Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085029 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

You know, it occurs to me that it could be a real problem that they're forcing you to stick with one faction on a server. In PS1 if one side was underpopulated they'd get some incentives for people to switch over and even it up a bit but now you can't switch over, you're stuck with whatever you chose.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile

You know, it occurs to me that it could be a real problem that they're forcing you to stick with one faction on a server. In PS1 if one side was underpopulated they'd get some incentives for people to switch over and even it up a bit but now you can't switch over, you're stuck with whatever you chose.

I imagine this will be somewhat solved by PS2 being free to play, meaning much higher number of players and the ability to just make one account for each faction if you want.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I haven't even played and I hate the Vanu :P
BURN THE BARNIES.

But in all seriousness, I wish I could sympathise with all you people who have to switch factions, but since I have not played the first Planetside I so far have only been NC.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

Look like a full platoon of liberators will pretty much be like calling an exterminatus on the battlefield :p

This game is looking better and better.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sold. I realized though, by the time it comes out, I'll be in college in a hick town in Montana with a laptop and college internet.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Just saw a little Vanu UFO being shot at by a MAX.  The MAX didn't have AA weapons, but the Vanu couldn't quite hit it.  The Vanu was hovering in mid-air, solid, stationary as a brick, and when he started getting hit by the MAX's anti-infantry gun the Vanu turned and sped into the sky.

Fuckin' UFOs, jeeze!

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the fact that NC lost the poll but are trying to claim full control.  It's just like the smurfs to support "freedom" and "democracy" only when it suits their corporate overlords.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

NC was chosen mostly due to the MAX and potential for big explosions. At least that is what I think that happened.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

NC was chosen mostly due to the MAX and potential for big explosions. At least that is what I think that happened.
Meh. It looks like a metal box to me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Stream just ended. Thoughts?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stream just ended. Thoughts?
Holy shit that liberator team

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I noticed that Vanu Scythe turn and go as well. That looked pretty effing smooth...  :o

Too much MAX-action so far, but that is to be expected with tryouts. They're also giving away beta keys on facebook, but just 10 at a time and they're always gone in seconds, don't get your hopes up.

The jump-jets look very useful.

A MAX got stuck behind a small rail. That looked ridiculous.

Liberator... wow.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

This stream didn't do it justice.  It put them on a single hex spawning nearby, so it made much more like a Call of Duty type of game with quick respawn and all.  In the full game we should see a lot more reinforcements from other hexes and charging in from different angles, as well as organized waves.  Instead of everyone just spawning whenever they can and rushing in, should see a lot of people gearing up with vehicles and teammates and moving in force.

As for the gameplay itself, it looks extremely flashy, loud, and chaotic without getting dirty.  Can really feel the shells dropping and the smoke screens.  In the stream, one guy was in a Galaxy's bomber seat and a MAX started shooting flak at the Galaxy.  The bomber jumped out, because the Galaxy is tough but the flak is big, loud, and scary, and he called a bluff.  That is beautiful.

I also LOVE the drop pods.  Gonna have to organize some mass-drops, MAX preferably.

I'm also going to have to find my mic if we're doing a B12 outfit!

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There gonna be a lot of liberator squads - easy pickings for ours slycers :P
Dont like the MAX speed boost tho.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also LOVE the drop pods.  Gonna have to organize some mass-drops, MAX preferably.
Drop pods can knock out aircraft.

Sold.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 826