Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324270 times)

OrdoSicarius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.11] - Revocane's Let's play link in OP
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:19 am »

Is there a wiki or something for the mod that's updated?

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2012, 06:15:40 pm »

Ah, possibly some stupid questions, but I used the search function and couldn't find anything about them...

I used the Shroom Shrine and got a bunch of weird tablets. What do I do with this stuff? Also: There isn't an option to make mithril wafers in the smelter. Am I missing something there?

Sorry if these questions are dumb, I haven't played DF in a while.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #452 on: December 14, 2012, 12:05:07 am »

Nope!
Both http://genesis-mod.webs.com/ and http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/ are outdated, even for 3.xx OldGenesis.

*searches thread and raws* Shroom Shrine: nothing yet, it's a work in progress.
Yeah looks like Deon needs to add Mithril wafers reaction.

Deon: [REACTION:SUMMON_PIT_FIEND] requires opals but desc says black diamonds.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:10:16 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 14, 2012, 11:19:21 am »

Also: There isn't an option to make mithril wafers in the smelter. Am I missing something there?
Are you trying to make mithril wafers after making chunks of it at the deep furnace? If not, build one of those and start making chunks to process into wafers.

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »

Nope!
Both http://genesis-mod.webs.com/ and http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/ are outdated, even for 3.xx OldGenesis.

*searches thread and raws* Shroom Shrine: nothing yet, it's a work in progress.
Yeah looks like Deon needs to add Mithril wafers reaction.

Deon: [REACTION:SUMMON_PIT_FIEND] requires opals but desc says black diamonds.

Oh, okay. Adding a Mithril thread-to-wafers reaction shouldn't be too hard.

Also: There isn't an option to make mithril wafers in the smelter. Am I missing something there?
Are you trying to make mithril wafers after making chunks of it at the deep furnace? If not, build one of those and start making chunks to process into wafers.

It was after processing it into thread. I checked the reaction_smelter.txt and didn't see one for mithril, and I guess now I will just add one myself and see how that goes next world gen.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2012, 10:41:57 pm »

Is it possible for an adventurer in adventure mode to learn more then 1 secret? I wanna read all the types of slabs and be the most powerful wizard in Hogwarts!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2012, 10:42:35 pm »

Is it possible for an adventurer in adventure mode to learn more then 1 secret? I wanna read all the types of slabs and be the most powerful wizard in Hogwarts!

Yep.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.10]
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2012, 06:55:51 am »

- Companion order menu now uses 1-9 instead of A-Z for orders to avoid confusion.
yeah that change ended up breaking the order menu due to the script can't register any commands outside of letters and numbers.
so going over 26 units or for my sake writing over 9 commands ends up making it impossible to use those units/commands.
this is a flaw in the script.
here's a picture of what will happen.

In this picture I can't get access to any commands past 9.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2012, 04:47:39 pm »

Yep.

Awesome. Do all the secrets grant "no hunger, thirst and sleep" as well as stop attribute growth or is that necromancy only?

Also, what does gathering plants reaction in adventure mode do, can I do anything with the plants I gather?

And how much superior is mithril compared to other metals?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:12:08 pm by MoloMowChow »

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »

[/quote]
Think of Mithril as the metal in between Steel and Adamantine. It's light, strong and sharp. It's not as sharp or sturdy as Adamantine, but it does the job.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:33 pm »

Think of Mithril as the metal in between Steel and Adamantine. It's light, strong and sharp. It's not as sharp or sturdy as Adamantine, but it does the job.
[/quote]

Cool that makes sense. It's just that I noticed in the patch notes that "blood steel" and "void steel" not only are better then steel, but are also good for humanoids and beasts respectively. With the ability to transmute weapons and now that I have access to blood/void steel bars and mithril bars, I'm just wondering (I'm a swordsman by the way) if a blood/void steel (long)swords is better then a mithril (long)sword, assuming that I'm using the blood/void steel on enemies that the game claims they work better against.
I also managed to look off a masterwork mithril scimitar from a goblin chief, and wondering if that's better then any hand made blade.

Also, is it possible to give different qualities to weapons I transmute? Or are they forever locked on basic quality?

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2012, 12:35:51 am »

Cool that makes sense. It's just that I noticed in the patch notes that "blood steel" and "void steel" not only are better then steel, but are also good for humanoids and beasts respectively. With the ability to transmute weapons and now that I have access to blood/void steel bars and mithril bars, I'm just wondering (I'm a swordsman by the way) if a blood/void steel (long)swords is better then a mithril (long)sword, assuming that I'm using the blood/void steel on enemies that the game claims they work better against.
I also managed to look off a masterwork mithril scimitar from a goblin chief, and wondering if that's better then any hand made blade.

Also, is it possible to give different qualities to weapons I transmute? Or are they forever locked on basic quality?

For edged weapons it goes;Vulcanite>Adamantine>Mithril>Blood/Voidsteel>Steel/Meteoric>Iron/Cobalt/Bronze/Black Bronze>Copper
Generally this also applies to armor as well.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:51:57 am by Siaru »

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 18, 2012, 09:09:46 pm »

In adventure mode, a enemy Revenant happened to cast a sort of Lifebreak spell on me. I survived the ambush unscathed, but it seems that every time I finish fast traveling, my body will experience pain. In my status page, my entire body is constantly in a state of orange, despite no health problems.

Is the effects of the lifebreak permanent? Does it disappear overtime, negated, or cured?

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 19, 2012, 01:23:47 am »

In adventure mode, a enemy Revenant happened to cast a sort of Lifebreak spell on me. I survived the ambush unscathed, but it seems that every time I finish fast traveling, my body will experience pain. In my status page, my entire body is constantly in a state of orange, despite no health problems.

Is the effects of the lifebreak permanent? Does it disappear overtime, negated, or cured?
In my fort-mode experience, it will wear off. However, How long I'm not sure on. It could take a few days, a week, or longer. I do know that it should go away.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 19, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

Thanks for answering all my questions!

I went to a tower and learned druid secrets. It's cool having multiple power, although I wish I knew what some of them did, like ice and mud clouds. I went into legends mode for my world and realized that all 4 towers only seemed to carry druid secret slabs. A pyromancy clab was stored in a Human Fort site apparently, and a storm/lightning slab was stored in a Dwarf Civilization Fort! A necromancy slab was claimed by someone in a dherim village apparently, although he doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Is it possible to claim slabs in locations other then Towers now? I'm really worried about the storm one because I thought dwarf civilization sites couldn't be entered?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 108