_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5786922 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23955 on: February 21, 2014, 04:51:04 pm »

((the ship was probably too much albiet I though that the civilian populace would jump at the chance for such a.... yeah I totally agree))
Spoiler: LEVEL OP! (click to show/hide)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #23956 on: February 21, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »

((Didn't level up and Pancaek was with Simus  the entire time. :'( Oh well.))

((Speaking of, did Simus not get anything from her timeskip action? Or did you count the VR thing as that, you kinda stated it like it was a forgone conclusion.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23957 on: February 21, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »

Team F Blobfish

Xan awaits from the hibernation he'd put himself in for the remaining time.

So it begins. Once more into the fray, it would appear.

Suit up with my equipment, head over to the rally point.

Provided we survive, I expect you to deliver me the token you owe me.

((It wouldn't be too incongruous to assume I'm still the dragon thing, right?))

Spoiler: Xan Quicksheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:47:12 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23958 on: February 21, 2014, 05:33:12 pm »

Team F: Blobfish

"Right, you heard the brain! Auron, Dominika, Lerman, Xan, assemble at the rally point. Since we have some newbies, I'm gonna pair ya off. Dominika, you're with Auron, Lerman, you're with me. Xan, take whatever form suits your fancy, and go easy on the amps. Don't want you vaporising us. Same with you Dominika. Miyamoto, anywhere in particular you want us to go?"

Get the team together at the rally point, and make sure we got all the Sods too. If Miyamoto has a specific area in mind for us, get the team moving in that direction.

((It begins.))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:58:42 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23959 on: February 21, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »

Very well. I've aquired a mass manipulator amp in the past year, so you know.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #23960 on: February 21, 2014, 05:35:32 pm »

Team D "Marabou"

Felix, having gotten his equipment in order this morning, heads to his team's rally point.

(The Man-Nip is in his locker, along with his tokens. The rest of 'his' possessions are with him.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:02:33 pm by swordsmith04 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23961 on: February 21, 2014, 05:38:35 pm »

"Great. Try not to crush us all."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23962 on: February 21, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »

"*sigh* Looks like our discussion will have to wait."
Charles heads to his rally point and examines the surrounding area.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23963 on: February 21, 2014, 05:49:35 pm »

----Post for Radio Controlled, as he currently has no acces to the internet. He'll be back by monday, if I'm not mistaken--
Miyamoto opens a comm channel to all ARM personnel, and begins his speech.

Well then men, here we are.

We’ve had a whole year to prepare, to train and study and practice for this battle. Let us hope that at least some of you didn’t just spend the year jacking off or counting your toes.

For too long has the UWM been allowed to fester and grow like a cancer. Today we take a stand, today we will show them that their rule is over. Every single one of you is victim of their oppressive regime, simply by virtue of having been thrown into the 'corps. Some of you have even been sentenced to this existance while having done nothing wrong. But here, on Hephaestus, we will stand against them. For those who have fallen, and for all that we've lost. Make no mistake, we will win. We are the ARM, we are the remnants of the HMRC, we have leveled cities and ventured into the depths of the hellish nightmares they were too afraid to go. There is nothing they can throw that you cannot destroy, one way or another. Of that I am certain.

Now, before they start raining down upon us, I’m gonna lay down a few rules for this battle. These aren’t optional, by the way.

-Whatever happens, you only communicate within your team. Your team leader will then tell me or Steve what is going on, and we will respond to that. This is because I honestly don’t need 20 different people shouting for help at once, wars are confusing enough as they are already, so keep the comm channels clear.
-Team leaders: you will have quite some freedom in how exactly you handle a situation, so don’t expect me to babysit any of you all the time. But if you’re really in a pickle you can always ask Steve or me for advice. That said, I do expect you to follow your orders, so if you can’t hold the line, don’t just turn tail and run but inform Steve or me, then do an orderly retreat.
-When needed, the team leaders will give orders to their various sods or robots. Other team members are allowed to order them around, but team leader’s orders take precedence, to avoid confusion.
-If a team leader gets incapacitated for whatever reason, a team should quickly decide amongst itself who will take over and inform me, so we can maintain chain of command.
-In the event that there is any, loot shall be divided as follows (note that these are Steve’s rules, don’t come complaining to me): what you kill is yours, everything else goes into the team fund. Everything else. Yes, this includes stuff you find on the UWM ships. Oh, and about those: remember we are to capture those ships, not scuttle them, so contain your looting urges. If I find out people have been playing magpie instead of doing their job, they will find themselves without payment for this mission.
-Sod equipment is to be returned to Steve at mission end. Yes, even when the sod in question is dead. This to prevent people using their troops as meat shields so they could claim their weapons.

