Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089348 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Anything else is immature.
Silly statement is silly.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Curse the fact that multiple polls are an impossibility here. I'd like to make an additional poll over the possibility of a suffix like -Mechanized Infantry Division and its like.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Let's focus on what we'll actually do here.  No one is going to be in the middle of a fight, look up, and say, "Fall back to the bunkers, the Mechanized Dwarven Infantry has arrived!"  No.  You're going to have some guy try to get in his brand new Galaxy, only to have it blown up instantly, and say "Fuck Bay12."

Your name shouldn't be long.  If it's too long to type, people won't type it.  They're not going to respect what no one talks about.  Keep it short and let the bullets do the talking.

Not to mention that we may not end up as a "mechanized infantry" or whatever.  Cool names and all, but w may start and outfit and then find out that we do infiltrator rushes amazingly well and our tank-themed name is terribly out of place.  Don't tie down the company to one profession by name and then make it awkward when we don't do that.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Your name shouldn't be long.  If it's too long to type, people won't type it.  They're not going to respect what no one talks about.  Keep it short and let the bullets do the talking.
As always, you make a valid point. Maybe the outfits name becomes The Twelfth Bay, but everybody is just going to say Bay 12 because it is simpler and faster to type.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

As always, you make a valid point. Maybe the outfits name becomes The Twelfth Bay, but everybody is just going to say Bay 12 because it is simpler and faster to type.
Or the outfit could just be named B12

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with everything said above! So, on to Strategy!

I was thinking, and for when we're moving en-mass somewhere, in coloumn etc., I imagine having 5 or 6 outriders (Infiltrators on the Quads, cloaked if they add that back in), moving a good distance ahead/to the side of the coloumn could be massivley benificial, as it'd give a heads up for falling on enemies, so we could get into a more combative formation, as well as give early warning if enemy Liberators are in-bound, so we could scatter.

As for combat strategy, I like the one mentioned in the stream at one point. 1 Infiltrator per squad sneaks in to the base, then the other 9 people of said squad drop-pod onto his location. If you can get several squads in there, imagine the sight, raining fire from the heavens!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Or the outfit could just be named B12
Or Bay12
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The map is pretty large, but I'm not sure it'll be quite large enough for long convoys.  More than likely, we'll all grab a vehicle at a base, get in and get ready, and then fly over in combat formation.  There's land in between the bases, but not enough to really worry about, at least from all that I can see.

I also want a Stealth Galaxy.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The map is pretty large, but I'm not sure it'll be quite large enough for long convoys.  More than likely, we'll all grab a vehicle at a base, get in and get ready, and then fly over in combat formation.  There's land in between the bases, but not enough to really worry about, at least from all that I can see.

I also want a Stealth Galaxy.

Shoot, I like convoys....
Stealth Galaxy only works until an enemy mosquito accidently flies in to you...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I just want to set up in ambush on the sides of a cliff.
That would be awesome.
(and then just drive your truck off the cliff and crash into the head of the convoy. for the lulz)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Maps should be as big as the maps in planetside1 and we had convoys in that. We'd do armor columns to protect the AMS to set up spawn points or just protecting a transport with some MAX units inside

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

The problem with drop-podding our troops onto their base is that they will all get shot down by AA.  What we need is for the infiltrators to go in first and take out their AA.  Then we send in air superiority fighters to clear the airspace.  Once its clear, we send in the heavy bombers to rain fire while our ground forces assault the base, backed up by galaxies dropping men where needed.  Though I do like the infiltrators on quads idea, though A few light infantry on quads might be useful as well.

(if you couldn't guess by my plan, I'm an aircraft fanatic)

Edit: Just found this: http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=42845
seems some clans are already playing the beta! damn them!

Edit edit: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/forums/list.m this seems to be the official beta forum.  Lots of registered users on there :( 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:52:54 am by draco1234 »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Maps should be as big as the maps in planetside1 and we had convoys in that. We'd do armor columns to protect the AMS to set up spawn points or just protecting a transport with some MAX units inside
Those were actually surprisingly fun to do as well, a coordinated convoy looks pretty awesome. I mostly did reaver airsupport for them.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with drop-podding our troops onto their base is that they will all get shot down by AA.  What we need is for the infiltrators to go in first and take out their AA.  Then we send in air superiority fighters to clear the airspace.  Once its clear, we send in the heavy bombers to rain fire while our ground forces assault the base, backed up by galaxies dropping men where needed.  Though I do like the infiltrators on quads idea, though A few light infantry on quads might be useful as well.

(if you couldn't guess by my plan, I'm an aircraft fanatic)

Edit: Just found this: http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=42845
seems some clans are already playing the beta! damn them!

Edit edit: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/forums/list.m this seems to be the official beta forum.  Lots of registered users on there :( 

Well, a couple hundred does not a Beta make! just gives me hope that we may be in by this or next weekend!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can smell a clusterfuck coming along.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 826