Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239555 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath
« Reply #1335 on: November 17, 2017, 11:22:54 am »

I'm predicting the new premium currency stash tab will be for maps.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 17, 2017, 11:31:25 am »

I'm kinda hoping for that as well, organizing maps so you can easily find what you need is a pain in the ass. Tho I'm not sure how they're going to handle different rarities and stacking if they do make one. Tho even without that, just having a tier system in place would be a major improvement.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 15, 2018, 04:35:49 pm »

Doubleposting because new update/league announcement.

Trailer
Info

Short of it is Pokemon/Monster Hunter league with new NPC dude, buncha uniques getting fated upgrades, uber elder and reworked ascendancies. Comes out 2nd of March.

I just hope that whatever they do they don't nerf the poets pen (tho that's pretty much a given considering how bloody broken the thing is) because a dual poets build is stupid fun from level 12 until whenever you stop playing it.
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 15, 2018, 04:50:35 pm »

Works for me.

They'll also probably roll out their graphics update, which fades out terrain that obstructs your view of your character, officially bringing PoE visual tech up to 2002.

Finally started leveling a Ranger. Ppfffffttt. This shit is a joke. After years of playing only melees, then graduating to casters, now playing a legit ranged build with good uniques is like......now I can understand how people shred at T12 map in 3 minutes. The power difference between ranged and melee, just based on attack speed alone, is kind of sickening. Who needs HP and damage mitigation when most of the things you fight are dead before they even enter your screen.

The real question I have is: will Scion actually get some attention when it comes to the reworked Ascendancies, or if she'll just get another shit-ass grab bag of random half-abilities.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:06:33 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - War for the Atlas
« Reply #1339 on: May 10, 2018, 07:32:05 pm »

New league, Incursion! Enter a vaal temple hundreds of years in the past, upgrade and open new rooms for loot when you find the temple in the present. Looks fun, like a build-your-own-labyrinth. Plus you get to roleplay as a conquistador, except you'll be even more adept at depopulating the natives!

Lots of skill gem changes to go alongside it, with the most notable being a totally reworked Vaal skill system. Vaal gems themselves now provide both the Vaal and standard version of the skill, are substantially more powerful, but cannot accrue their own souls. This means you have super powerful vaal skills that will also benefit from all the links you'd use for your standard gem, but you have to be more picky about when you use them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:34:20 pm by Rex_Nex »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 10, 2018, 08:38:30 pm »

Lots of skill gem changes to go alongside it, with the most notable being a totally reworked Vaal skill system. Vaal gems themselves now provide both the Vaal and standard version of the skill, are substantially more powerful, but cannot accrue their own souls. This means you have super powerful vaal skills that will also benefit from all the links you'd use for your standard gem, but you have to be more picky about when you use them.

Oh man, this means I can run 50 summons again on my Necromancer without feeling like I'm wasting a skill gem slot. This shit is gonna be sssssiiiiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkk.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:06:45 pm by nenjin »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 11, 2018, 12:41:05 pm »

.....now I can understand how people shred at T12 map in 3 minutes.

I run a noob minion build and can do T12s in about 5 minutes. Which is twice what you said, but I think is pretty solid for a build that has its most expensive componnent be an ancient Tabula Rasa. (Yeah, it's been a long time since I last played... I believe it was HC Domination league where I dropped it in the Cliffs, and promptly died against the... jailer guy.)

I've seen melee builds plow waaaay ahead of me, but I suspect they'rre also way more expensive.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 11, 2018, 05:36:43 pm »

I run a noob minion build and can do T12s in about 5 minutes. ...

I've been doing a cheap-ass summoner as my league starter for the last few leagues, and I get to about T10 maps on 99% solo self found gear.  I typically buy a Dream Fragments (the anti-freeze ring, 1c) and a Perandus Blazon (item quantity and stats belt, 1c) strictly for convenience, and just let my wealth accrue.  It's niyce, varry varrry niyce.  /borat

I can tear through maps that fast, but usually only do so for Zana missions; normally I like picking up all the things, otherwise.  ;)

-----

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread, so a guild update is probably in order.

