Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084974 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I like the way you say "if" as if it were up for debate.  It rather looks like we already have a group here :P

In fact, should we start making a list and perhaps designate our roles?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

PFC Forsaken reporting in as an Engineer Ma'am!

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

Are you locked into a specific role once you chose it? Or can you change it up as you do different things? I'd hate to make a heavy weapons guy then be stuck with it forever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Are you locked into a specific role once you chose it? Or can you change it up as you do different things? I'd hate to make a heavy weapons guy then be stuck with it forever.
You can change your equipment at will but if its anything like planetside 1 you select certain certifications which control what special equipment you can use, and you can unlock more and more certifications as you level up.

For example my level 5 guy might have unlocked hacking, repair, and light vehicle certs while yours has unlocked all three MAX certs or something. I can do advanced hacking, deploy turrets and drive light vehicles, you can pilot all 3 MAX suits.

Anyone can use the basic equipment and vehicles though, like buggies and assault rifles.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I like the way you say "if" as if it were up for debate.  It rather looks like we already have a group here :P
I'm saying "If" in case something horrible happens and the Outfit isn't formed. I've learned to expect dissapointment. :P

Otherwise, yeah, I'm cool with a list.

From what I've seen, you will need to "Cert" (Basically spend EXP) for things, and you need to spec in something to be effective, but you can reset your Certs if you want. Of course, you won't be able to do it every other day, but your not locked to something.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:20:43 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd rather play Vanu, even if it means not playing with B12 people.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

actually, last I checked, you can't reset your certs anymore. But apparently it's using a mix of exp style for getting certs as well as the old EVE method where you slowly get certs over a period of time as well whether you're playing or not. They haven't made official how many cert points it'll take any given thing to unlock, but if I gathered right, the basic unlock stuff will be relatively cheap, while it's the upgrades and add-ons which will be more expensive. But I don't think I heard that anywhere outright, and the cost structure is still very undecided.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Here's hoping they aren't disgustingly grindy like some free MMOs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can reset your Certs if you want.

That was the case in PS1. Not anymore.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

If I can't respec my certs I better be able to eventually get ALL the certs...

Edit: Watched video above. There is no max to your cert points so you CAN eventually get everything. Excellent!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 06:08:25 pm by forsaken1111 »

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Although I'm willing to bet that they'll enable re-certification quite fast, probably for money.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is no limit on how many certs you can get now, cert is relate to either offline time (increase when you dont play so your not penalised but much more slowly than being active ) and well being active, playing, killing, doing anything that should reward XP healing others, hacking, pretty much anything even driving now give experience point much more activly than in PS1 where your gunner had to kill to receive XP, in PS 2 im not quite sure how it work but matt said it will give XP.

TLDR; So you get XP wich give out certs point. There is no respec but there is no limit on how many certs you get.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

You can reset your Certs if you want.
That was the case in PS1. Not anymore.

Strange. In the same video, he also said that Re-certing was indeed possible, I believe. I distinctly remember him saying that. You would not be able to do it very often (Expecting time between recerts to be about anywhere between a Week or a Month.), but it he did say it would be possible. I am also almost certain that they will charge you one or two dollars to recert, its just too much of an opprotunity to miss.

Watched video above. There is no max to your cert points so you CAN eventually get everything. Excellent!
Good fucking luck to you then. He said that one certification point will equate to about 10 minutes of playtime, and you need more then one cert pont to level up some things, your going to be playing for a LOOONNNG time. :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm the ability to pay for recert? im good with that!Its not like there is a limit anyway but its good to totaly change once in a while. Not recerting just mean taking a but longuer to get where you want, while recert is good to get what you want but loose what you had. There is no real balance issue here.

Sadly im sure some player will cry because PS1 had recert and PS2 has buy to recert even thos its not totaly the same system...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the same video, he also said that Re-certing was indeed possible, I believe. I distinctly remember him saying that.

TB said that just before the point in the video I linked to, but he was talking about how things worked in PS1. Then he asked if PS2 was any different.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 826