Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 238564 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - The Awakening
« Reply #900 on: May 20, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »

Apparently opting into "Awakening Beta" in Steam results in PoE forgetting all your settings. >:(
Fortunately they came back when I opted back out of the beta in Steam.

I've been using the standalone client, and the beta is a completely different install.  That is likely also the case with PoE via Steam, though it's probably obscured.

-----

If anyone wants in to Nist Akath, let me know!  :)
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 20, 2015, 08:42:29 pm »

It appears to use separate config files, but it download 3.2 GB of stuff when I opted in, and another 3.2 when I opted out. So... There's that.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 05, 2015, 06:51:07 am »

So apparently they reworked arctic armor in the beta and people are whining about it. Seemed like it would just drain all of your mana too quickly the last time I'd tried it, so was it actually that useful before?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 05, 2015, 09:04:40 am »

Rarely used it, but my main has a pretty small mana pool for her level, supported by Clarity.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:22 am »

It works right now - you just have to be careful of how much you level it, it isnt one of those skills you just level to 20 and call it a day.

Glad to see this topic popped back up! I'm big into PoE right now, enjoying it a lot. My main is a lvl87 phys tornadoshot ranger, really enjoyable and very powerful. Not to mention cheap - other than my quiver, which is a 5 ex piece I'm borrowing from a friend, the rest of my gear probably only sums up to about 2 ex. I'm excited for the awakening, it'll get me trying new builds! :)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 05, 2015, 12:26:54 pm »

So apparently they reworked arctic armor in the beta and people are whining about it. Seemed like it would just drain all of your mana too quickly the last time I'd tried it, so was it actually that useful before?
Arctic armor is one of the main defense spells most of caster used. You would go high manna regeneration so you can keep it up all the time. People are mainly complaining because the skill was somewhat unique with unique mechanics, now they made it more bland like another aura. Dont even need to make your build around it like the old AA. Generally i think a very bad change. They are really making some huge changes, bad and good, and I dont think the beta will be finished any time soon (no way in july) with so many huge changes in balance.
Make love not war

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 17, 2015, 05:42:53 pm »

Another patch, another wipe.  *sigh*  I'm not sure how much endurance I have left for the boring slog through Normal, again.

The big changes this time are leech, affixes, and status ailments.  Anyone who wants to read at length can do so here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 30, 2015, 04:45:57 pm »

Update time!

Also news about the next Challenge Leagues: Warband & Tempest.

Edit: Also apparently Phase Run is returning. Not like people have been asking for ages when its gonna show back up, nope.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:50:50 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 30, 2015, 05:14:46 pm »

I wonder if they'll give it back to the people who originally had it....
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2015, 04:04:30 am »

No one had that game as they removed it before the open beta/wipe
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2015, 10:48:15 am »

No one had that game as they removed it before the open beta/wipe

Uh, I absolutely had one, because I played before all of that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2015, 11:39:31 am »

Are you asking if they'll remember who had phase run before the open beta wipe? Because I doubt they'll do that, its just a returning thing like Avatar of Fire did.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2015, 03:37:15 pm »

Uh, I absolutely had one, because I played before all of that.

There was no Phase Run  when the game went open beta. Phase run was in closed beta, but when PoE went open beta they wiped all items and characters. So the only time when you could had that gem was during closed beta before the wipe. And as no one had Phase Run  after the game went open beta (as they removed it than) there is no need for them to return a gem to people that never could get it during the soft release. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:59:52 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »

All that aside, getting access to the new Phase Run shouldn't be an issue for anyone, because of the skill vendor additions already available in the beta.  Skill gems probably won't be quite so cheap or available after release, but most of the active skills should be purchasable somewhere during the road to end-game.

Schoolwork permitting, I may get on this weekend after the last boss fight is added.  Anyone else been playing?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2015, 04:11:54 pm »

I'm still waiting for Lockstep to go live on the normal servers before I really jump back into PoE. I've just been doing my daily quests.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 100