Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239584 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #1125 on: May 20, 2016, 04:47:14 pm »

I tend to only play for the first few weeks of every league. Get a char up to ~85, maybe dabble around in another one, then leave. It helps with burnout, things like the lab don't get me upset because I only have to do them once every few months. That's just me though.

As for Prophecy, it looks fine. It's like Perandus meets Darkshrine, which will be interesting. It's not going to blow my socks off, but I don't think GGG has ever made a league that has. At least it looks far more fun than Talisman, which was the most boring league I've yet played. On the other hand, I think the league combined with the general game improvements (dat performance, dose ascendancy classes, etc.) will keep my attention.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Ascendancy
« Reply #1126 on: May 20, 2016, 06:51:25 pm »

I'm in a PoE slump right now. Don't play leagues, burned out leveling a couple months ago. It'll be a while before I'm back I think.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Atlas of Worlds
« Reply #1127 on: August 11, 2016, 04:03:17 pm »

So theres gonna be some news on friday (saturday NZT) about the expansion, but theres also some other stuff that I thought was worth mentioning before that:

Prophecy is gonna stick around as a core game mechanic. Like the others, its not going to be as common as it was in league. The people who complain about ggg not adding things to standard often enough don't play challenge leagues and just stick around in standard for some reason are happy about this.

Mention in another post of largest-size hideouts being able to hold all of the masters.

Some new uniques.
New mods (or level of mod) on items. Like that helmet with reduced mana reservation on it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 11, 2016, 04:16:24 pm »

The people who don't play challenge leagues and just stick around in standard for some reason ...

It takes some of us more than 3 months to see some of the game's content. 6 links would be a myth if I didn't play standard. Atziri too. Level 8 masters. Tier 4 lab. Etc.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 11, 2016, 04:21:27 pm »

I haven't even seen atziri ingame, standard or not. Too busy not actually getting into merciless most of the time because I got distracted with something else.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 11, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »

The people who don't play challenge leagues and just stick around in standard for some reason ...

It takes some of us more than 3 months to see some of the game's content. 6 links would be a myth if I didn't play standard. Atziri too. Level 8 masters. Tier 4 lab. Etc.

Not to mention that challenge leagues are basically beta tests of new features, which means those features are often imbalanced and always shoved into your face at every opportunity. Remember Invasion? Yeah, invasion bosses in every zone. With ridiculously overpowered abilities. In a hardcore league. What a great idea that was. Hmmm, I wonder why I don't play those... ::)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 07:20:40 pm by Sordid »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 11, 2016, 07:57:39 pm »

I don't play Challenge Leagues because I can't be assed to re-level characters in this game. Not when that content will inevitably come into standard in some form at some point anyways.

I like PoE but I don't really like the amount of time it wants. I'm still, delusional I know, trying to level my main to max, just so I can see what the most I can get out of the build is. I do that in fits and starts when I decide I'm up for a little abuse and RAEG in my gaming. Sorta like deciding to play Dark Souls. Otherwise, leveling characters adnauseam even with items granted and what not just doesn't appeal to me. I get to come back to PoE every 6 months or so, play out the content that has piled up, get a little obsessed, eke out a couple levels and then go play something else.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:37 pm »

Well, thats certainly more than what I'd thought would happen from a bad joke I made out of skimming the poe forum thread.

And reminds me that my main is now actually quite a bit lower level than one of my newer characters. I should change that at some point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 11, 2016, 10:24:46 pm »

Some of us might be slightly bitter about GGG repeatedly throwing content away.  :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 11, 2016, 10:39:38 pm »

I just don't like the Standard League sniping. Some of us enjoy PoE not on the bleeding edge.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 11, 2016, 10:48:15 pm »

I like PoE but I don't really like the amount of time it wants.

Same. That's actually the reason why I've taken a very long hiatus from this game. I'm basically waiting for the devs to pull their heads out of their asses, realize that people have other things to do, and make respecing your skill points unlimited or at least an order of magnitude or two cheaper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 11, 2016, 10:52:26 pm »

I like PoE but I don't really like the amount of time it wants.

Same. That's actually the reason why I've taken a very long hiatus from this game. I'm basically waiting for the devs to pull their heads out of their asses, realize that people have other things to do, and make respecing your skill points unlimited or at least an order of magnitude or two cheaper.

Yeah that's a huge barrier to entry for a friend of mine too. He could get into it, but he hates that he's locked into sub-optimal build decisions as he's still learning the game. Play enough and it's not a problem (a respec always comes along) but he says that's not reliable enough for him to put serious time into the game. Can't honestly blame him. I probably had 40 hours in the game and three characters before I even began to have a clue.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 11, 2016, 10:55:28 pm »

Some of us might be slightly bitter about GGG repeatedly throwing content away.  :P
Would this happen to be related to talismans? :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 11, 2016, 10:56:52 pm »

Yeah that's a huge barrier to entry for a friend of mine too. He could get into it, but he hates that he's locked into sub-optimal build decisions as he's still learning the game. Play enough and it's not a problem (a respec always comes along) but he says that's not reliable enough for him to put serious time into the game. Can't honestly blame him. I probably had 40 hours in the game and three characters before I even began to have a clue.

Yep, all true. And it's not just suboptimal builds. Even if my build is good, I might want to try a radically different one later. I don't want to have to level a whole new character, though, and respecing eighty skill points is a bit pricey even for a long-time player.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:56:03 pm by Sordid »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 12, 2016, 01:28:46 am »

In theory you can just wait for a new major patch that most likely is bringing free respecs with it.

Practically you might as well just make a new character in that time unless you're taking a break, even tho its annoying. Especially with ascendancy points that cost multiple regrets each to respec.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 100