Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 238571 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - The Awakening
« Reply #870 on: April 21, 2015, 11:39:55 am »

As was said early, I'll believe it when I see it. This is the same Dev house that insisted up and down there was no better way to do it, even though PoE's desync issue have persisted long after every other Diablo-clone out there, including Diablo 3, fixed their issues.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:40 am »

Well, I got a message on 28th... downloading CB client right now. I've been busy with other games, so I haven't read a lot about the CB... let me try this first handed.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 30, 2015, 05:16:58 am »

*Bump* I got an extra beta key; anyone interested?

I'm surprised to learn that shotgun mechanics is removed completely; Lots of my standard characters will have to be rebuilt from scratch... I need to get my hands on some gems to see how they perform now. Incinerate, Tornado Shot, Freezing Pulse.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:19:02 am by kcwong »

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 30, 2015, 05:58:51 am »

Yes please!  :)

If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 30, 2015, 08:23:18 am »

Yes please!  :)

I will send you a PM. :)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:23 am »

Tornado Shot will work the same, as it never could shotgun before, as all pure projectile skills cant. But spells dont shotgun anymore (like Freezing Pulse, or fire totem also or how that skill is called), both for players and monsters.

Act 4 is very short. And they will add only 3 more areas on release, so I think it will be the shortest of all the acts (maybe somewhat close to act 1 in beta), but most content rich.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 30, 2015, 10:11:51 am »

I will send you a PM. :)

Huzzah!  Thanks.  :)

I will set the client to DL while I'm on campus today, and give it a go when I get home.  Do you want to join Nist Akath, kcwong?

Act 4 is very short. And they will add only 3 more areas on release, so I think it will be the shortest of all the acts (maybe somewhat close to act 1 in beta), but most content rich.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have some extra areas on the drawing board for a future minor expansion...  it seems like a lot of the work on Awakening has been under-the-hood.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 30, 2015, 11:09:24 am »

I will set the client to DL while I'm on campus today, and give it a go when I get home.  Do you want to join Nist Akath, kcwong?

Is that DF's PoE guild? Sure! My character's name is "LoraonnaTheCursed".

You can copy your standard PoE's Content.ggpk to save time. Start the download from the Beta installation, stop it, replace Content.ggpk, and restart download. It will then only fill in the missing/different files (source: reddit).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 30, 2015, 11:18:16 am »

It is, yep. It even has a bit of guild stash!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 30, 2015, 12:18:03 pm »

Is that DF's PoE guild? Sure! My character's name is "LoraonnaTheCursed".

You can copy your standard PoE's Content.ggpk to save time. Start the download from the Beta installation, stop it, replace Content.ggpk, and restart download. It will then only fill in the missing/different files (source: reddit).

Using up bandwidth is less of an issue, and I literally won't have time to do anything with it until tonight.  I have a rough draft due today, and still a bit of work before it is even worthy of that title.  :P  Thanks anyway...  it may be useful for others when/if they get in.

I sent a friend invite through the main client.  Once you accept that, it should let me invite you to the guild.  I have no idea if guild status carries over to the beta; we'll see later tonight.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 01, 2015, 02:19:48 am »

A dubblepoaster is me!

Fiddling around with the beta this evening...  in the spirit of testing, I've been doing sidequests as I arrive to the areas instead of my usual (run through to Brutus/Merveil, then faceroll the sidequests after the fact).

I have no idea if this info will stay relevant, but I'm gonna list things I've noticed in no particular order.

-----

Act 1 waypoints have been moved around a bit.  The mud flats WP is now in front the entrance to the medicine chest side area.  The submerged passage WP is very near the mud flats door, and appears to be static now.

Submerged passage is one large area now.  (no upper and lower)  They made it a lot twistier; I hit a lot of dead ends.

Flasks have been improved across the board (so far).  Mediums @ L3, Large @ L6, both giving more than they did before.

Early drops have been a riot of color.  Plenty of sockets, plenty of links, and plenty of variety.  I even have several chromatic orbs from selling trash.

The performance displays toggled by F1 have shrunk and changed position.  They no longer overlay game data, and there's a third setting that only shows latency.

Latency in general has been very stable during combat @ about 100ms +-15ms.  (In Tucson, AZ, 6Mbit connection, using the American gateway)  There's been a couple minor pinches of desync so far.

A support gem is offered up prior to fighting Brutus, like it is prior to Merveil in the main game.  Still got a post-kill reward, though the spread was very different than normal.

I have all my purchased stash tabs, but no guild status.

Chatters was slightly less of a jerk than normal.

I have not fiddled with the item filters yet, and probably won't until late Act 2.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 01, 2015, 07:33:51 am »

A dubblepoaster is me!
And I've got your friend invite - it carries over to BETA since we're using the same accounts.

Adding my observations after yours...

Act 1 waypoints have been moved around a bit.  The mud flats WP is now in front the entrance to the medicine chest side area.  The submerged passage WP is very near the mud flats door, and appears to be static now.
Submerged passage is one large area now.  (no upper and lower)  They made it a lot twistier; I hit a lot of dead ends.
They changed areas/WP in act 2 as well - now you have a WP in Riverways.

Early drops have been a riot of color.  Plenty of sockets, plenty of links, and plenty of variety.  I even have several chromatic orbs from selling trash.
I heard people say that drop rates are improved for the beta.

Latency in general has been very stable during combat @ about 100ms +-15ms.  (In Tucson, AZ, 6Mbit connection, using the American gateway)  There's been a couple minor pinches of desync so far.
The network model change is not in beta. I got a near constant 50ms to Singapore server; sometimes it will speed up to 45.

A support gem is offered up prior to fighting Brutus, like it is prior to Merveil in the main game.  Still got a post-kill reward, though the spread was very different than normal.
They are reworking quest rewards; some are still placeholders. If you've been saving up those useless item quest rewards in the main game like me... good things will happen later. :P

Though it's full of trade spam, as usual.

I have not fiddled with the item filters yet, and probably won't until late Act 2.
I have seen how it is programmed, I just have no clue about what I want to see. What I want to see changes over the course of the game anyway, so I'll need multiple filters that I can swap freely.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 01, 2015, 11:12:49 am »

They changed areas/WP in act 2 as well - now you have a WP in Riverways.

I just couldn't keep my eyes open after Brutus... long day.  I should make it to Act 2 this evening.

I heard people say that drop rates are improved for the beta.

Yeah, I'd agree; the quantity and quality in Act 1 have been increased.

The network model change is not in beta. I got a near constant 50ms to Singapore server; sometimes it will speed up to 45.

I'm guessing the beta doesn't have a ton of traffic, so the pings are better even without the new netcode.

Though it's full of trade spam, as usual.

...I meant the Unique cold-based skeleton in Lower Prison. (his name is Chatters)  He used to be a huge hassle, I usually avoid him.

Chat?  Hahahahahah, it was on by default when I logged in, and within 10 seconds there was a D3 troll.  Shut it off, and I never looked back.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:31 am »

...I meant the Unique cold-based skeleton in Lower Prison. (his name is Chatters)  He used to be a huge hassle, I usually avoid him.

Chat?  Hahahahahah, it was on by default when I logged in, and within 10 seconds there was a D3 troll.  Shut it off, and I never looked back.

Doh!

I kept Global on, just switch to /2 where there are less trade spams. People link rare loot there so I like to have a peek.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:54 pm »

Hardcore global one (in non-beta) is alright, they do that a lot, linking rare/unique loot (usually for either price checks or for showing off something they're about to vaal orb. which then usually fails.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 100