Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239561 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Release & Scion
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2013, 03:58:47 pm »

Its a boomeranging projectile melee attack (not a spell, cast speed does nothing for it and it has normal attack accuracy) you get as the first gem a scion gets. Can be boosted by weapon damage, phys damage, and non-bow projectile modifiers, but has no fork or chain chance due to 100% pierce chance. Higher attack speed throws it out farther.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2013, 04:06:39 pm »

Neat, my stuff hasn't been wiped.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 27, 2013, 03:53:33 am »

Game looks so much nicer than it did the last time I played. I finally threw them $20 and bought out all my custom stash slots. I figure after all the hours of entertainment I've gotten out of the game, I owe them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 28, 2013, 09:54:06 am »

So, I think I'm in love with my Scion.

Maybe it's just the comparison between last playing my Merciless character and then going to Normal but....

Oh my god she is a BEAST. I grabbed all the good passives around the center so she's a balanced spellcaster/melee atm....

And I'm just demolishing. Put her in mail (Armor/Energy Shield), have a crap load health regen, life on hit, clarity, increased duration and aoe, melee splash attached to Heavy Strike, Increased Projectile Speed for Spectral Weapon......(which actually not only makes it fly faster but also go FARTHER as well....), Ice Nova, Firestorm....

So basically every single one of my attacks is AoE. Bound to my left mouse button, AoE Heavy Strike just flattens whole packs of guys in one swing. Spectral Weapon chews through incoming waves like a lawn mower, flying so far I can hit mobs off screen in large numbers. Animate Weapon lets me have weapons following for up to 60 seconds at a time (in which case I can get about 6 of them going) Firestorm for when things get really out of hand....

I mean, she's like Joan of Arc on steroids, she does it all. Ranged, Melee, Magic, Tanking. Piety is in for a world of hurt.

I'm sure the honeymoon will end short once I start Cruel, but right now I don't think I've kicked this much ass with any character, not even my Life On Hit Cyclone Marauder.  At this rate, I don't even feel like I want to play my Witch character anymore, other than for having a dedicated Fire Mage casting Firestorm. Kicking myself that I started my Scion in the Domination League, as it will be months before she can rejoin my other characters/play with my other friends.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:05 am »

I've been playing PoE ever since you could purchase beta access. Such a good game. I've been taking breaks not to be burnt out... and to be honest, when playing hardcore characters, you NEED a break after a while :P

I downloaded it on Steam now that it's available, and made a new character. And damn, I am impressed with how far the game has come. Everything looks better, and the game is so damn responsive. It even handles lag fairly well, which is important for hardcore.

I mean, she's like Joan of Arc on steroids, she does it all. Ranged, Melee, Magic, Tanking. Piety is in for a world of hurt.

I may have to try the Scion; I don't know anything about her yet, but it's hard to break my addiction to speedy speedy bowgirl.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:55 am »

Also somewhat important for hardcore, Cognitive: /oos if you think you're desynced.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 28, 2013, 11:30:53 am »

Also somewhat important for hardcore, Cognitive: /oos if you think you're desynced.

Is that option enabled again? I remember it being disabled due to server stress ages ago.

I haven't had that issue yet. I mostly play POE and similar ARPGs in short bursts nowadays, so that may be helping.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 28, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »

I've been slogging through Normal with a summoner/witch, mainly due to the fact that this game's equipment customization reminds me heavily of Diablo 2 Median XL, and summoners are decent first characters due to not being as gear dependent.

The only issue I've encountered so far is the lack of a Summon Skeleton or Spell Totem drop, so I may need to see if some friends have these, as my zombies die fairly quickly, and the revenant I grab can't last very long without something tanking for it.

Of course, I do have Wrath and more recently the Conductivity curse, which made things easier for a while, but I feel I need something that doesn't require corpses in order to tank for me better and progress a bit further, especially on boss fights.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:49 pm »

Summon Skeletons is a fairly early quest reward, I think you get it from Brutus?
Spell Totem, I have no idea where it is and if it drops or not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 28, 2013, 09:43:18 pm »

Summon Skeletons is a fairly early quest reward, I think you get it from Brutus?

Yup, reward from Brutus for Templar/Shadow/Witch/Scion in Normal.

Spell Totem, I have no idea where it is and if it drops or not.

Available as a quest reward from Merveil in Cruel, for Templar/Shadow/Marauder/Witch/Scion.

Data grabbed from ze wiki on Curse's network...  Standard caveats apply for a community-maintained wiki just after a major patch.

-----

Astral, which league are you in with your Witch?  I have a tidy pile of stuff in Standard, I may almost assuredly have toys to spare.

The Median XL tones are not a coincidence....  Brother Laz was involved with some unique item stuff for sure, maybe more.

-----

Has anything happened on the guild discussion?  Is we gonna do dis?  :D?
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:43 pm »

I'd certainly be interested, I've got quite a few bits of stuff in normal too.

Domination on the other hand, seems to really like dropping gems on me that I don't want ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 29, 2013, 12:07:47 am »

I also have a bunch of spare gems saved up in Standard. Used to have more, but I gave away 1.5 pages of them shortly after release.

You need character name instead of account name to add friends; recently I've been playing as Yves_TaleChaser, a Scion summoner.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2013, 03:06:47 am »

I'm in... Domination, I think it is? Where monsters get shrine effects before you pop it, making it a little more fun when you find out that there are 5 special mobs and a rare, named one camping around it. That's in the America servers.

I had a point where I didn't notice the summon skeleton shrine nearby, and it kept spawning stuff on me until I died, noticed it as I was wondering what the hell happened.

I know I saw Summon Skeleton somewhere around the early levels, but I figured I'd do better with Firestorm, having some AoE to help my minions out. And I was mostly right, I think, because I wouldn't have made it past the Act 1 boss without a lot of kiting around a wall into my Firestorm.

I wouldn't worry about it too much at the moment though, as I've gotten into a Battlefield 4 obsession with the release. Maybe some other time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:33:20 am by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 29, 2013, 07:46:28 am »

Firestorm is pretty awesome and I'd agree with using it, but you need to get summon skeles if you're going to do summoner. Otherwise you lose about half the use of all the minion passives you pick up.

As for domination, I have very few things there, but Alterixia the Scion is there if you want backup. I'm Aklyon in standard.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 29, 2013, 08:25:23 am »

I know I saw Summon Skeleton somewhere around the early levels, but I figured I'd do better with Firestorm, having some AoE to help my minions out. And I was mostly right, I think, because I wouldn't have made it past the Act 1 boss without a lot of kiting around a wall into my Firestorm.

Shock is the most powerful among the elemental statuses; it amplifies damage from all sources by 30% (was tuned down from 40% on release, but it's still awesome), and can be stacked 3 times. There's a notable called Static Blows in upper left that give you more chance to shock for all lightning attacks/spells you use.

Get Static Blows, use Arc and Spark with Elemental Proliferation, then your minions will do a lot more damage.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100