Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084986 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Ah, fair doos. Well I still want mechs, just make them less powerfull. I like the idea of a multi-pilot mech. They should do more of that.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I wasn't a huge fan of either, but yeah the BFR's were cheap.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It took about 3 tanks to kill a biffer, that's 6 people vs 1

Worse part was that their shields regened, so most of their hp would recover over time

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The BFRs were pretty stupid. By no means invincible. I saw them taken down all the time, and they tended to attract a lot of attention, so if you could just get people to focus on them for a bit, they'd go down, but without a concerted effort, a halfway decent BFR driver was somewhat invulnerable. I also believe the TR BFRs had an extra turret on top that could be crewed by a second person. Honestly, I never liked them as a concept, but that's just me. I'd much rather get more conventional vehicle choices.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was two types of BFRs, ground variants and air variants.

All factions had both

AVs had to be unlocked by getting a bunch of kills with the ground variant

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

If anyone is wondering, BFR stood for something else as well.

It was Big Fucking Rapists.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:21:02 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In fact i did like the BFR the requirement needed to get it was somewhat time consuming, sure there was some balance issues but all in all i did like it, it was like the *end* reawrd for vehiculke user, and since most of the time there was barely any vehicule out due to zergling, we needed them to push forward.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

You spelt 3 words wrong and had horrible grammar, therefore your point is moot.

But in all seriousness, large requirements are a bad excuse for OP gear. It only serves 2 purposes, to make it harder for new players to get into the game, and make it easier and more boring for skilled players. Higher levels in Multiplayer games should allow more variation or specialization, not more powerful stuff.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

General rule for weapon balance: more powerful weapon = more weaknesses put on user.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You spelt 3 words wrong and had horrible grammar, therefore your point is moot.

But in all seriousness, large requirements are a bad excuse for OP gear. It only serves 2 purposes, to make it harder for new players to get into the game, and make it easier and more boring for skilled players. Higher levels in Multiplayer games should allow more variation or specialization, not more powerful stuff.

Ok my point is moot because im french?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Ok my point is moot because im french?
It was a meme-joke. Why is everyone so serious?

General rule for weapon balance: more powerful weapon = more weaknesses put on user.
Not Completely sure about this, but that is a way to balance. I just perfer that the weapons you get at higher levels should just be stuff with different abilities and stats, while not being outright more powerful then what everyone else has.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Weapon balance also can work by making everything a sidegrade.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Weapon balance also can should always work by making everything a sidegrade.

Fixed that for you. :P

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Thrn again, you could just do only cosmetic stuff and avoid weapon balance altogether. Its just as successful, and the proof for it is clearly there. For example, Do I need even say hats?

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile

-DELETED-
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:01:11 am by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 826