapping really hard to do it nonslurringly, but it could be done.))
((Pff, I've heard good raps which don't make use of vulgar or swear words against any minority and they're darn well performed! Only thing is that the general public (Or so I perceive from my years indulged in musical observation) leans more on...those kinds of rap. >_>))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18799 on: September 30, 2013, 11:21:58 am »

Charles attempts to break out of the locker without using his explosive unit. He also bangs on the side of the locker to create as much noise as possible. He also tries to shake off the strange eldritch laughter he hears and break free of the string of bold text compelling him shake off the laughter.
((Can someone free Charles so he can contribute five tokens to the KAWIIIfication?))

Charles attempts to break out of the locker without using his explosive unit. He also bangs on the side of the locker to create as much noise as possible. He also tries to shake off the strange eldritch laughter he hears and break free of the string of bold text compelling him shake off the laughter.
((Can someone free Charles so he can contribute five tokens to the KAWIIIfication?))

FREE CHARLES 2013.

Contribute additionally to the cause so that Lyra is a kitty.

(charles only has 3 tokens, but I'll put them towards the "Turn Lyra into a kitten" fund. Together with 2 from May we've got 5. Only 2 more to go.)

May, showing a strange amount of compassion for something that isn't phallic and attached to Thomas, releases Charles and they both pay a few tokens to the collection Plate that Maurice is carrying around.

Ask Steve if all this video of the shenanigans would be worth something on the market.

>Maybe, But I'd prefer that this new rebellion force of ours projects an image of competence, not boredom, addiction, murder and self mutilation. So this particular video isn't the sort of thing I'm gonna let out.

"Hey hey, guys! I'm starting to get the idea that eating pills randomly isn't a good idea!"

Dance over to Grate. Hand him the pill machine.

"Urgh... I think you can have this, Grate! Try not to eat any of the pills yourself, though! At least, not until you know what they do! And don't give the thing to any crazies, yes?"

After this is done, walk over to infirmary and submit for treatment! Hope that these good will rolls I've been getting keep me lucid and in control.
[end:2]
You fall to your knees, your left arm numb and your mind hazy and confused. You really can't breathe.

Oh dear. That's cool, but I'd rather do it to other people, sexy knife.

Pick up hand, head over to infirmary and see if I can get it sown back on or something. If sexy knife gives me murderous urges when around the doctor, go murder the walls or something. NOT the doctor.
[will:6+1]
You pick up your hand and jam it back up against the stump. You hold it there for several seconds and, with a little bit of a sucking sound it seems to heal almost instantly. Coolio.

"Hey guys, this knife seems like it would be really really good for doing surgery and stuff, but it also makes me want to murder and cut and maim all the time. I mean, like more then normal even. Someone might want to like, knock it out of my hand if I start trying to cut my own head off or something. You know. Just throwing that out there."

Continue conversing with AM:
((Dangit, why are voices of reason trying to stop the kid from playing with dangerous space magic?))
"Well, I'm not really good with any weapons...and if I don't have any weapons, it seems like I'm going to be in a lot more danger than an amp or something is gonna put me in. Right?
"Do you have any other suggestions?"

Chat with Sensai.
((So...manipulators are the other main kind of space magic. The big downside I'm seeing is battery life--I'd need to constantly spend tokens to keep magicking. On the other hand, Grate's Intelligence is already pretty good. So: Fellow HMRC members, do you rhink manipulators would be better for Grate than amps?))
"You're not good with any kind of weapon? None of them? What about Auxiliary systems?"
"I'm not terrible with them..."
"...Do you have any suggestions for auxiliary systems I could use?"

"Urgh... I think you can have this, Grate! Try not to eat any of the pills yourself, though! At least, not until you know what they do! And don't give the thing to any crazies, yes?"
After this is done, walk over to infirmary...
"Yay! Thanks!"
Accept machine.

What???? that man just non-chalantly cut his own hand off, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT NORMAL
((It's not normal, it's Xan.))

You take the pill machine out of Stacy's convulsing hand. Yay! Pills here!

Buy ten claymores and hide them inside beer crates, two at the hole Miyamoto made, pointing inside the building, two at the front of each of the defensive walls, and keep two. Mark all the detonators with the location of the claymores so there is less of a chance of detonating the ones behind our lines. Then enter voidspace and update the markers for the walls. Shout hello into the void.

