Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239607 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Release & Scion
« Reply #435 on: November 01, 2013, 10:50:34 am »

I have no luxury to accept death, I'm attempting to top Nemesis ladder.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:25 am »

I'm just playing Nemesis so I can learn the game.

No, really. I learn better when I'm under stress like that.

Those fucking exploding squid caught me off guard, though. Nearly died to them, went into the red-character-glow type thingy. Like 40 out of 260 health.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 01, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

Your light radius in dark areas is linked to your current health, btw. Theres a minimum, and also theres a new passive from release which links it to your ES instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 01, 2013, 12:05:21 pm »

Your light radius in dark areas is linked to your current health, btw. Theres a minimum, and also theres a new passive from release which links it to your ES instead.

Huh. That's a cool little something.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 01, 2013, 12:23:10 pm »

Is there a command to stop your character in her tracks? Sometimes I misclick and she goes running off into danger.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 01, 2013, 12:24:58 pm »

Is there a command to stop your character in her tracks? Sometimes I misclick and she goes running off into danger.
Hold down shift. (or whatever yo rebound that too)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 01, 2013, 12:29:23 pm »

How can I rebind it if the command isn't in the binding options menu?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 01, 2013, 12:37:36 pm »

Well I haven't looked for it, so I didn't know if you could rebind it or not. I just know that making you stop is shift.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 02, 2013, 01:34:46 pm »

Is it just me, or does currency seem to drop more when you're soloing than when you're playing with a party?  It seems to be much more lucrative to solo than when I play with my friend.  We went to merciless and I hadn't seen more than 2 Alchemy orbs drop the entire time we played together.  I get to soloing eventually (his character couldn't help me DPS anymore so we basically hit a brick wall) and suddenly I get 2 Alchemy orb drops, 3 Chaos, a Blessed, and an assortment of Blacksmith Whetstones and Armorer's Scraps.  What sorcery is this?

EDIT: If I remember correctly (I probably don't), you can't rebind shift to anything else.  I'm not so sure about that anymore, but it sounds like one of those things that's stuck forever.  If you did somehow rebind it to something else though, you could always put back in Defaults and get shift back to working like shift, and then rebind everything else to your liking.  All depends on how much you really don't want to run into the enemies.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:36:27 pm by Karkov »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 02, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »

Yea, hitting shift on it's own doesn't do it, I also have to click so my guy will attack. I just want a key that'll cancel my movement.

On another note, Necrotank is viable! Especially with ancient guardian, put some useless rares on him and get some life-regen of some kind and he's a beast. I named him James.

'Course, that's with my new friend. I need a solo fucktastic build... Someone give me an idea of something really stupid I can try out~ :D

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 02, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »

Shift doesn't stop you from moving, it makes it to where you stand still to use a skill.  I'm not actually sure if there IS a thing to stop you from running around like a ninny half of the time.  Just clicking the other way might do it.

Fun builds?  Dunno, fun builds seem to get me stuck on Cruel half of the time.  Useful builds are stacking all the life-ups and regens though.  You go from being scared of everything to dashing around under Brutus' feet on Merciless.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 02, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »

I'm playing on Hardcore. As soon as I die, I re-roll.

I don't -care- about making them viable, I just wanna try stuff out~ With that massive skill tree and the active skill gems, it's so fucking flexible that I can't HELP but want to play around with it this way.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 02, 2013, 02:02:27 pm »

Fun builds always tend to die, it's the "stack health and armor" builds that usually end up living late game.  But if you're into !!FUN!! anyway, I can suggest a few builds I guess.

Any Dex based build:  Dodging is cool and all because it makes you miss taking damage.  They're fun, green gems are usually the most interesting anyway (cyclone, viper strike, double strike, all the projectile stuff).

Intelligence builds:  Can do summons or elemental damage stacking.  Using Rain of Fire (or whatever it's named) is really awesome, especially when you crit.  When you crit with that, every instance of damage you do (each fireball that drops on their head) will make the lovely crit sound effect and do the screen shake.  Immensely satisfying.  Stacking ES makes you kind of tanky, it's like adding health without actually adding health!

Strength builds:   Not as fun, much more durable though.  To me, they have the most late-game potential.

!!FUN!!:  Anything with that Chaos Indoctrination (1 health, resistance to Chaos Damage), and possibly something that feeds all of your energy shield into your mana.  Throw them both in the same build and you're probably a masochist or looking for getting the most amount of deaths ever.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 02, 2013, 02:11:06 pm »

!!FUN!!:  Anything with that Chaos Indoctrination (1 health, resistance to Chaos Damage), and possibly something that feeds all of your energy shield into your mana.  Throw them both in the same build and you're probably a masochist or looking for getting the most amount of deaths ever.
Chaos Inoculation + Eldritch Battery + Blood Magic

No health, no skills, no anything. Better up that evade and dodge.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 02, 2013, 03:29:44 pm »

Chaos Inoculation + Eldritch Battery + Blood Magic

No health, no skills, no anything. Better up that evade and dodge.
A prime character for the Cast on Death support gem!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 100