Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324190 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Change [BUILDING_FURNACE:ADVENTURER_FORGE_ADV] to [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:ADVENTURER_FORGE_ADV] on building_adventurer.txt

As for the not-being-able-to-smelt thing, are you playing as an outsider? I'm going to have to test this one.

@Deon: The adventurer's forge is still BUILDING_FURNACE in 5.24
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, has anyone tested adamantine in adventurer mode? Is there a wafer making reaction in the Smelting Pit?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im getting a gamebreaking bug, i get a creature called a nothing, everything passes right though, wastes all my ammo, though good for training dummies, if i could interact with them without crashing the game. im positive its not a feature, and the crashes are really getting bothersome, so a fix, even just a how to fix would be good. the only raw change i made was to add some of my favorite vanilla creatures that didnt make the cut before so i have no idea how this could happen
Can you tell me how you got it? I am pretty sure I tested all arena creatures!

P.S. Wait, you modded it yourself? What does your errorlog.txt say?

Error(s) finalizing the creature, then several tokens that are not recognized, i checked a modding thread and discovered a small error, but i think i figured it out, it was my modding skill that was in error not yours, i missed the tissue thicknesses, so things passed through these things, although science could be done on doing this to make an archery target creature, or a creature that changes its tissue thickness to phase out to avoid attacks, and this makes me think of an interesting aplication for void dwellers, especially those that are ethereal

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

For an easy and hackish way to make attacks phase through, you can use the feather templates in both tissue and material templates, and everything will pass through. However, there's no way to use this in interactions, except through polymorphing, so this has limited usage.

Urist Mcfortwrecker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For an easy and hackish way to make attacks phase through, you can use the feather templates in both tissue and material templates, and everything will pass through. However, there's no way to use this in interactions, except through polymorphing, so this has limited usage.

so could you have a creature polymorph, then have a time delayed polymorph back to the original form? so that it would phase out then phase back in a couple thousand ticks later?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Yes. Although it has the (un)wanted side effect of regrowing lost limbs.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Change [BUILDING_FURNACE:ADVENTURER_FORGE_ADV] to [BUILDING_WORKSHOP:ADVENTURER_FORGE_ADV] on building_adventurer.txt

As for the not-being-able-to-smelt thing, are you playing as an outsider? I'm going to have to test this one.

@Deon: The adventurer's forge is still BUILDING_FURNACE in 5.24
changing it to workshop worked. Im playing as a normal dherim the melt gauntlets and boots do not show up and dont exist in the raws (i tried adding it in but it did not show up in the smelting pit interface).

adventurer forge also cannot be used to forge gauntlets, the option does not show up (and does not exist in the raws either).

strangely adventurer forge had the option to forge full helms for dherim, and normal metalship forge could only forge kettle helms. It could not forge glaives or crescent swords but could forge halberds and normal weapons.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Ahh.

You can only make the same equipment as your parent civ. This means that Dwarves have access to dwarven plates and Dalesmen have access to bastard swords, among other things they can make as defined in the entity raws.

As for the adventurer forge, it's limited only by the custom raws of that workshop. And I think there are still bugs related to boot-making in custom workshops. You might want to make boots on metalsmiths instead.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing in the raws indicate that adventurers could smelt adamantine wafers/bars/ingots from adamantine strands. Is this intentional, or you plan to implement it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Deon probably forgot about implementing bluemetal smelting. In the meantime, here's a workaround (haven't tried this):

[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS_ADV] (replace with ALCHEMY_06 - 30 if on pre-existing game)
[NAME:make adamantine wafers]
[BUILDING:SMELTING_PIT_ADV:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's not forgotten, I just didn't get around adventure mode workshop furnace replacement (since furnaces still are not built), I will make sure to put that in for the next update. Sorry guys, lots of work, I am like superbusy (and try to stay in top gold league ladder in Starcraft 2, heh).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon probably forgot about implementing bluemetal smelting. In the meantime, here's a workaround (haven't tried this):

[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS_ADV] (replace with ALCHEMY_06 - 30 if on pre-existing game)

That's nice. Is that regular metal bar size, or adamantine wafer size, though? I'm trying to count how many blue rocks should I mine to make as much dwarven armor for my adventurer as I can wear.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(and try to stay in top gold league ladder in Starcraft 2, heh).
gluck with that, i personally am content to remain in the bronze/silver league even though i know i have the potential to be gold or higher (if i at least practiced and played, but i hate ladder).

i have some more questions guys, how do you carve stairways on another Z level using advfort? standing on top of a downstair carved from the side with alt+> does not seem to work. alt+numpad5 also doesnt work.

i also notice the "working (countdown)" number of labors in advfort changes, how do you make that number smaller? i need to wait at least half a minute or more depending on my frame rate for it to count down. Making armor and charcoal used to take 250ish ticks but after i became a husk the number seems to have doubled.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

That's nice. Is that regular metal bar size, or adamantine wafer size, though? I'm trying to count how many blue rocks should I mine to make as much dwarven armor for my adventurer as I can wear.

It's regular metal bar size. Not sure how large adamantine wafer size is.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wafer is just another name for a bar.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 108