((I've waved. Time to see if it waves back.))
You don't have any tokens. Did you want to take it from the group fund? If so, just say so and we'll assume you already did it this turn.

You update the markers in voidspace and attempt to yell a greeting. It doesn't say anything back.

STEPHEN HAWKING chuckles lightly upon noticing the predicament of Xan.

((How to stop teamkilling? Give someone the Emo Knife.
I just imagine Xan was singing along to Linkin Park while chopping his hand off))
His flesh was the closest. Don't stick your dick near Xan.

For a variety of reasons.

Wait Patiently
5 of 7 tokens gathered. You're almost a catgirl. Do me a favor though. Write out a nice bulleted list of what you want for your new kawii form.

. . .

Insulate against electricity.
Go check on whatever Lyra got back on the gangway..
If its missing, try to track down where it went.

You get yourself a pair of rubber boots before heading out to the gangway and looking around. You find Lyra's...uh...remains, but don't find the sandbag with them.

"ALRIGHT!" You shout, pulling out your rifle. "Whoever took the sandbag has till the count of ten to bring it back or I start giving Indian burns and pink bellies. NO ONE WILL BE SPARED!"

"Sounds good, but, is it possible to just... Layer some of the stealth materials onto my armor? Or would I need a new set?"
"Nah, we could even spray you down in something that distorts light to make you less visible. Not invisible, mind, but much less visible."

"Exotics?! eugh this goes back to the scucidal owner"
return sandbag stuff

A shimmering patch of air poots out the sandbag at Feyri's feet.

"YA DAMN STRAIGHT" She yells, flashing gangsigns at the air.

Is anyone else at this choke point?

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
At the farthest forward choke point? There are people near it, but I don't think there's anyone directly with you.

Consider using sheets of cardboard as stationary.

Fashion a gun-shaped piece of cardboard, find a way to holster it or something. Feel significantly safer.
You have no cardboard....

You imagine you have cardboard and then imagine you're fashioning a gun from it.

You imagine you feel much safer now!

((You could say the exact same thing for everything from arsenic to zebrafish.))

(("Everything is poison, there is poison in everything. Only the dose makes a thing not a poison."
-Paracelsus, the father of toxicology-))
((I guess the purpose of the Paracelsus' Sword, then, is to deliver homeopathic doses of violence.))
I am extremely torn between changing the title of the thread to "Alcohol squared" or "Homeopathic Doses of Violence."

FREE CHARLES 2013.

Contribute additionally to the cause so that Lyra is a kitty.

(charles only has 3 tokens, but I'll put them towards the "Turn Lyra into a kitten" fund. Together with 2 from May we've got 5. Only 2 more to go.)

May, showing a strange amount of compassion for something that isn't phallic and attached to Thomas, releases Charles and they both pay a few tokens to the collection Plate that Maurice is carrying around.

Ask Steve if all this video of the shenanigans would be worth something on the market.

>Maybe, But I'd prefer that this new rebellion force of ours projects an image of competence, not boredom, addiction, murder and self mutilation. So this particular video isn't the sort of thing I'm gonna let out.

"Hey hey, guys! I'm starting to get the idea that eating pills randomly isn't a good idea!"

After this is done, walk over to infirmary and submit for treatment! Hope that these good will rolls I've been getting keep me lucid and in control.
[end:2]
You fall to your knees, your left arm numb and your mind hazy and confused. You really can't breathe.

Oh dear. That's cool, but I'd rather do it to other people, sexy knife.

Pick up hand, head over to infirmary and see if I can get it sown back on or something. If sexy knife gives me murderous urges when around the doctor, go murder the walls or something. NOT the doctor.
[will:6+1]
You pick up your hand and jam it back up against the stump. You hold it there for several seconds and, with a little bit of a sucking sound it seems to heal almost instantly. Coolio.

"Hey guys, this knife seems like it would be really really good for doing surgery and stuff, but it also makes me want to murder and cut and maim all the time. I mean, like more then normal even. Someone might want to like, knock it out of my hand if I start trying to cut my own head off or something. You know. Just throwing that out there."