-((Also, please always add to what team you belong at the top of your post. Just a little something to help out PW with keeping track of things. Just your name and team will do, but if you want you could add a little extra info, like where your character currently is or what he’s doing. Also, people who are team leaders should mention this, in case of conflicting orders for sods or something.
For example:
‘Miyamoto, team C leader, northwest bunker, shooting enemy sods’))

((Pancaek speaking: Well, Radio asked me to put in a bit of a heroic part into his speech, but I'm really bad at these sorts of things. The first two sentences and the bullet pointed stuff is what he gave me before he left for the weekend. If anything pressing comes up that needs his input I'll try and contact him, but no promises on quick replies or anything))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23964 on: February 21, 2014, 06:00:32 pm »

repeatedly charge a dynamic bonus and attempt to combine the 3 broken gauss rifles into a single powerful gauss barrel integrated into my heavy pulse laser.

Remove the superfluous magnesium coating from my thermic lance rounds (gau-8 + ap tip), check price.

Wear "green boxing gloves" (preferably over the exosuit gloves if it wont tear them), test punch a wall.

Spend the rest of the timeskip tinkering with my exosuit in order to get the +1 end bonus of combat exosuits and trying to increase the number of times i can use a manipulator before resting.

Oh and make sure to give NAV his items back if i havent already.

I think you mised me PW :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:56:07 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23965 on: February 21, 2014, 06:03:07 pm »

Team D

Make sure I got all my stuff back from Auron. Get six molotovs and a roll of duct tape from the armory. Join Felix at the rally point. Smoke a bluesmoke.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 09:23:31 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #23966 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:36 pm »

Team Platypus hacker, Steve Saint, on ship

Saint sat on the edge of his bunk and silently listened to Miyamoto's speech.  After it completes, he heaved a deep sigh and hung his head for several seconds.  When he raised his face, it had a determined scowl.

He got up, and started walking towards the hanger to suit up while typing a message out on his wristpad.

Quote from: From Steve Saint to Team Platypus (Pancaek, Stacy and both Jacks)
This is Steve Saint, reporting in.  Everyone, this is your wake up alarm, let's get to the southern bunker now.  That means you too Jack, you don't get special priority just because you're in a battle bot.

After Steve suits up, he quickly heads to the armory and quickly buys an emergency kit.  Then he heads to the southern bunker and begins inspecting it- making sure the strange machine he got for christmas is still there, and connecting his wristpad to the cameras.  Finally, he charges a dynamic AUX bonus. 

After he finishes with his inspection, he texts Miyamoto.

Quote from: Steve Saint to Miyamoto De Bergerac
Your speech mentioned limiting communications between teams, to keep our channels clear.  However, you are a frontline combatant, AND our senior tactical advisor; I would think it prudent to select someone to be mission control, so that they can listen to all the chatter and filter the important tactical information to you.

Of course I recommend myself, as I'm team Platypus' medic, and we're manning the heaviest defenses- I have very little that I have to do.  But even if you don't want me, I really think you should consider appointing someone to the position.

((Wagh, I thought we'd get a few turns right before the invasion to get familiar with defenses and practice with sods.  Augh.

Also, carploads of character development happened for Saint off-screen.  I'm assuming that he had the time to look through all the old missions and make a roster of other ARM personnel.  So, Saint at least knows of everyone, even if he doesn't know them.

Also, he almost certainly would have popped by the propaganda booth at some point.  And I feel like his first meeting with Lars would be... interesting.  Toaster, could I interest you in retroactive roleplay?

Lastly, FOR EVERYONE:  THIS LINK CONTAINS ALL THE MISSION STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW.  READ IT.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23967 on: February 21, 2014, 07:31:28 pm »

Head to E rally point. Also spend my remaining 1 token on something like grenades or maybe some conventional plastic explosive.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23968 on: February 21, 2014, 07:33:08 pm »

Skylar, Team C 'Anglerfish' Support, Shipyard

Alright... and so it begins.

He'd suited up and walked out to the Blackship last night, and slept there instead of the Sword. Comfort of an old friend, he supposed. The poor ship had been beat up more than he had, but he'd seen it through. Shaking away those thoughts, he consulted his datapad for the battle assignments.

Right... Miyamoto, do you want a transport on site at bunker C? Or should I just gather up the kid and meet you there?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23969 on: February 21, 2014, 07:42:32 pm »

Team B - en route to team C bunker

Pancaek start heading outside, mentally making an email. ((have I ever said how cool I find it that robobieded poeple don't need to type on their wristpad to send mails? ))

Quote from: Pancaek -> Stacy, both jacks, and steve saint
Allright platypus squad, gather at our rally point, the bunker just south of the battery defences.

I also want an overview of what equipment you currently have and what you can bring to the table skill-wise. In jack's case, I want to know what kind of weapons clunkbot has.

And remember what General De Bergerac said, no nagging his ear off. If you've got a problem, you can comm me.

Make haste for Team B rally point in the bunker. Asses distance from the laser defences to the bunker. WHile I'm going there, inspect the steve-bot. Also, see if I can smuggle the gauss pistol and the extra guass clips out of the briefcase from last mission.
Pages: 1 ... 1596 1597 [1598] 1599 1600 ... 2101