Nist Akath is still a thing that exists.  I'm officially the leader these days, as I've been playing PoE more steadily than Aklyon.  Realistically, that just means I'm the one that sets up and organizes the guild stash when it needs that.  Guild business is generally still handled by tribunal/consensus among officers, and it's really rare things ever have to get that formal.

We're still a laid-back cats-herding-cats sort of situation, but always willing to welcome new folks with open arms.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 11, 2018, 06:03:01 pm »

I think the most formal thing that happened recently was just on if we'd try to accumulate rings for a loreweave to sell and split the chaos from or not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 11, 2018, 06:19:43 pm »

I think the most formal thing that happened recently was just on if we'd try to accumulate rings for a loreweave to sell and split the chaos from or not.

Yeah, and that amounted to a bit of Actual Discussion, then nothing happened because cats-herding-cats.  :P  (which is okay, really, because the Loreweave prices cratered as soon as the surprise wore off)

-----

Bestiary league frustrated me in a lot of ways... targeting the dudes with the correct net timing was a hassle (especially with all the adds), and the fancy captures just didn't show up often enough.  My consolation prize was that kill or capture, the bestiary dudes generated a lot of rares, which worked out nicely for my wealth strategy.

I'm hopeful for the Incursion league.  The time travel angle is kinda absurd, but the game design bits look solid...  feels a lot like "build your own labyrinth" with a side of the timer race from breachstone realms.  It also seems like the league content will be frequent enough to not feel bad if you bungle a run occasionally.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 12, 2018, 05:23:25 am »

What killed bestiary for me was the rng gated endgame content. I never met a single of the spirit beasts that you need to unlock the boss portals despite nearly completing the atlas, it felt like playing standard and I just kinda stopped despite being the richest I've been in any of the previous leagues (like 20+ex worth of shit, got lucky with some abyssal depths and lab enchants).

Atm I'm faffing about in the flashback event, trying random dumb builds like lightning strike witch.

Looking forward to incursion because scaling dungeons like the lab are pretty fun and I'd love to see more of them, especially if there's not much rng fuckery involved with accessing them. I'm not sure if I'll be able to play much tho since I start working next week, so here's hoping it's recieved well and goes to core afterwards.
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 12, 2018, 06:05:10 am »

Bestiary was a really interesting idea with some really neat rewards that had almost impressively awful developmental issues. The launch week where the mechanic was nearly unusable, the interface bloat on beastcrafting, the obscenely low odds of ever getting the end game content. The idea of being able to interact with uniques while leveling and be rewarded for it instead of just running past to the next zone was really enjoyable, and beastcrafting was a godsend for SSF.

At the end of the day, the mechanic was just out of place in the game, and even fully developed it would still be really awkward. I do hope the pokedex returns as a when you kill it get the doodle and such, that was super neat and is probably easy enough to add as a random flavor element.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 12, 2018, 11:37:44 am »

Nist Akath is still a thing that exists.  I'm officially the leader these days, as I've been playing PoE more steadily than Aklyon.  Realistically, that just means I'm the one that sets up and organizes the guild stash when it needs that.  Guild business is generally still handled by tribunal/consensus among officers, and it's really rare things ever have to get that formal.

Sure, why not. I think I'm still in Order of Armok... last seen in November 2013.  :o
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 12, 2018, 03:45:14 pm »

Sure, why not. I think I'm still in Order of Armok... last seen in November 2013.  :o

Sent you a PM with guild info.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:41 pm »

I'm playing in Flashback too, although it's already wearing off on me - I hit 94 on a wander (first time playing one!) and plan to slowly grind out 95 before the league peters out. I have no idea how people go for 100 without friends, watching the hours go by while you play the same maps hundreds of times isn't just boring, it's depressing. This is probably the fastest build in the game too, so I can't imagine how it feels to do on something less minmaxed for xp/h. If I ever do it, it'd be with friends, but I definitely never will.

Bestiary was just essence with extra tedium, but I spent a lot of time on it. I like slow leagues where people don't have as easy access to humongous amounts of wealth. Hopefully the next time they try a slow league like this, it's actually enjoyable to interact with.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 100