Continue conversing with AM:
((Dangit, why are voices of reason trying to stop the kid from playing with dangerous space magic?))
"Well, I'm not really good with any weapons...and if I don't have any weapons, it seems like I'm going to be in a lot more danger than an amp or something is gonna put me in. Right?
"Do you have any other suggestions?"

Chat with Sensai.
((So...manipulators are the other main kind of space magic. The big downside I'm seeing is battery life--I'd need to constantly spend tokens to keep magicking. On the other hand, Grate's Intelligence is already pretty good. So: Fellow HMRC members, do you rhink manipulators would be better for Grate than amps?))
"You're not good with any kind of weapon? None of them? What about Auxiliary systems?"
"I'm not terrible with them..."
"...Do you have any suggestions for auxiliary systems I could use?"

After this is done, walk over to infirmary...
"Yay! Thanks!"
Accept machine.

What???? that man just non-chalantly cut his own hand off, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT NORMAL
((It's not normal, it's Xan.))

You take the pill machine out of Stacy's convulsing hand. Yay! Pills here!

Buy ten claymores and hide them inside beer crates, two at the hole Miyamoto made, pointing inside the building, two at the front of each of the defensive walls, and keep two. Mark all the detonators with the location of the claymores so there is less of a chance of detonating the ones behind our lines. Then enter voidspace and update the markers for the walls. Shout hello into the void.

((I've waved. Time to see if it waves back.))
You don't have any tokens. Did you want to take it from the group fund? If so, just say so and we'll assume you already did it this turn.

You update the markers in voidspace and attempt to yell a greeting. It doesn't say anything back.

STEPHEN HAWKING chuckles lightly upon noticing the predicament of Xan.

((How to stop teamkilling? Give someone the Emo Knife.
I just imagine Xan was singing along to Linkin Park while chopping his hand off))
His flesh was the closest. Don't stick your dick near Xan.

For a variety of reasons.

Wait Patiently
5 of 7 tokens gathered. You're almost a catgirl. Do me a favor though. Write out a nice bulleted list of what you want for your new kawii form.

. . .

Insulate against electricity.
Go check on whatever Lyra got back on the gangway..
If its missing, try to track down where it went.

You get yourself a pair of rubber boots before heading out to the gangway and looking around. You find Lyra's...uh...remains, but don't find the sandbag with them.

"ALRIGHT!" You shout, pulling out your rifle. "Whoever took the sandbag has till the count of ten to bring it back or I start giving Indian burns and pink bellies. NO ONE WILL BE SPARED!"

"Sounds good, but, is it possible to just... Layer some of the stealth materials onto my armor? Or would I need a new set?"
"Nah, we could even spray you down in something that distorts light to make you less visible. Not invisible, mind, but much less visible."

"Exotics?! eugh this goes back to the scucidal owner"
return sandbag stuff

A shimmering patch of air poots out the sandbag at Feyri's feet.

"YA DAMN STRAIGHT" She yells, flashing gangsigns at the air.

Is anyone else at this choke point?

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

At the farthest forward choke point? There are people near it, but I don't think there's anyone directly with you.

Consider using sheets of cardboard as stationary.

Fashion a gun-shaped piece of cardboard, find a way to holster it or something. Feel significantly safer.
You have no cardboard....

You imagine you have cardboard and then imagine you're fashioning a gun from it.

You imagine you feel much safer now!

((You could say the exact same thing for everything from arsenic to zebrafish.))

(("Everything is poison, there is poison in everything. Only the dose makes a thing not a poison."
-Paracelsus, the father of toxicology-))
((I guess the purpose of the Paracelsus' Sword, then, is to deliver homeopathic doses of violence.))
I am extremely torn between changing the title of the thread to "Alcohol squared" or "Homeopathic Doses of Violence."

Interesting

Out of bullet time and back to where I was. Prepare to enter BT if something happens. Look for the book that AM had sent to me and keep reading from where I stopped. Send a message to Doc and to AM.

Quote from: to Doc and to AM
Can you tell me about the Shadow Walkers? Do you know about them?
You return to your post.
They're the UWM elite special forces. Assassins, infiltrators, spies. Why do you ask?

Oops. Didn't post an action.

