Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089916 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Awww yeah son, got me a beta key! After so many haikus tweeted, sweet, sweet beta.

So have we decided on all the details of a bay12 outfit? I really hope we go for a really goofy name, so people are even angrier when we kill them.

edit : Actually how can I confirm I have entered my key? I got sent an email verifying that, but I don't see anything in my account page to signify that...? Or am I just being dense again.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:42:16 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

So have we decided on all the details of a bay12 outfit? I really hope we go for a really goofy name, so people are even angrier when we kill them.

edit : Actually how can I confirm I have entered my key? I got sent an email verifying that, but I don't see anything in my account page to signify that...? Or am I just being dense again.
Bay12 / Bay 12 got the most votes for outfit name.

You should get an email if you've entered it correctly. I did anyway.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

True. F2P will mean a shitload of assclowns, and I wonder how they'll mitigate that annoyance.
If you can't follow others, orders, or the missions system, you can always use them as cannon fodder to protect the people who can actually hit the broadside of a Galaxy most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

Bay 12? Not "Cancels eat:On Fire"? I am mildly disappointed.

Also just the email, nothing on the SOE website? Because I got the email, kind of before verifying it apparently. Hope that isn't a problem, but if I got the email, I should be ok.

And if all else fails, the game is gonna be free anyway come release, heh.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

You should get an email and somewhere near the bottom... hmm, actually...

That's the email I got when I entered a valid code.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a chance to snag one on twitter...and SOE apparently decided I needed to reset my account password...

FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Nah, the bots would have snatched it up in under a second.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, the bots would have snatched it up in under a second.
Even with all the random symbols and extra numbers thrown in there now?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Why would that matter? Bot probably just reads the page code and nabs whatever it is they're after. Obfuscation like that just slows down humans, not machines :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would that matter? Bot probably just reads the page code and nabs whatever it is they're after. Obfuscation like that just slows down humans, not machines :P
It's not like they enter the code, and then twitter adds the nonsense symbols (which also include valid symbols, but bracketed in a way so that it is not clearly part of the code).
A bot could filter out nonsense, but not the valid+nonsense combinations that would obviously not be part of the code to a human.

Well, I've had enough for tonight.  I think I'll try my hand at photoshopping something with puppies tomorrow, seeing as I have two cute dogs (one of whom is sitting on my arm...), and moderate photoshop skills.  If only I could find sheet music for some of the music from planetside 1.  I'm a pretty damn good bass clarinet player.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:30:01 pm by Mistercheif »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

*sigh* Still no beta key, without resorting to shenanigans. So... anybody play PS1?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh* Still no beta key, without resorting to shenanigans. So... anybody play PS1?
PS1 accounts automaticly will be granted early access to beta. You dont need a key.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, if you aren't following @NaniteSystems on twitter (or your twitter is spammed all to hell), you may be interested in this. A few days ago I asked this (and received a response):
@NaniteSystems Can ECM be installed in your aircraft (besides chaff) to jam the guidance systems of missiles or prevent lock-on?
The response:
@Trafalgard aircraft can be equipped with a wide range of anti-lockon or jamming sys. Most are post factory add-ons

Knowing that, and having a feeling that NC is going to get more zergy players less willing to cooperate and coordinate, and that they are more hated than any other faction (on Planetside Universe's forums, anyways), I'm fairly sure I'm going Vanu.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

PS1 accounts automaticly will be granted early access to beta. You dont need a key.
Exactly... I was considering subscribing. :P But, not if nobody is playing it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Zona

• Bay Watcher
  • SEE YOU SOON
    • View Profile

That's the email I got when I entered a valid code.

That's the same email I got when I entered the key. In addition under memberships I believe it lists Planetside 2 as Active.

Also, For The Vanu! Bringing Humanity forward, by force is necessary!
Those lucky dwarves, despite the risk of being stabbed, shots, poisoned, eaten, mauled, enslaved, eviscerated or involved in accidents... at least they don’t have to worry about immediate dangers like the heat death of the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 826