Help Stacy to the med-bay if is unable to do so alone.
You drag Stacy to the infirmary and hand him off to the nurses at just about the time where his heart failure knocks him unconscious.

((Pff, I've heard good raps which don't make use of vulgar or swear words against any minority and they're darn well performed! Only thing is that the general public (Or so I perceive from my years indulged in musical observation) leans more on...those kinds of rap. >_>))

Careful what you say Feyri. Xan's gonna cap ya. And then drop a microphone on your corpse.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18800 on: September 30, 2013, 11:25:35 am »

As everyone goes about their normal business of fucking about, something happens.

One of the windows a few stories up from the gangway breaks open a little bit. A moment later a signal flare, burning blindingly red and leaving a trail of smoke behind it, arcs out of the hole and over the gangway.

Huh.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18801 on: September 30, 2013, 11:26:52 am »

"Here they come!"

get ready to shoot any sods that appear.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18802 on: September 30, 2013, 11:34:57 am »

((So, severely edited scenes it is. Like the video of a man heroically saving an unconscious little girl from a burning house. Or the evacuation of the sharkmist colony.))
One of the windows a few stories up from the gangway breaks open a little bit. A moment later a signal flare, burning blindingly red and leaving a trail of smoke behind it, arcs out of the hole and over the gangway.
((Here comes the orbital bombardment...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18803 on: September 30, 2013, 11:43:09 am »

Simple! Don't breathe, at least not more than strictly necessary. Instead, patiently await treatment.

Dream of wondrous alchemy. If somebody asks, I wouldn't really mind getting a robot body, just sayin'. After all, if the ticker gives out semi-naturally, there's only so much you can do with it from there on in, right?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:19:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18804 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING re-calculates how he would have to amp-hit certain crates to hit things from the source of the disturbance

((Also pretty cool something I said was nominated for thread title, even if there was something way better right next to it :P))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:03:38 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Alcohol Squared
« Reply #18805 on: September 30, 2013, 12:50:15 pm »

((Even though you already changed the title, I'm going to point out that many homeopathics, especially the earlier ones, prescribed very small doses, sometimes so small that you could count the molecules in a dose, if there were any. So, homeopathic doses of violence would be less like what the HMRC does and more like shooting a pillow out of a cannon in the general direction of someone several hundred thousand away.))

As everyone goes about their normal business of fucking about, something happens.

Huh.
Assuming Grate is nearby:
Grab the flare and throw it back out the window.
((The flare apparently didn't even hit the ship. I misread.))
If this is not lethal, continue trying to ask the AM for advice on auxiliary systems that would make Grate useful. If token(s) are still needed for Lyra's catgirl fund and the flare has not blown Grate to bits, donate a token or two.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 02:59:37 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18806 on: September 30, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »

"Incoming!!"

Freeze the flare.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18807 on: September 30, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »

((Even though you already changed the title, I'm going to point out that many homeopathics, especially the earlier ones, prescribed very small doses, sometimes so small that you could count the molecules in a dose, if there were any. So, homeopathic doses of violence would be less like what the HMRC does and more like shooting a pillow out of a cannon in the general direction of someone several hundred thousand away.))

Huh.
Assuming Grate is nearby:
Grab the flare and throw it back out the window.
If this is not lethal, continue trying to ask the AM for advice on auxiliary systems that would make Grate useful. If token(s) are still needed for Lyra's catgirl fund and the flare has not blown Grate to bits, donate a token or two.
((...))
"Incoming!!"

Freeze the flare.

((...))
Grab the flare
Freeze the flare.
((...))
((In other news, friendly fire isn't very friendly.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18808 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:14 pm »

"Oh goddamnit, I thought this would be easy. Just for once."
"It's starting, lemme get the popcorn"
"Beep boop, how typical. The fleshling calls for assistance"

Attempt to redirect the flare back into the window with amp if there's still time. Get into solid cover and be ready to deflect incoming fire back to the sender with my  amp.

((I'm pretty sure he means one of those flares you shoot up into the air, right?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18809 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »

((Look on the bright side, Lenglon: No matter what, someone is going to deal with the flares! Or it could end with everyone dead, the Sword in flames, and I've lost my hat. Which would be a bad plan.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1252 1253 [1254] 1255 1256 ... 2101